Author Topic: The History Channel  (Read 14459 times)

Re: The History Channel
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 09:58:42 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
So today is the 100th anniversary of WW1. So what does the history channel show and H2?  Ice Road Truckers and Ancient Aliens.

I just can't follow this channel anymore. I'm done with them

What took you so long? ;D  Memorial Day used to feature a marathon of Band of Brothers, in addition to other features and documentaries (usually about D-Day).  Now?  It's an entire day devoted to Pawn Stars, because when I think of history, oh yeah, I think of Pawn Stars (sarcasm). ::)  I'm a history buff, so don't get me started on this subject, haha.

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2014, 10:08:24 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
There may be a lot of good programming, but I have only watched Pawn Stars and Vikings.  I love both.

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2014, 10:10:21 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
So today is the 100th anniversary of WW1. So what does the history channel show and H2?  Ice Road Truckers and Ancient Aliens.

should've given up on the channel when it's main audiences are red necks/retards

Please refrain from using that word.  Thank you.

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2014, 10:17:36 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

The major change began when they came under new management.  Ugh.  Aside from the odd, "American Eats Week," the history channel used to be about, well, history.  Not so much now, it's more reality tv crap that has nothing to do with history.  Modern Marvels ran out of subject matter at least 5 years ago.  I especially enjoy the episodes like, "Modern Marvels - Doors (sarcasm)."  Ugh.  American Pickers?  That show is nothing more than Pawn Stars (another show that I absolutely hate) combined with Hoarders, and then you've got the really bizarre shows, like Jurassic Fight Club.  Wait, what?  Even half the stuff on Ancient Aliens is crap, and I like that show, for the most part.  The whole network just flat out blows.  Period.

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2014, 10:22:04 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

The major change began when they came under new management.  Ugh.  Aside from the odd, "American Eats Week," the history channel used to be about, well, history.  Not so much now, it's more reality tv crap that has nothing to do with history.  Modern Marvels ran out of subject matter at least 5 years ago.  I especially enjoy the episodes like, "Modern Marvels - Doors (sarcasm)."  Ugh.  American Pickers?  That show is nothing more than Pawn Stars (another show that I absolutely hate) combined with Hoarders, and then you've got the really bizarre shows, like Jurassic Fight Club.  Wait, what?  Even half the stuff on Ancient Aliens is crap, and I like that show, for the most part.  The whole network just flat out blows.  Period.
Doors. Not modern. Not a marvel.

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2014, 10:25:48 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Doors. Not modern. Not a marvel.

My personal favorite is water ::)  Like you said, it's neither modern, nor a marvel.  Unbelievable.

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2014, 10:26:23 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
There may be a lot of good programming, but I have only watched Pawn Stars and Vikings.  I love both.

Stop.

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2014, 10:27:35 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Didn't 'The Bible' cast a guy who looked like Obama as the devil?

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2014, 10:40:07 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

What took you so long? ;D  Memorial Day used to feature a marathon of Band of Brothers, in addition to other features and documentaries (usually about D-Day).  Now?  It's an entire day devoted to Pawn Stars, because when I think of history, oh yeah, I think of Pawn Stars (sarcasm). ::)  I'm a history buff, so don't get me started on this subject, haha.

Okay history lovers, here's your lesson for today.  You probably already know this but it's still a good read.

http://www.salon.com/2014/01/06/world_war_i_never_ended_partner/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2014, 10:43:37 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64

I like the American Restoration though...
still about "historic" items ;)
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 10:50:54 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

yes, yes they did

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I like the American Restoration though...
still about "historic" items ;)

Really?  Isn't it just fixing old stuff?  I thought that that was the job of This Old House? ;)  Now that I think about it, it's almost like they put a camera in the garage of the car-enthused 'weekend warriors.'  Oh yeah, they're out of ideas.  Why even think of making an american top gear?  Just, stop.  You can't top the original, so please, for your sake, stop embarrassing yourselves ;D

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 10:57:20 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

yes, yes they did

Insert facepalm here.