Author Topic: The Weather Thread  (Read 84680 times)

Re: The Weather Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2011, 11:38:39 PM »

Offline Kiorrik

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1082
  • pɹɐnƃ ʇuıod
    • AboutaDirk.com
I know, I know, it's nothing to complain about since we can still play basketball outdoor: it's cold here in Sydney.

Cold as in: at night, I need extra blankets (which we don't have) so for the first time in about 20 years, I sleep with pyjamas on. Ridiculous.

Thank you for your concern.

;)

« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2011, 12:11:53 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
it's scheduled to rain alllll week here in Boston...I have Red Sox tickets thursday, not super jazzed
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2011, 08:49:32 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2547
We arrived in NH from Florida a week ago.  Two days of the weather were beautiful...70s and sunny.  The rest...50s and rain!  Today is 53 and overcast!   Come on...it is supposed to be Summer!  All I brought were summer clothes!  Brrrrrr
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2011, 09:33:51 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
We are leaving NH for Florida on Sunday morning.  I have been wearing a jacket or rain coat for most of our visit.  End of June, but with  March/April weather.  I know people  talk about global warming, but I have my own non-scientific theory.  I think the earth has tilted on its axis or maybe the magnetic poles have shifted and the seasons are just a little askew because of it.  When I was a kid, I remember people keeling over at the Memorial Day parades because it was sooo hot!

This week they were having the NH Sand Sculpture contest...part of the World competition.  Judging is tomorrow.  It has been so rainy and cold (supposed to be nice tomorrow) that I will be surprised if anyone even finished their huge sculptures.  Gonna run down tomorrow morning to check...(Money awards, so they probably did do something and in the past they have been amazingly beautiful.)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2011, 11:00:24 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
We are leaving NH for Florida on Sunday morning.  I have been wearing a jacket or rain coat for most of our visit.  End of June, but with  March/April weather.  I know people  talk about global warming, but I have my own non-scientific theory.  I think the earth has tilted on its axis or maybe the magnetic poles have shifted and the seasons are just a little askew because of it.  When I was a kid, I remember people keeling over at the Memorial Day parades because it was sooo hot!

This week they were having the NH Sand Sculpture contest...part of the World competition.  Judging is tomorrow.  It has been so rainy and cold (supposed to be nice tomorrow) that I will be surprised if anyone even finished their huge sculptures.  Gonna run down tomorrow morning to check...(Money awards, so they probably did do something and in the past they have been amazingly beautiful.)

Ugh enjoy the Florida heat when you get back.  I have to take it in the last week of August when I go back to school.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2011, 06:07:11 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson

Ugh enjoy the Florida heat when you get back.  I have to take it in the last week of August when I go back to school.
ha ha ha, Mike-Dub, I am not yet one of those little old ladies in Florida you see wearing mittens and knit hat when the temperature reaches 60 degrees...but, I am heading in that direction....
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2011, 05:05:54 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Just got back to FL from NH. Lightening strike had knocked out our refrigerator....food spoiled (meat, ice cream, frozen fruit, fish all in a thawed, melted slimy mess in the freezer.  Grabbed some garbage bags and started throwing everything out, mopping up the mess as best as we could, then tossing salad dressings, ketchup and everything that was left in the fridge...fortunately the fridge was semi empty.  Ran to the appliance store...new fridge will be delivered tomorrow. 

I love Florida, but I really could have done with out this. 

Friend of my husband checked the condo for us when we were gone.   He must have olfactory deficiencies!  (Wish I did...)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2011, 05:11:13 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3593
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
    • Bahku Music
Just got back to FL from NH. Lightening strike had knocked out our refrigerator....food spoiled (meat, ice cream, frozen fruit, fish all in a thawed, melted slimy mess in the freezer.  Grabbed some garbage bags and started throwing everything out, mopping up the mess as best as we could, then tossing salad dressings, ketchup and everything that was left in the fridge...fortunately the fridge was semi empty.  Ran to the appliance store...new fridge will be delivered tomorrow. 

I love Florida, but I really could have done with out this. 

Friend of my husband checked the condo for us when we were gone.   He must have olfactory deficiencies!  (Wish I did...)

Sorry you returned to such a mess, TB ... I know that smell all too well, there's nothing like it. I hope your drive was a good one ... last time I took 95 to Florida was in the winter, and I hit an ice storm around D.C., but I always leave Maine around 5PM and drive through the night, so I miss all the big cities before sunrise, and the traffic is awesome in the wee hours. Glad you're home safely, though, despite the ugly welcome. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2011, 05:44:41 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
 After almost 15 years in Florida, my transformation seems to be complete.  The 90+ temperatures feel warm and comforting instead of draining and sticky.  Now the rainy season has arrived.  It started raining yesterday (with intermittant  thunder crashing) and is still raining now.  Rainy season means days long deluge, flooded streets, and absolutely 0 visibility!  Rain, during the rest of the year means 1/2 hour of rain then clearing to sunshine.

Whatever....I still don't have to shovel it (or pay heating bills).
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2011, 06:01:23 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2480
After almost 15 years in Florida, my transformation seems to be complete.  The 90+ temperatures feel warm and comforting instead of draining and sticky.  Now the rainy season has arrived.  It started raining yesterday (with intermittant  thunder crashing) and is still raining now.  Rainy season means days long deluge, flooded streets, and absolutely 0 visibility!  Rain, during the rest of the year means 1/2 hour of rain then clearing to sunshine.

11 more months and I will be joining you.....YEAH!!!!!

« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2011, 06:06:05 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson

Let me know when, Nick. Would love to meet you.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2011, 06:09:43 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2480

Let me know when, Nick. Would love to meet you.
You know it TB.

« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2011, 06:12:48 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102

Just the A/C bill!!!
I would rather be paying for A/C!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2011, 06:51:16 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
After almost 15 years in Florida, my transformation seems to be complete.  The 90+ temperatures feel warm and comforting instead of draining and sticky.  Now the rainy season has arrived.  It started raining yesterday (with intermittant  thunder crashing) and is still raining now.  Rainy season means days long deluge, flooded streets, and absolutely 0 visibility!  Rain, during the rest of the year means 1/2 hour of rain then clearing to sunshine.

Just the A/C bill!!!
I would rather be paying for A/C!
I thought someone would bring that up.  I have a 1400 sq. ft. condo...two bedrooms, two baths, two tvs, dish washer, two computers, reverse ac/heat...all electric, and my electric bill is right around $100/month, less in mild months.  Seems pretty reasonable to me.  Of course, some building are better built and more cost effective than others, so it may not be the same everywhere down here...(
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2011, 06:58:37 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Oh, I forgot to mention that my air conditioner is 38 years old!!!! Yes, 38 years old and still working!  Not exactly what could be considered "energy efficient".  We recently redid the condo, and will replace the AC as soon as it dies, ha ha ha.  Should knock about $20/month off the electric bill!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...