Author Topic: Why I LOVE hockey  (Read 8153 times)

Why I LOVE hockey
« on: February 04, 2011, 08:45:19 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Last night's B's game featured THREE fights in the first 4 seconds of the game, one after each of the first 3 opening faceoffs.  AWESOME!

Hockey isn't nessecarily the most watchable sport for TV, but it is far and away the coolest sport just for what happened last night.

Re: Why I LOVE hockey
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 10:11:47 AM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
I'm not a huge hockey fan, but I was intrigued. I heard it was definitely a game to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXRfgSbmoVg

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 10:27:58 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Why not just watch boxing? Or MMA or whatever.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 11:37:45 AM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
Why not just watch boxing? Or MMA or whatever.

'Cause a hockey game won't break out.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 11:39:32 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
And ever since that game is why it sucks to be a Bruins fan.  This team has just an uncanny ability to ruin every bit of good will they build with the public.

Whether it was blowing off the trade deadline last year, or choking away a 3-0 lead (in games, and then in game 7) in the playoffs last year.

Or not showing up for 3 games in a row after that Montreal game, including an embarrasing loss to Toronto (which was a double-whammy because they own Toronto's top 5 pick this year).

Or after all kinds of smoke about a big trade going down, including Brian Burke confirming on Boston Radio that he has been talking to the B's about Kaberle, and then announcing they have traded a second round pick for a 30 year old 3rd line center whose basically the same player as their current 4th line center.

They just know how to rip out every fans heart. 

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 11:44:55 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
And ever since that game is why it sucks to be a Bruins fan.  This team has just an uncanny ability to ruin every bit of good will they build with the public.

Whether it was blowing off the trade deadline last year, or choking away a 3-0 lead (in games, and then in game 7) in the playoffs last year.

Or not showing up for 3 games in a row after that Montreal game, including an embarrasing loss to Toronto (which was a double-whammy because they own Toronto's top 5 pick this year).

Or after all kinds of smoke about a big trade going down, including Brian Burke confirming on Boston Radio that he has been talking to the B's about Kaberle, and then announcing they have traded a second round pick for a 30 year old 3rd line center whose basically the same player as their current 4th line center.

They're certainly frustrating but we've always needed a team in Boston that's ripped our hearts out, right?

The Kaberle deal would actually be a good one for the B's.  Shores up the defense.  I still think they're too thin on offense to make a real run here, though. 

They'r so inconsistent this year.  It's frustrating.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 12:28:27 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

They're certainly frustrating but we've always needed a team in Boston that's ripped our hearts out, right?

The Kaberle deal would actually be a good one for the B's.  Shores up the defense.  I still think they're too thin on offense to make a real run here, though. 

The B's really need to make the Kaberle (or equivalent) deal, PLUS get a top 6 forward.  My fear is that they are happy with Kelly to replace Savard, and are just looking for the defenseman.  That is not going to get this team over the top.

I feel pretty confident they can make the Kaberle deal, and from what Burke said, they will still have the Toronto pick.  They need to try to use that Toronto pick and some of their other assets to get a bigtime forward.  Don't think it will happen though.

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 12:30:33 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

The B's really need to make the Kaberle (or equivalent) deal, PLUS get a top 6 forward.  My fear is that they are happy with Kelly to replace Savard, and are just looking for the defenseman.  That is not going to get this team over the top.

I feel pretty confident they can make the Kaberle deal, and from what Burke said, they will still have the Toronto pick.  They need to try to use that Toronto pick and some of their other assets to get a bigtime forward.  Don't think it will happen though.

Totally agree.  If they make the Kaberle deal AND get that forward, then you're talking serious Cup contender.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 12:39:04 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
give me Nash or give me Iginla.

This team needs an alpha-dog scorer.  They are knee deep in talent but what they lack is someone willing to just get it done offensively.  You can't count on Krechi/Lucic/Ryder/Bergeron to come with it EVERY NIGHT.

Package that first round pick with Wheeler and Caron and go get Nash.  Even if it takes Krechi and a 1st i'd still consider it.

The time is NOW to make that push that we haven't ever seen here.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 12:49:36 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
give me Nash or give me Iginla.

This team needs an alpha-dog scorer.  They are knee deep in talent but what they lack is someone willing to just get it done offensively.  You can't count on Krechi/Lucic/Ryder/Bergeron to come with it EVERY NIGHT.

Package that first round pick with Wheeler and Caron and go get Nash.  Even if it takes Krechi and a 1st i'd still consider it.

The time is NOW to make that push that we haven't ever seen here.

Yeah, I would do Kreicji and the Toronto pick for Nash in a second. 

Iginla, I would give up either Kreijci (how do you spell his name???) or the pick. 

Richards also would be a great target (although he would be a rental) if Dallas decides to sell. 

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 03:07:35 AM »

Offline Malik

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1
Its a wonderful game . i like it because i love to run and in this game you have to run to make a goal of your competitors .I have very good speed in running so i also play it .