Author Topic: Heat are absolutely ridiculous  (Read 23625 times)

Heat are absolutely ridiculous
« on: January 09, 2011, 11:51:01 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
They beat the Blazers tonight in overtime and Lebron and Wade combined for 78 points. Add in Bosh's 18, and the three of them scored 96 of the team's 107. They also took 65 of the total 79 shots. The other guys on the team must love winning every game, but maybe this team really does need only three players.

Honestly, if this team loses 6 more games the rest of the year I will be shocked. Right now they are the second best team in the league, as they have yet to beat the Celts. My guess is that they will be the favorite to win it all by the time the playoffs start. Impressive -- and I still despise them and how this thing came together.

Re: Heat are absolutely ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 12:05:31 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Well theyre beating some bad teams too. Portland is barely over .500 and look at their schedule from mid-feb to mid-march. It's brutal. Hopefully they drop some games there. Still we need to beat them at least one more time to get that tie breaker and hopefully all these minutes and their fast pace will catch up to their "big three" by the time the playoffs start. They are playing these guys a ton of minutes and one key injury that puts a guy out 7 or 8 games could really do them in as far as getting home court is concerned.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 12:11:19 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
Well theyre beating some bad teams too. Portland is barely over .500 and look at their schedule from mid-feb to mid-march. It's brutal. Hopefully they drop some games there. Still we need to beat them at least one more time to get that tie breaker and hopefully all these minutes and their fast pace will catch up to their "big three" by the time the playoffs start. They are playing these guys a ton of minutes and one key injury that puts a guy out 7 or 8 games could really do them in as far as getting home court is concerned.

The thing with the NBA this year is that I think there are more bad teams than there have been in awhile. The Celtics have also beaten a lot of bad teams this year. Look at the West, The Lakers are the only team over .500 in their division. It looks like the Atlantic Division. The more I watch this Heat team the more I think they are going to be extremely difficult to beat -- for anyone. I still have faith that the Celts can take them, but they are now playing as everyone expected them to play when the disgusting deal went down.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 12:13:29 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
When two or three players are scoring most of their points, it makes them very easy to defend against for good defensive teams, and they don't stand a chance against an unselfish team like the Celtics ... they just don't worry me much.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 12:23:20 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
When two or three players are scoring most of their points, it makes them very easy to defend against for good defensive teams, and they don't stand a chance against an unselfish team like the Celtics ... they just don't worry me much.

Exactly this strategy works well against bad defensive teams and teams that are not that good. What they did tonight would be exhausting to have to do every game I don't care how young their players are. The only thing that worries me about them is if the game is close at the end of the game refs call fouls on anyone who so much as breathes on Lebron or DWade

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 12:33:52 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
I think it's pretty safe to say they are better now than they were early in the season. Better enough to beat the C's when it matters though?

Not sure, their offense is basically LeBron/Wade going one on one and Bosh shooting jumpers. That works against good to average teams but the C's know how to take it away. They aren't going to run up and down the court in the playoffs either.

Wade still gives up a lot open looks at times but outside of that their defense can be smothering.

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 12:40:38 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
I think it's pretty safe to say they are better now than they were early in the season. Better enough to beat the C's when it matters though?

Not sure, their offense is basically LeBron/Wade going one on one and Bosh shooting jumpers. That works against good to average teams but the C's know how to take it away. They aren't going to run up and down the court in the playoffs either.

Wade still gives up a lot open looks at times but outside of that their defense can be smothering.

You are 100 percent right on the Wade/Lebron one-on-one offense. They only had 19 assists on 45 made baskets. I also think you are right, however, that their defense can be smothering. The one thing that really scares me is that if they are able to get a guy like Billups, it could tilt the scales in their favor. Right now, the Celtics have the advantage because they beat the Heat twice, but objectively I would have to say that the Heat are playing the best ball in the league at this point. It will be interesting to measure the two teams when the Celtics get everyone back healthy.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 12:52:59 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I hate to say it but the couple games I've seen while they were on this what almost 20 game win streak 19-20 wins whatever - they have looked a bit scary.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 12:53:43 AM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
I still have the Celtics above the Heat when they're at reasonable health, and still have the Lakers above the Heat, even with their loss against them.

I don't think that the Heat will be able to defend and rebound well enough in a grind it out 7 game series.

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 01:02:08 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
Look at it this way, though - it took 44 from LeBron and 34 from Wade to beat a .500 team.

I honestly think that, for a better team than the Blazers, this is exactly how to beat them.  The rest of their pieces are very easy to shut down - do that.  LeBron will get his against Pierce, and Wade will score some against Ray, but that won't be enough to beat a good team.  

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 01:16:46 AM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
The Heat are the only team in the league that worries me this year. I think we have too much size inside, but they sure do scare me.

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 01:33:26 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Look at it this way, though - it took 44 from LeBron and 34 from Wade to beat a .500 team.

I honestly think that, for a better team than the Blazers, this is exactly how to beat them.  The rest of their pieces are very easy to shut down - do that.  LeBron will get his against Pierce, and Wade will score some against Ray, but that won't be enough to beat a good team.  

exactly

against us, or Orlando, or Lakers, Miami Big 3 WILL not and WILL not score 98 together...

dude they ended up winning with a score of 107, thats 9 points from the other players...9 POINTS, this just shows that, Miami is useless in playoffs if they all rely on their big 3

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 01:44:18 AM »

Offline GranTur

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 68
  • Anti-NBA Hipster
They get bailed a lot by the refs. If the games were calling fairly, they'd have another 4-5 losses EASILY.

I've watched a lot of their games.
"It's not how you play the game. It's whether you win or lose--that's my motto." -Larry Bird

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 01:49:17 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
The Heat have been on a very impressive run on their past 20 games, losing only once. This alone makes them scary, even if some people are saying that they've been beating on the "lesser" teams in the league. I hate Lebron and the Heat but am impressed with how they are able to find ways to come up with the W after being down big. How many times have they done this (Golden State, Milwaukee, Portland come to mind). They may be a three man team but they are surely getting it done. As it is now, I think they are The Celtics' biggest threat to the crown, with depth being the C's biggest advantage. While The Celtics have proven that they could win without some of their key players, The Heat have yet to do so. An injury to one of the three big guns and who knows what would happen to Miami. 

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 01:50:47 AM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Also, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one here who thinks this (which I'm fine with), but I think that the Clippers have a decent chance of beating them on Wednesday. I've been watching them closely all season, and they're playing very good right now, and I've seen them beat a lot of good teams.