Author Topic: Heat are absolutely ridiculous  (Read 23552 times)

Re: Heat are absolutely ridiculous
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2011, 11:42:16 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Griffin put up 24/14/6 today.

griffin is a beast
after 5 first weeks that line is standard to him
he only have a couple of bad games at the beginning
of the season and then... voila
Future league MVP as soon as one of his teams start winning.

I probably watched more games of him than a clips fan. And i absolutely love the guys game and abilities
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2011, 07:23:44 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
the less people that score
the easier to control them
the smaller the people who score are
the less they trust other people
the egotistical they are
the coach they feel they are

Yup, yup, yup, yup, and YUP!

TP Edgar.

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2011, 07:56:34 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Delonte and Shaq - numbers for '09-'10:

West: 8.8 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 3.3 apg, 0.5 bpg, 25.0 mpg

Shaq: 12.0 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.5 apg, 1.2 bpg, 23.4 mpg

So we get a total of:
20.8 ppg (right on the money)
9.5 rpg
4.8 apg (again, right on the money)
1.7 bpg

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2011, 09:45:54 AM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75

This irks me every time I see it, and as Celtics fans, it should go without saying - the Cavs also lost shaq, delonte, and their head coach.

To imply that LeBron's departure is the sole reason for the Cavs woes is shortsighted and inaccurate.

So they lost Shaq, who was pretty terrible for them (especially for his salary), and Delonte who is good but was a big distraction last season, and is a role player.  And they got better coach than the terrible Mike Brown....

Yeah, LeBron's departure is almost the whole reason.
I don't have perfect recall, but the numbers off the top of my head are 20.8 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 4.8 apg, and 1.8 bpg that Shaq/Delonte contributed.

And with Moranis pointing out that Z also left, his 7.3/5+ means the Cavs lost 25% of their offense in those 3 players, and about a third of their rebounding...

I don't agree with your reasons for dissing Shaq and Delonte's contributions - numbers don't lie
I like the use of '.8' in all your estimates instead of the more common .0.

Props for being an original.

Ha ha - it looks like I was significantly < ".8" % accurate as per ACF's post...

It just pulls my chain how frequently Lebronists say that the only difference between the 61-win Cavs and the 8-30 cavs is him - and then handwave about how useless the starting centers for the easts' 2 best teams and Delonte are.

We get it, you're trying to make a point, but it can't be reasonably supported - because OF COURSE a team that was designed for 7 years to focus on 1 player's skills is going to be horrible after he leaves.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 09:57:57 AM by nba is the worst »

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2011, 05:00:34 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

This irks me every time I see it, and as Celtics fans, it should go without saying - the Cavs also lost shaq, delonte, and their head coach.

To imply that LeBron's departure is the sole reason for the Cavs woes is shortsighted and inaccurate.

So they lost Shaq, who was pretty terrible for them (especially for his salary), and Delonte who is good but was a big distraction last season, and is a role player.  And they got better coach than the terrible Mike Brown....

I don't have perfect recall, but the numbers off the top of my head are 20.8 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 4.8 apg, and 1.8 bpg that Shaq/Delonte contributed.

And with Moranis pointing out that Z also left, his 7.3/5+ means the Cavs lost 25% of their offense in those 3 players, and about a third of their rebounding...

I don't agree with your reasons for dissing Shaq and Delonte's contributions - numbers don't lie

Ha ha - it looks like I was significantly < ".8" % accurate as per ACF's post...

It just pulls my chain how frequently Lebronists say that the only difference between the 61-win Cavs and the 8-30 cavs is him - and then handwave about how useless the starting centers for the easts' 2 best teams and Delonte are.

We get it, you're trying to make a point, but it can't be reasonably supported - because OF COURSE a team that was designed for 7 years to focus on 1 player's skills is going to be horrible after he leaves.
Ramon Sessions alone accounts for pretty much everything Delonte and Shaq provided exeept rebounding, but that is made up for in increased time to Hickson.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2011, 05:16:42 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Ramon Sessions alone accounts for pretty much everything Delonte and Shaq provided exeept rebounding, but that is made up for in increased time to Hickson.

I'm a little less impressed with Ramon's post up game than you are.

« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2011, 11:31:52 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Hahahaha. They have not won since I posted this

« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2011, 12:09:23 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I'm a little less impressed with Ramon's post up game than you are.

Not sure which Cavs team you are watching, but Hickson has been a monster disappointment. Before his recent injury he had played himself out of the starting lineup and onto fringe meaningful minutes...

« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2011, 04:01:21 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

Could you post one about San Antonio, please?

;)

« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2011, 06:24:34 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170

LOL TP. Good job Vinnie.
Unfortunately all good things much come to an end. Their next game is with the (c)Raptors one of the NBA's best slump busters. It was fun while it lasted though.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2011, 06:49:34 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
TP for the awesome hex Vinnie ... you're the master! ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2011, 07:57:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
A house is only as good as its foundation and they are a house of cards.  No depth, at all and it shows.  Despite their great run in December the C's can take them down anytime.

« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2011, 08:31:38 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
MIssingInActionMI
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:36:42 AM by ACF »