Author Topic: Who wins Pats or Steelers.  (Read 5577 times)

Who wins Pats or Steelers.
« on: January 24, 2011, 01:19:25 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If we somehow came out who thinks we would have beat the Steelers who we always seem to beat.

By the way Rex Ryan stops talking and the Jets are out.

Kenny Mayne was right.

Re: Who wins Pats or Steelers.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 09:44:53 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I'm not sure.  Pitt is playing like they are the best team in football.  Ben Roetlisberger would have lit us up.  The guys a jerk, but right now, he's on Tom Brady's level.
do it

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 09:52:21 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I'm not sure.  Pitt is playing like they are the best team in football.  Ben Roetlisberger would have lit us up.  The guys a jerk, but right now, he's on Tom Brady's level.
What was his QB rating in the Jets game?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 02:45:03 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
I'm not sure.  Pitt is playing like they are the best team in football.  Ben Roetlisberger would have lit us up.  The guys a jerk, but right now, he's on Tom Brady's level.

QB rating didn't bother me that much.  He accounted for a TD and threw 2 picks.  Who cares, he won.  That's been the pats philosophy for years.  Just enough to get by.  That was also against the #3 defense in the league.  Our defense was not that good.  He kept plays alive with his feet against the Jets, something Tom Brady could not do.  He only sacked twice in comparison to Brady's 5 times.
do it

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 04:06:00 PM »

Offline 17wasEZ

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39

QB rating didn't bother me that much.  He accounted for a TD and threw 2 picks.  Who cares, he won.  That's been the pats philosophy for years.  Just enough to get by.  That was also against the #3 defense in the league.  Our defense was not that good.  He kept plays alive with his feet against the Jets, something Tom Brady could not do.  He only sacked twice in comparison to Brady's 5 times.

True, the Pats sometimes did do just enough to get by.  Their 3 Super Bowl wins were by 3 points each, weren't they?
We all think we know more than we really do....

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 04:11:07 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

True, the Pats sometimes did do just enough to get by.  Their 3 Super Bowl wins were by 3 points each, weren't they?

I just dont think you can say a guy that completed 10 passes and had a 33 QB rating is at the elite level.  He's good dont get me wrong but not elite. 

Right now I would say you have to go

1.Brady
2.Manning
3.Rodgers
4.Brees
5. Rivers
6. Big Ben

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 04:57:39 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
Patriots probably would've gotten by the Steelers.  Brady has always had their number and they know it.  Plus, it would've been in Gilette.

However, my gut tells me that they would've probably lost in the Super Bowl to Green Bay.

I see Green Bay taking down the Steelers a week from Sunday. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 05:41:26 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Steelers.  Defense wins in most sports and Steelers were #3 defense, while the Patriots was 25.  That's a huge gap.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 05:50:24 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Patriots probably would've gotten by the Steelers.  Brady has always had their number and they know it.  Plus, it would've been in Gilette.

However, my gut tells me that they would've probably lost in the Super Bowl to Green Bay.

I see Green Bay taking down the Steelers a week from Sunday. 

I think the reasoning here is that you look at a guy like Belichick and he goes into every game and tries to take away what the other teams offense does best.

The Pitt defense knows what they do well and do it against every opponent for the most part with little variation.  Brady tears up their cover 2

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 11:35:04 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell

I just dont think you can say a guy that completed 10 passes and had a 33 QB rating is at the elite level.  He's good dont get me wrong but not elite. 

Right now I would say you have to go

1.Brady
2.Manning
3.Rodgers
4.Brees
5. Rivers
6. Big Ben

You can't judge him on 1 game though.  Tom Brady had a Qb rating of 69.5 against Baltimore, Ben had a QB rating of 101.8 in his playoff game against Baltimore.  One game doesn't mean anything.  In Boston, we've always judged things on rings.  Big Ben has 2 and has a chance at 3.  He's doing what he has to do.  His career QB rating is also good for 8th ALL TIME. 
do it

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 11:38:39 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!
steeler's gon steal it...

i really deep down inside thought chi town was gonna win..

maybe the malt took over my thinking..o well

sippin~