Author Topic: The Weather Thread  (Read 102725 times)

Re: The Weather Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2011, 12:27:52 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Global Moderator
  • Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 444
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Nothing but sun here in Italia.

Under tuscany sun.. nice

p.s. Are you for england ( youre in Italy) yet u use a hotspur avatar? sorry for the question??
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2011, 01:48:11 PM »

Offline Scott

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 108
Nothing but sun here in Italia.

Under tuscany sun.. nice

p.s. Are you for england ( youre in Italy) yet u use a hotspur avatar? sorry for the question??

No worries.

Born and raised in England (with 4 years in the States), returned to States when I was 19 and joined the military (as a forecaster no less), and I am currently stationed in Italy.  All of my family is still in the UK, split between England and Wales.

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2011, 01:56:42 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 145
I just arrived from Rio de Janeiro yesterday. I was there visiting family and stuff and it was so great! Sleeping on my boxers because its so hot, sweating uncontrollably throughout the day and night, everything was great. The best, all throughout the time, I kept seeing emails from my supervisors about classes being cancelled due to the weather and the biggest smile on my face. Then I arrive yesterday and all flights to Boston are cancelled. After visiting half of the airports in the East Coast and many bumpy rides later, I arrive in Boston to find my car buried in snow and ice. It took me 2 hours to get the snow off, my car running and all after all the ice. I cant believe how cold it is. In the course of 48 hours I have been coming from the extreme hot to extreme cold. It's crazy. It was a good break, but now back to reality...  :(
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2011, 02:00:32 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2557
I just arrived from Rio de Janeiro yesterday. I was there visiting family and stuff and it was so great! Sleeping on my boxers because its so hot, sweating uncontrollably throughout the day and night, everything was great. The best, all throughout the time, I kept seeing emails from my supervisors about classes being cancelled due to the weather and the biggest smile on my face. Then I arrive yesterday and all flights to Boston are cancelled. After visiting half of the airports in the East Coast and many bumpy rides later, I arrive in Boston to find my car buried in snow and ice. It took me 2 hours to get the snow off, my car running and all after all the ice. I cant believe how cold it is. In the course of 48 hours I have been coming from the extreme hot to extreme cold. It's crazy. It was a good break, but now back to reality...  :(
That sounds horrible!  Unfortunately, the best I can offer is this TP to help you through your readjustment.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2011, 12:27:44 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2291
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Yesterday's snow was the worst yet.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2011, 12:30:51 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 5404
  • Yup ya do
Sunny and 40 degrees on Cape Cod.  We had thunder showers last night that washed away the last of our snow.

2017 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2011, 12:38:51 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
64 now and overcast again, but nice.  Predicted showers and/or thunderstorms today and tomorrow.  Rain in Florida is not like rain in New England.  Rain here lasts about an hour, the streets are dry within half an hour after it stops and the sun usually comes out.  Rain is also not that cold, pelting rain.  If there is no thunder, it is even pleasant to walk in!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2011, 12:45:22 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Global Moderator
  • Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 444
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
San Salvador

Currently: 82F

Mostly Sunny
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2011, 02:17:55 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
77 here today,  but breezy and feels a little cooler. Mostly sunny, but clouds over occasionally. I have finally decoded "weather speak"!   Scattered Showers mean somewhere else.  Isolatated showers...direct hit!   ;)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2011, 08:38:25 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Spring has returned to Florida.  It has been in the high 70s to low 80s this week.  Right now it is 70 and I am experiencing isolated showers (otherwise known as a direct hit).  Picked a few grapefruit and some oranges yesterday.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2011, 08:42:28 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Heavy, heavy rains and a gazillion lightening strikes have tossed our plans to go to Port Charlotte for the Red Sox/Rays game today into the rubbish bin!  If you have ever experienced good Florida thunder storm, you know how extreme (and how scary dangerous) they can be.    :-[
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2011, 03:21:56 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Heavy, heavy rains and a gazillion lightening strikes have tossed our plans to go to Port Charlotte for the Red Sox/Rays game today into the rubbish bin!  If you have ever experienced good Florida thunder storm, you know how extreme (and how scary dangerous) they can be.    :-[
Arggghhhh.  We decided not to drive down (1 1/2 hour - 2+ hour drive in the pouring rain).  Naturally, the "all day rain event" has passed over and we are missing the game!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2011, 06:11:54 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3612
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
It's WAY too early in the season for us, but we're having a severe thunderstorm right now, (6 AM, April 11) ... strange time of day for it, and still snow on the ground!!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2011, 02:15:34 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
We are having one of our splendidly noisy thunderstorms.  Lots of "crashing" and "booming" of thunder, and  everyone chased from the beaches (for safety).  It is raining  so hard that you can hardly see across the street, and wind gusts are up to 72 mph.  A half an hour ago it was 89 degrees, and the rain has dropped it to 73 right now.  My husband is out playing bridge, but should be home soon, if he doesn't drown getting to his car.  One thing about Florida...it will be over soon and the sun back out.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2011, 02:24:37 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Wow.  Storm already over here in Clearwater (moving east at 55 mph.) and is over the bridges now heading to Tampa.  The news says lots of lightening. (They say we are the lightening capitol of the world...exaggeration?  I don't know.)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...