Author Topic: Coming Attractions! (Movies/TV)  (Read 18492 times)

Re: Coming Attractions! (Movies/TV)
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2012, 04:33:05 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Wait, Prometheus is *not* set in the Alien universe, right?
Wikipedia'd it :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus_%28film%29
Quote from: Wikipedia
The film began development in the early 2000s as a fifth entry in the Alien franchise, with both Scott and director James Cameron developing ideas for a film that would serve as a prequel to Scott's 1979 science-fiction horror film Alien. By 2003, the project was sidelined by the development of Alien vs. Predator, and remained dormant until 2009 when Scott again showed interest. A script by Spaihts acted as a prequel to the events of the Alien films, but Scott opted for a different direction to avoid repeating cues from the earlier films. In late 2010, he brought Lindelof onto the project to rewrite Spaihts' script, and together they developed a separate story that precedes the events of Alien but is not directly connected to that franchise. According to Scott, though the film shares "strands of Alien's DNA, so to speak", and takes place in the same universe, Prometheus will explore its own mythology and ideas.
So is it Alien Univers? It was, then it wasn't, but it is.

:) Nice.
Yeah, I had read similar, K, but this is clearly the same Universe, as they return to the original planet and spceship, etc. - I guess they tried but found it nearly impossible to stay away from the well-defined pretense of the series. Still looks pretty awesome ... and Charlize doesn't hurt. ;)

Here's another:

The Walking Dead meets the Civil War:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DExlXcU20U&feature=related

Looks good.

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2012, 05:22:34 AM »

Kiorrik

What I'm hoping for with Spidey, is two things:

1) The wise-cracks, LOTS of 'm (also sets 'm up as a perfect addition to the Avengers)
It's too bad Spidey can't be in the Avengers.  If you didn't already know this... Sony owns the movie rights to Spider-man so they aren't allowed any cameos or references between the characters owned by Marvel Studios and characters owned by Sony.  That just pertains specifically to movie rights... not comics and cartoons and such.  I remember in one of the Marvel movies (I think Edward Norton's Incredible Hulk) the director wanted to do a little tiny fanboy callout that referenced Peter Parker.  I think he wanted to show Parker's high school or something.  Nothing more than that... but it wasn't allowed.  Hold up... lemme google that.

... Ok back.  Here: 
http://www.thebadandugly.com/2008/06/12/louis-leterrier-is-fantasy-cameo-happy/ 

“The University at the end [where Banner meets with Samuel Sterns] is Columbia University. Columbia University in the Marvel world, especially in the ‘Spider Man’ world, is Empire State University,” the director explained. “I wanted some kind of shot where you’re like, ‘Oh my god. Is that Peter Parker?’ That would have been fun!”
Unfortunately for Leterrier, crossovers begin and end with the properties Marvel has total control of – no matter how hard you ask. And “Spider-Man” all its many names, places, and stories therein, belong to Sony. But while he quickly realized that he wouldn’t be able to get Tobey Maguire (no matter how much he wanted to), Leterrier thought a compromise could be reached. No dice, he sighed.
“I just wanted to call it Empire University – to treat it like a coherent world,” he recalled. “And Sony, who has the rights to Spidey, didn’t want us to do that. It was a small thing but something we couldn’t do.”
Still, Leterrier is such a fan of comics, and the new combined Marvel universe in particular, he’s already jealous of the director who one day, he knows, will get to do what he couldn’t.
“Marvel is pretty good at doing their own movies and so eventually the studios will allow them to chaperone the production of [all of them],” he said. “Years from now you’ll see Peter Parker meeting Bruce Banner.”

... I was right.  It was the Incredible Hulk movie.  Too bad.
Wow. That's incredible carp.

Stuff like that makes me angry at the big bad corporate world tbh.

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2012, 08:38:01 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546

What I'm hoping for with Spidey, is two things:

1) The wise-cracks, LOTS of 'm (also sets 'm up as a perfect addition to the Avengers)
It's too bad Spidey can't be in the Avengers.  If you didn't already know this... Sony owns the movie rights to Spider-man so they aren't allowed any cameos or references between the characters owned by Marvel Studios and characters owned by Sony.  That just pertains specifically to movie rights... not comics and cartoons and such.  I remember in one of the Marvel movies (I think Edward Norton's Incredible Hulk) the director wanted to do a little tiny fanboy callout that referenced Peter Parker.  I think he wanted to show Parker's high school or something.  Nothing more than that... but it wasn't allowed.  Hold up... lemme google that.

... Ok back.  Here: 
http://www.thebadandugly.com/2008/06/12/louis-leterrier-is-fantasy-cameo-happy/ 

“The University at the end [where Banner meets with Samuel Sterns] is Columbia University. Columbia University in the Marvel world, especially in the ‘Spider Man’ world, is Empire State University,” the director explained. “I wanted some kind of shot where you’re like, ‘Oh my god. Is that Peter Parker?’ That would have been fun!”
Unfortunately for Leterrier, crossovers begin and end with the properties Marvel has total control of – no matter how hard you ask. And “Spider-Man” all its many names, places, and stories therein, belong to Sony. But while he quickly realized that he wouldn’t be able to get Tobey Maguire (no matter how much he wanted to), Leterrier thought a compromise could be reached. No dice, he sighed.
“I just wanted to call it Empire University – to treat it like a coherent world,” he recalled. “And Sony, who has the rights to Spidey, didn’t want us to do that. It was a small thing but something we couldn’t do.”
Still, Leterrier is such a fan of comics, and the new combined Marvel universe in particular, he’s already jealous of the director who one day, he knows, will get to do what he couldn’t.
“Marvel is pretty good at doing their own movies and so eventually the studios will allow them to chaperone the production of [all of them],” he said. “Years from now you’ll see Peter Parker meeting Bruce Banner.”

... I was right.  It was the Incredible Hulk movie.  Too bad.
Wow. That's incredible carp.

Stuff like that makes me angry at the big bad corporate world tbh.
Yep.  No Spider-man.  Also no Wolverine for the same reason. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I've known about this for the last 4 years, but this is the first time I've seen a legit trailer for it.  Wow, can't wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7l3okIqnCg

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class