Author Topic: Bradley decent night for Red Claws  (Read 21541 times)

Bradley decent night for Red Claws
« on: January 15, 2011, 01:20:33 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20110114/ERIMNE/gameinfo.html

11 pts, 6 assists, 2 TOs, 2 steals, 3-10 from the field, 5-5 from the line in 21+ minutes.

Re: Bradley decent night for Red Claws
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 01:24:47 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Nice....he needs some more games before he can come back and contribute something meaningful.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 01:27:04 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
From the box score, it looks like Bradley was used as a backup combo guard and spent half his time at the point and half his time at the two spot ... playing behind the great Mario West and a Jamar Smith (who I have never heard of).

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 01:29:13 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
From the box score, it looks like Bradley was used as a backup combo guard and spent half his time at the point and half his time at the two spot ... playing behind the great Mario West and a Jamar Smith (who I have never heard of).

I think Sherrod Blakely had mentioned this on twitter...Bradley will be playing both positions during his tenure in the D league. Celtics ofcourse view him as a back up PG.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 03:12:24 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Good to see the 5-5 from the line - that's one thing he needs to improve on.  If memory serves he shot ~60% in college, and that's simply not good enough for an NBA guard.  I hope you're listening, Rondo. 

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 05:43:49 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Good to see the 5-5 from the line - that's one thing he needs to improve on.  If memory serves he shot ~60% in college, and that's simply not good enough for an NBA guard.  I hope you're listening, Rondo. 

I've said this before, after he was drafted I did a little digging and found he was 80% from the line in high school (Or right around that number)with more attempts than in his freshman year at Texas.

He isn't that bad from the line, really.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 07:27:33 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Still not shooting well from the field...he's going to need to hit jumpshots in order to find a spot in our rotation (or somebody else's).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 10:48:42 AM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
I actually watched the first half.

Bradley spent 100% of his time at the point. 

The good: he has NBA quicks; he can create his own shot at will, and can do so driving either left or right; he is a willing defender.

The bad: he just doesn't see the court like a point guard.

The indifferent: he was clearly getting used to his new team, didn't know where his shots would come from in the flow of the offense, and his shots weren't falling.  That should change.

Grade: B 
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 10:50:27 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't want to make any judgments until he spends some time playing and practicing with the team.  I'm hoping that this is a long-term stint in Maine.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 11:16:58 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

The good: he has NBA quicks; he can create his own shot at will, and can do so driving either left or right; he is a willing defender.

The indifferent: he was clearly getting used to his new team, didn't know where his shots would come from in the flow of the offense, and his shots weren't falling.  That should change.

Thanks for the report, Eeyore.  That's pretty much what we could expect from him.  In my mind he's ultimately a 2-guard and I don't really get why they are trying to force him into the point.  Either he has a good enough shot and can guard big enough 2's to be helpful or he's in trouble.  I think he can and I'd rather see him getting comfortable in his ultimate, and the easier, position than muck around at the 1.

But I'm not at risk of being asked to coach or GM any team, let alone the Celtics--and I'm sure there's good reason for that.

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 11:17:13 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Thanks for the over view. Very helpful. I would appreciate more such posts if you can in the future...and of course TPs are the incentive for you to do so. :)

Any comment on his defense as well? When he was with the celtics his defense looked to be a strength.

Yea, yeah... Only one game, but encouraging nonetheless.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 11:22:45 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I've said this before, after he was drafted I did a little digging and found he was 80% from the line in high school (Or right around that number)with more attempts than in his freshman year at Texas.

He isn't that bad from the line, really.

Don't believe HS stats. They are often exaggerated to boost a player's value. Unless you're a third party keeping track of every stat, it's just way too easy to flat out lie.

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 08:28:32 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Well, being there and playing is better than sitting watching in the nba, hope he will tune his game and come back up as the player we hoped he would be...!

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2011, 08:51:44 PM »

Offline hokinanaz

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1

good to have some feedback on bradley. i think hes gonna be a good player for thw cs. hope u keep up the posts. how was his d coz from what i seen he can defend.

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Speaking of the NBADL... did anyone notice Orion Greene is playing very well? I thought that guy had NBA-talent when we drafted him lol.

I think I read he made the All-NBADL Second-Team. Not too shabby, although about 4 years too late for my liking.
CELTICS 2024