Author Topic: The Weather Thread  (Read 30413 times)

Re: The Weather Thread
« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2012, 08:18:26 PM »

Offline D Dub

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 75

« Reply #226 on: October 29, 2012, 09:09:23 PM »

Offline Valentines_at_Popeyes

• Brandan Wright
  • Tommy Points: 35
On Wednesday I spent 800 dollars on auto repairs.  Today a 50 ft. tall pine tree crashed down and landed 6 inches from my car.  Six inches.  The branches of the tree were daintily suspended over my windshield drenching it in needles and sap. 
Thankfully and almost miraculously there was no damage to the body.

I think Lakers fans could hear my exhaling and sigh of relief on the other coast.  This was a major break and I am grateful.

« Reply #227 on: October 30, 2012, 04:58:17 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 3526
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
    • Bahku Music
Lost power for just a few seconds last night at the height of the wind gusts, (Southern Maine), but still fine as far as that goes this morning. Will know more about damages when it gets light, but it looks minor at this point.
2010 PAPOUG - 2012 PAPTYG Champ - HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #228 on: November 04, 2012, 06:04:55 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2241
I hate daylight savings time.  Hated it worse when I lived in New England.  It is now 6:00 p.m., EST...and  dark out already...just enough light to see where you are going, but not enough to tell what you are doing.  I like sun...as much and as late as possible. 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #229 on: November 05, 2012, 03:08:16 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 2046
Supposedly a big Nor'easter with winds in excess of 50MPH and 2-4 inches of rain with heavy snow in the mountains is in store for the middle and end of this week.

Apparently the areas expected to be hardest hit will be those areas hardest hit by Sandy.

My heart goes out to those still trying to get on their feet from Sandy that will now have to go through another big, tough, strong storm.

« Reply #230 on: December 22, 2012, 06:25:42 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
brrrrr, Winter in Florida.  58 degrees right now...never got above 60.  I had to pile through  stored clothes to find a couple Christmas sweatshirts and sweaters so I wouldn't have to spend the day under the covers.   :-\

It is ok...company coming after Christmas  and new tenants moving in...good cleaning weather!  ;)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #231 on: December 22, 2012, 06:30:59 PM »

Offline Kiorrik

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1075
  • pɹɐnƃ ʇuıod
    • AboutaDirk.com
80+ here ;)

Time for a dip in the pool actually!

« Reply #232 on: December 22, 2012, 07:00:06 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
80+ here ;)

My family is coming from New England...I think they are having a snow storm and a White Christmas up there this year.  It will probably be warm next week and I know they will think it is a heavanly change from New Hampshire, anyway.  No boots or snow shovels needed here.  (And for the really hardy, the pool is heated,  ;) )
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #233 on: December 22, 2012, 08:21:27 PM »

Offline Kiorrik

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1075
  • pɹɐnƃ ʇuıod
    • AboutaDirk.com
80+ here ;)

My family is coming from New England...I think they are having a snow storm and a White Christmas up there this year.  It will probably be warm next week and I know they will think it is a heavanly change from New Hampshire, anyway.  No boots or snow shovels needed here.  (And for the really hardy, the pool is heated,  ;) )
Ugh, I actually miss white Christmases. This whole 80+ degrees thing has me totally not in the mood for it.

« Reply #234 on: December 22, 2012, 08:28:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 561
80+ here ;)

Not unless it's somewhere up in VT or something. Boston has been all wind, cold, and snow so far.
Managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

« Reply #235 on: December 22, 2012, 08:32:21 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 838
80+ here ;)

Not unless it's somewhere up in VT or something. Boston has been all wind, cold, and snow so far.

I'm in VT right now, and it's looking like Studio 54 up in here. ;D
Quote from: Mark Cuban
The thing about dealing with the media in this business is that they thrive on rumors and get bored with reality.

« Reply #236 on: December 22, 2012, 08:59:29 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 3526
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
    • Bahku Music
80+ here ;)

Near Portland, ME ... we had about five inches a couple of weeks ago, then rain washed it away, another five-or-so a few days ago, then an inch two nights ago, but it's all gone again, and we're looking at a green Christmas right now. :(
2010 PAPOUG - 2012 PAPTYG Champ - HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #237 on: December 22, 2012, 09:05:08 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1153
Some pretty raw, windy, end-of-days type weather here in Providence.

It snowed for a couple of minutes earlier today.  Just a few little, surprise flakes that hit my daughter and I as we were walking through the Stop and Shop parking lot.

Very Christmas spirity.   
Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers  DKC General Manager

Dennis Schroeder/Ray McCallum
Tyreke Evans/Jeremy Lamb/R. Ledo
Giannis Antetokounpo/Darrell Arthur/V. Claver
Kelly Olynyk/Nerlens Noel/C. Jefferson
Timofey Mozgov/B. Wright/A. Nicholson

« Reply #238 on: December 22, 2012, 09:07:29 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 838
80+ here ;)

Near Portland, ME ... we had about five inches a couple of weeks ago, then rain washed it away, another five-or-so a few days ago, then an inch two nights ago, but it's all gone again, and we're looking at a green Christmas right now. :(

Gross. I'll be in Portland for Christmas, hopefully there's some snow while I'm home.
Quote from: Mark Cuban
The thing about dealing with the media in this business is that they thrive on rumors and get bored with reality.

« Reply #239 on: February 06, 2013, 11:36:09 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 564
  • Historical Draft Best Overall/Best Defensive team
For those in the boston Area, WBZ is currently predicting 1-2 feet of snow on Friday.  Buckle up!

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.