Author Topic: Heat are absolutely ridiculous  (Read 23619 times)

Re: Heat are absolutely ridiculous
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2011, 03:15:15 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
The Miami Heat right now are tied for the longest active winning streak in the NBA at 9 wins in a row. The Boston Celtics have lost two games in a row which is one game away from the longest losing streak in the Eastern Conference (The Indiana Pacers have lost 3 games in a row). In the Western Conference the longest winning streak and the longest losing streak are both 4 games (The Los Angeles Lakers have won four games in a row while the Minnesota Timberwolves have lost four in a row - interesting to note the fact that Target Center is in Minneapolis, the same city where the Minneapolis Lakers used to play way back in the day).

Right now the Cleveland Cavaliers have the worst regular season record in the entire league. Cavs fans should be kicking themselves for not giving LeBron James more incentive to re-sign with their team ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:33:27 PM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2011, 03:49:57 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
the less people that score
the easier to control them
the smaller the people who score are
the less they trust other people
the egotistical they are
the coach they feel they are
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2011, 04:00:55 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

This irks me every time I see it, and as Celtics fans, it should go without saying - the Cavs also lost shaq, delonte, and their head coach.

To imply that LeBron's departure is the sole reason for the Cavs woes is shortsighted and inaccurate.

So they lost Shaq, who was pretty terrible for them (especially for his salary), and Delonte who is good but was a big distraction last season, and is a role player.  And they got better coach than the terrible Mike Brown....

Yeah, LeBron's departure is almost the whole reason.
come on you know it is all because of Big Z.  I mean the Heat would suck with the big man in the middle, just like the Cavs do this year.

In all seriousness, Sessions is a superior player to West and they got a big upgrade in the coaching department.  Obviously Shaq and Big Z were there starting and backup center, but at this stage of their respective careers losing them is worth maybe 4 games.  The Cavs have won 8 games and lost 29.  After 37 games last year the Cavs were 28-9 (and that is before the trade for Jamison, whom they still have).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75

This irks me every time I see it, and as Celtics fans, it should go without saying - the Cavs also lost shaq, delonte, and their head coach.

To imply that LeBron's departure is the sole reason for the Cavs woes is shortsighted and inaccurate.

So they lost Shaq, who was pretty terrible for them (especially for his salary), and Delonte who is good but was a big distraction last season, and is a role player.  And they got better coach than the terrible Mike Brown....

I don't have perfect recall, but the numbers off the top of my head are 20.8 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 4.8 apg, and 1.8 bpg that Shaq/Delonte contributed.

And with Moranis pointing out that Z also left, his 7.3/5+ means the Cavs lost 25% of their offense in those 3 players, and about a third of their rebounding...

I don't agree with your reasons for dissing Shaq and Delonte's contributions - numbers don't lie
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:25:03 PM by nba is the worst »

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2011, 04:19:24 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

So they lost Shaq, who was pretty terrible for them (especially for his salary), and Delonte who is good but was a big distraction last season, and is a role player.  And they got better coach than the terrible Mike Brown....

come on you know it is all because of Big Z.  I mean the Heat would suck with the big man in the middle, just like the Cavs do this year.

In all seriousness, Sessions is a superior player to West and they got a big upgrade in the coaching department.  Obviously Shaq and Big Z were there starting and backup center, but at this stage of their respective careers losing them is worth maybe 4 games.  The Cavs have won 8 games and lost 29.  After 37 games last year the Cavs were 28-9 (and that is before the trade for Jamison, whom they still have).

Byron Scott an upgrade over any coach? HA HA

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2011, 04:21:35 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

So they lost Shaq, who was pretty terrible for them (especially for his salary), and Delonte who is good but was a big distraction last season, and is a role player.  And they got better coach than the terrible Mike Brown....

I don't have perfect recall, but the numbers off the top of my head are 20.8 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 4.8 apg, and 1.8 bpg that Shaq/Delonte contributed.

I don't agree with your reasons for dissing Shaq and Delonte's contributions - numbers don't lie

Also when a team loses a player that holds on to the ball for 90% of the game might cause some issues when all of a sudden he is gone. Also new coach new players, injuries

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2011, 04:43:59 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Apparently you are unaware of the completely inept Mike Brown.  The man can't even form a decent rotation.  He couldn't draw up an offensive play to save his life.

And with Moranis pointing out that Z also left, his 7.3/5+ means the Cavs lost 25% of their offense in those 3 players, and about a third of their rebounding...

Those are off the top of your head?  Shaqs production has been just about the exact same or worse than with us and he was being paid FAR more on Cleveland. Nevermind all the DNPs from games he sat out.  And how he slowed down that team and hurt their offense.  And Sessions is about as good as Delonte, close enough.  You are overrating those guys and they are completely replaceable while LBJ is not, as the NBA's best player.

If you are saying Mike Brown, Shaq, and Delonte are big reasons and you are really reaching for a way to hate on LeBron or discount what he did in Cleveland.  Those are minor factors and Mike Brown is a good defensive coach but completely inept at offense and again cannot manage a rotation at all.  Remember when the Cavs had huge success playing Hickson and he hardly saw the floor in the Playoffs?  And rumor was the Cavs didn't get Amare because they didn't want to trade Hickson away?  Yeah....

The Cavs record minus LeBron (And two role players) speaks for itself.  Talk yourself into other reasons if you want but you're grasping at straws.

Also when a team loses a player that holds on to the ball for 90% of the game might cause some issues when all of a sudden he is gone. Also new coach new players, injuries

So the other players aren't professionals?  I'm pretty sure they could figure out how to play without him by this point in the seasons if that was the issue.  The actual issue is just that they really aren't very good.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:55:00 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2011, 07:23:29 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:00:36 PM by Overrated »

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2011, 07:33:13 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88

Apparently you are unaware of the completely inept Mike Brown.  The man can't even form a decent rotation.  He couldn't draw up an offensive play to save his life.

Those are off the top of your head? 

Haha exactly what I first thought when I read that line!

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2011, 09:41:35 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
I wouldnt call it a loss of confidence in our team.....I think a lot of people on here were just happier starting threads every two days making fun of the Heat before they found their stride.

KARMA!

...sorry I'm just the most supersticious person in the world, and it really irked me seeing all those threads 10 games into the season completely trashing the heat. 

Yes because the season goes as what is said in Celtic Blogs message boards. We control the NBA LOL  ::)

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2011, 10:29:39 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
When two or three players are scoring most of their points, it makes them very easy to defend against for good defensive teams, and they don't stand a chance against an unselfish team like the Celtics ... they just don't worry me much.

Also who's going to step up for them in a playoff game when one of the three is shutdown (which will happen) and has to big shots.  Right now I don't think there is anyone on there team that can.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2011, 10:48:44 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
When two or three players are scoring most of their points, it makes them very easy to defend against for good defensive teams, and they don't stand a chance against an unselfish team like the Celtics ... they just don't worry me much.

Also who's going to step up for them in a playoff game when one of the three is shutdown (which will happen) and has to big shots.  Right now I don't think there is anyone on there team that can.

...Maybe I'm misreading you. If one of the three is shutdown, can't the other two hit big shots?

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2011, 01:04:11 AM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Also, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one here who thinks this (which I'm fine with), but I think that the Clippers have a decent chance of beating them on Wednesday. I've been watching them closely all season, and they're playing very good right now, and I've seen them beat a lot of good teams.

Haha, I'm bringing back my quote from a couple days ago.

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2011, 01:08:04 AM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Griffin put up 24/14/6 today.

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2011, 01:26:08 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I like the use of '.8' in all your estimates instead of the more common .0.

Props for being an original.