Author Topic: Time to trade Brady?  (Read 79604 times)

Time to trade Brady?
« on: January 17, 2011, 10:39:02 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Think about it.

The man is like 33 with a major injury behind him and he's clearly distracted by a supermodel wife and celebrity. And the Jets are in his head.

How many times do I have to watch him get outplayed by Mark Sanchez, because I don't think I can handle it in the playoffs again.

You got to start to be curious how much we can get for him.

I think if Belichek really believes that anyone is replaceable and considering this team won 11 games with Matt Cassell in his first year as a starer then you have to at least start thinking about this.

I'm not saying actually do it. Just try to figure out the market and test it out. Make it highly known you are highly distressed by this non-performance.

Also in an unrelated development almost every time I type "Sanchez" the computer wants me to type Snachez

Re: Time to trade Brady?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:41:08 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Think about it.

The man is like 33 with a major injury behind him and he's clearly distracted by a supermodel wife and celebrity. And the Jets are in his head.

How many times do I have to watch him get outplayed by Mark Sanchez, because I don't think I can handle it in the playoffs again.

I think if Belichek really believes that anyone is replaceable and considering this team won 11 games with Matt Cassell in his first year as a starer then you have to at least start thinking about this.

I'm not saying actually do it. Just try to figure out the market and test it out. Make it highly known you are highly distressed by this non-performance.

Also in an unrelated development almost every time I type "Sanchez" the computer wants me to type Snachez

Oh dear lord no.  He is coming off an MVP season and arguably the best season of his career and was just signed to an extension. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:43:12 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Best season of his career? I totally disagree.

And if Sanchez does win the Super Bowl then I'd have to say Sanchez passes Brady as the better quarterback. 

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:44:20 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Think about it.

Oh dear lord no.  He is coming off an MVP season and arguably the best season of his career and was just signed to an extension. 

Im not a Pats fan but there is no way that is no way that I would trade Brady for anybody at this moment.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 10:45:39 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Think about it.

Wow Brady is an MVP caliber player year after year. Thats like saying lets trade Lebron James because he lost to a superior team.

Defense wins championships and while the Pats defense is very fast, they are very young . It take veterans to win in football. The Pats need a few more pro bowlers on their Defense to be real contenders . The defense sets up everything .

Brady didn't play great , but there were at least 3 or 4 huge dropped passes that cost the Pats points.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 10:47:10 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Lemme guess, I suppose you want to trade Rondo, Garnett, Pierce, and Ray Allen and build a new Celtics team around Glen Davis.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 10:48:07 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Lemme guess, I suppose you want to trade Rondo, Garnett, Pierce, and Ray Allen and build a new Celtics team around Glen Davis.
Perhaps if they get totally totally outplayed by a younger team and Glen Davis is the only one that shows up and they go as many years between rings as the Pats have.
At that point I'd have to think about it

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 10:50:56 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Brady may be on the cusp of leaving his prime, but he still gives the Pats their best chance to win, and probably will for the next 4 to 6 years.  I can't think of a deal I'd do if I were the Pats.  

I guess Manning + Freeney, or Rodgers + Matthews, or maybe even Schaub + Williams would get my attention.  However, barring a deal for a Pro Bowl QB and an All Pro defensive player (deals that won't be realistically offered), this is a non-starter.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 10:51:24 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
  I'd hazard a guess that the market for Brady would be pretty good.

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 10:51:31 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup

And if Sanchez does win the Super Bowl then I'd have to say Sanchez passes Brady as the better quarterback.  

That's just plain silly.  That would also rank Sanchez over Brees, Manning and any other QB who doesn't win the Super Bowl.  Only one team wins every year.  
Yup

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 10:52:46 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

That's just plain silly.  That would also rank Snachez of Brees, Manning and any other QB who doesn't win the Super Bowl.  Only one team wins every year. 

I'm looking forward to Jay Cutler, best QB in football.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 10:53:24 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
 I'd hazard a guess that the market for Brady would be pretty good.
That is one of my only two points. The other point is if we never ask we'll never find out

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 10:54:53 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

That's just plain silly.  That would also rank Snachez of Brees, Manning and any other QB who doesn't win the Super Bowl.  Only one team wins every year. 
Right. The QB that went on the road and outplayed every other QB on their turf and then won the Super Bowl would have to be considered the best QB in football. Exactly. Kinda like when Brady did it and Montana did it people started to consider them the best QBs in football.

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 10:56:30 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

That's just plain silly.  That would also rank Snachez of Brees, Manning and any other QB who doesn't win the Super Bowl.  Only one team wins every year.  
Right. The QB that went on the road and outplayed every other QB on their turf and then won the Super Bowl would have to be considered the best QB in football. Exactly. Kinda like when Brady did it and Montana did it people started to consider them the best QBs in football.

Yea and that has nothing to do with the Jets having a great defense and the teams they play having young inexperienced defenses right?

The Patriots are soooooo young on defense , it's called growing pains.

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 10:57:36 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup

That's just plain silly.  That would also rank Snachez of Brees, Manning and any other QB who doesn't win the Super Bowl.  Only one team wins every year.  

If your point is that we tend to give too much credit to the QB, then point taken.  But Sancheez hasn't even made it to a Super Bowl yet.  He outplayed Brady yesterday.  Does thatt make him Joe Montana?  
Yup