Author Topic: Le-Choke Strikes Again!  (Read 6747 times)

Re: Le-Choke Strikes Again!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 04:19:20 PM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
But he didn't win and he let his team down when it mattered, Fafnir.  He choked, deal with it.   No one said he played a bad game.  But 4 TO's is never good and once again shot only .47% from the field.  This looks good until you figure how many layups and drives he shot.  Bottom line is he did CHOKE.

PP taunted him prior to the second free throw by putting up his hands in the middle of the lane.   It must have angered him because he tried to make a play on the in balance pass.   But he just wasn't quite an all time great and could not pull it off.  

You are a real riot and your man love for LeBron sickens me.  This guy was avoiding shots in the 4th.   How times did he pass off with 4 seconds in the shot clock.  He should not even be mentioned in the same breath as MJ.  MJ would have took the game over and made those shots that he avoided.  I would not take LeBron ever on this team.  Born loser.

Well said.  If the c's had LBJ rather than Pierce - they would not be a TEAM as they currently are.  Lebron is an amazing player - no one on here will dispute that.  But every time he has had a real chance to solidify his legacy as an all-time great player who is a winner - he has either choked or given up.  I wouldn't want Lebron on this team even for Shaq's current salary.  He is a cancer... and a loser....and a choker.  

Man you are talking non-sense. Lebron is great man and if we had him we will win a couple of titles. So don't talk like he's a horrible player. Hell I seen Paul miss freethrows and miss clutch shots too so whatever man.

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 04:49:58 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
But he didn't win and he let his team down when it mattered, Fafnir.  He choked, deal with it.   No one said he played a bad game.  But 4 TO's is never good and once again shot only .47% from the field.  This looks good until you figure how many layups and drives he shot.  Bottom line is he did CHOKE.

PP taunted him prior to the second free throw by putting up his hands in the middle of the lane.   It must have angered him because he tried to make a play on the in balance pass.   But he just wasn't quite an all time great and could not pull it off.  

You are a real riot and your man love for LeBron sickens me.  This guy was avoiding shots in the 4th.   How times did he pass off with 4 seconds in the shot clock.  He should not even be mentioned in the same breath as MJ.  MJ would have took the game over and made those shots that he avoided.  I would not take LeBron ever on this team.  Born loser.

Well said.  If the c's had LBJ rather than Pierce - they would not be a TEAM as they currently are.  Lebron is an amazing player - no one on here will dispute that.  But every time he has had a real chance to solidify his legacy as an all-time great player who is a winner - he has either choked or given up.  I wouldn't want Lebron on this team even for Shaq's current salary.  He is a cancer... and a loser....and a choker.  

Man you are talking non-sense. Lebron is great man and if we had him we will win a couple of titles. So don't talk like he's a horrible player. Hell I seen Paul miss freethrows and miss clutch shots too so whatever man.

Have another look at my post, man.  Of course Paul has missed clutch free throws before - he has had so many opportunities and he is an 80% +/- free throw shooter.  He is bound to miss a few, so is Lebron.  But the point is that Paul is a proven clutch player throughout his career.  Lebron is a proven choker and a quitter.  His game does not get better when it matters - it gets worse.  Paul is just the opposite.  You can't deny the facts...
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 04:50:26 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Now that's the LBJ I know! Cool under pressure my ...

Ha ha ha...too bad Sherrod Blakely couldn't complete that sentence on twitter.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 05:06:34 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Was anyone else surprised LBJ didn't try to take advantage of the matchup when being guarded by Rondo?  Conservative estimates would put him 6 inches taller and 75 lbs heavier than Rondo.  Well things worked out in our favor so no complaints here.

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 05:13:47 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
Was anyone else surprised LBJ didn't try to take advantage of the matchup when being guarded by Rondo?  Conservative estimates would put him 6 inches taller and 75 lbs heavier than Rondo.

NBA is worst is not online, I guess. ;) :P

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 05:35:26 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

What a chump, he always finds a way to screw things up.

I'll take perce anyday over Lebum, Lefraud, Lecon, whatever you want to call him.
Uh, he outplayed Pierce by a huge margin today, kept him from hitting a single shot from the field. One missed free throw doesn't change the first 47 minutes of the game.

Almost everyone in the league would have outplayed Pierce today. Awful game for him.
Considering that LeBron was the one guarding him the two events are related.

Pierce's averages against the Cav's in the playoffs last year:
13.5 PPG on 34% shooting, with a .429 TS%

I'd say it had a lot more to do with the flu today. How many wide open shots did Paul miss out of his 10 attempts?
Agreed.  LeBron had nothing to do with the majority of Pierce's misses today.

About the Cavs series, ever consider it had more to do with LeBron's offense/high usage and Pierce chasing him around than LeBron's defense?  There were countless plays where i was impressed with how much Pierce gave up his body on defense in that series.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 05:52:14 PM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
Was anyone else surprised LBJ didn't try to take advantage of the matchup when being guarded by Rondo?  Conservative estimates would put him 6 inches taller and 75 lbs heavier than Rondo.

But I did watch the game, and the c's won as I said they would.

:D

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 05:55:34 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
Was anyone else surprised LBJ didn't try to take advantage of the matchup when being guarded by Rondo?  Conservative estimates would put him 6 inches taller and 75 lbs heavier than Rondo.

I thought you were going to come in and blame LBJ for the loss instead of crediting the Cs' team defense and team play...:P

TP for the predicition.

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 06:07:52 PM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
Was anyone else surprised LBJ didn't try to take advantage of the matchup when being guarded by Rondo?  Conservative estimates would put him 6 inches taller and 75 lbs heavier than Rondo.

I thought you were going to come in and blame LBJ for the loss instead of crediting the Cs' team defense and team play...:P

TP for the predicition.

Dang, you guys are too much...

- the C's D in the 3rd was stellar, and the big shots by Wafer, KG, Davis, and Rondo's huge performance were tremendous.

I even loved the steal/runout/block by the rim by Davis!

It's just great to see the Celtics' superior bball IQ destroy the heatles - never gets old...

And to get it done in THEIR statement game with 5 guys out and Pierce at his worst was just excellent.