Author Topic: The Weather Thread  (Read 102824 times)

Re: The Weather Thread
« Reply #330 on: April 30, 2014, 09:34:33 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 218
Everyone stay safe. We had a devastating tornado here in MS Monday and my mom's home town was almost totally destroyed.

« Reply #331 on: January 26, 2015, 08:31:45 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2557
to all my Blog friends in the northeast...stock up on supplies  early and don't forget a good book.  I hope you all weather the coming storm peacefully and without incident.  My Mom and my daughter still live in NH, so, although I know they are used to these blizzards, I still worry.  Stay off the roads, and stay safe.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #332 on: January 26, 2015, 09:17:10 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 369
to all my Blog friends in the northeast...stock up on supplies  early and don't forget a good book.  I hope you all weather the coming storm peacefully and without incident.  My Mom and my daughter still live in NH, so, although I know they are used to these blizzards, I still worry.  Stay off the roads, and stay safe.

thanks! Drove into work this morning, think I'm going to just work from home tomorrow

« Reply #333 on: January 26, 2015, 05:00:09 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 5153
Can't echo TB's words enough to all my family and friends and all you fellow CBers too. Get home tonight. Light a fire or cuddle up in front of the TV(hopefully the electric stays on) with a glass of wine and enjoy the night because then you gotta clear all that snow.

TB and I will be enjoying the breezy 65 degree weather here in Florida in the mean time. :P

« Reply #334 on: February 03, 2015, 08:19:47 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
To my friends and family in New England...shoveling out from this second storm may not be as easy as the first, so don't overdo it.  I heard you may get even more snow over the next couple days.  Stay safe!  Be mindful of the black ice.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #335 on: February 07, 2015, 10:17:37 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Another 1 - 3 feet of snow heading your way, New England?  Spring will smell very sweet to you this year!  Stay safe and warm...and don't overdo it on the shoveling!  (Remember, snow is a poor men's fertilizer.  I think it is probably also at least partially a refresher/cleanser of our  drinking water.)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #336 on: February 14, 2015, 06:27:09 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Worrying does no good at all.  That said, I am worried what effect this new storm will have on my family and friends in the north east.  It is supposed to be a bad one, on top of the already immense piles of snow from the last 3/4/5? Storms.  Please stay warm and safe.  Hugs and prayers.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #337 on: February 14, 2015, 07:41:09 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I live in So. Cal...it was almost 90 today---You guys be careful, the weather is crazy all over the country.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #338 on: February 14, 2015, 09:32:23 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1242
The weather has really been unbelievable here in NE.  I am about 20 miles west of Boston-- we are expecting another foot tonight/tomorrow and then yet another storm on Wednesday.  Lived here all of my 56 years and I've never seen this volume in this short a timeframe. And the frigid temps aren't making me any happier.

The one saving grace has been that because of the cold temps, the snow has been light and fluffy -- a lot easier to move than wet snow.  I've never had a snowblower -- my wife and I shovel the driveway and the deck -- and also have to sustain a path to the backyard for access to the oil tank. The walls of this path are going to be 4 feet high by tomorrow.   Unfortunately, my wife wrenched her back a little today raking the roof.  But she'll probably insist on joining me for the fun tomorrow  -- slow and steady.   35 days till spring.

« Reply #339 on: February 14, 2015, 09:48:35 PM »

Offline mef730

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
My kids are 6, the same age I was in the Blizzard of '78.  Obviously, their view of the storms is very different from mine, considering that they just get to build snowmen, sled, etc.  I remember in 1978 the snow coming up to my chin, the neighbor's dog chasing me around the yard, "helping" my father shovel snow, etc.  As the grown up now, I've seen how devastating the storm can be, but appreciate how much my parents shielded me from "the real world."  I hope my kids are able to have great memories of this winter 36 years from now.

Mike
Tickets for the 2017-18 season for sale at face value! Thread here: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=93612.0

« Reply #340 on: February 14, 2015, 10:00:42 PM »

Offline gpap

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 256
This weather and this winter blows!!!

I HATE this weather

« Reply #341 on: February 14, 2015, 10:12:10 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 5408
  • Yup ya do
We're supposed to get hit the hardest this time around here on Cape Cod.  Wind's are going to get ugly.

2017 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #342 on: February 14, 2015, 10:25:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1477
  • bammokja
We're supposed to get hit the hardest this time around here on Cape Cod.  Wind's are going to get ugly.
geez, good luck redz. the cape is really vulnerable to the weather. i havent lived in the NE for a long time, but i am following this blizzard since i have a good friend at Umass Boston. incredible. you have my sympathy.

here in minnesota is cold, cold, cold...but we have next to no snow. i dont mind cold since you dont have to shovel it. i grew up in syracuse, ny so my standard of heavy snow is a bit skewed.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #343 on: February 15, 2015, 08:41:01 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
TV just showed a weather ma hooting and hollering in the blizzard and thunder snow in Plymouth,MA.  We lived in Plymouth before we retired to Florida...heated our large raised ranch with a wood stove BECAUSE every time the wind reached 70 mph oe the snow hit a depth of 6 inches we lost electricity!  I hope condition have changed since we left...
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #344 on: February 15, 2015, 09:00:47 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 86
TV just showed a weather ma hooting and hollering in the blizzard and thunder snow in Plymouth,MA.  We lived in Plymouth before we retired to Florida...heated our large raised ranch with a wood stove BECAUSE every time the wind reached 70 mph oe the snow hit a depth of 6 inches we lost electricity!  I hope condition have changed since we left...

That was Jim Cantore.  I think this one has pushed him past his limit, he's acting a little nuts.
While the early bird catches the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese!