Author Topic: Pre Game Meal ?  (Read 6850 times)

Pre Game Meal ?
« on: January 06, 2011, 08:12:59 PM »

Offline alaa_abdelnaby

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 1
    I am headed to the garden tomorrow for the first time in almost 20 years!  Last time I took my son to watch Isiah drop 30+ on Dino Radja and co.
    This time my son bought the tickets!   I am looking for a recommendation of good place to have dinner (nothing fancy ) before the game - within walking distance of the garden.
     Thanks.  Go C's

Re: Pre Game Meal ?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 08:18:54 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
There are a bunch of good Italian restaurants in the North End.

My father took me to Massimino's before a game last year and it was great. I think you need a reservation there though.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 08:19:42 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
Have a great time together. I don't live in Mass so don't know but I am still jealous.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 08:28:44 PM »

Offline jasail

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 24
I work on the corner of Washington and Causeway, which is practically across the street from the Garden.  So I am fortunate to get to go out to lunch and business dinners in the area often.  The Boston Beer Works and the Fours are right across from the Garden and have solid bar food. 

Trattoria la Famiglia is on Salem Street about 5 min walk from the Garden and has tremendous Italian food and obscene portions for a reasonable price ($13-$18). My favorite Italian place in the North End is Ar Tu on Hanover Street, little more expensive ($18-30) but tremendous. 

There is a great seafood place called Posiodens on Salem, top notch raw bar.  And that place makes me think of pizza, because Ernesto's is right next store and that is my lunch joint.  Pushcart further down Salem and the Original Regina's are can't go wrong choices. Stay away from Half-Time on Causeway. 

Lastly, I'd be remiss to not mention Bolle Nolle on Hanover, it's a sandwich shop and it's probably not open but I have to plug my old friends.  They make a great Pastrami sandwich!

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 08:30:14 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I've always been partial to the Grand Canal.  Its a bit farther down the road than the usual suspects;  Fours, Beerworks, Sports Grille but I like the setup.  Usually a little less crazy.  Good food and great place for a pint.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 08:34:26 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
How can you say stay away from Halftime? I think it has great pizza and very cheap big beers.

As far as bars in the area Boston Beer Works is your best bet when it comes to beers and food.

If you are looking for a legit nice dinner you've got the North End, Beacon Hill, and Fanuiel with plenty of nice places

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 08:36:46 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm a big fan of the Fours.  It's a sports bar, but it's got some tasty grub.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 09:02:39 PM »

Offline jasail

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 24
How can you say stay away from Halftime? I think it has great pizza and very cheap big beers.

As far as bars in the area Boston Beer Works is your best bet when it comes to beers and food.

If you are looking for a legit nice dinner you've got the North End, Beacon Hill, and Fanuiel with plenty of nice places

Truth that the slices and beer are cheap (particularly considering the area), but compare it to what you can get if you walk 3 minutes from North Station and its not even the same game, imo.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 12:09:03 AM »

Offline rsan

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Good stuff guys. Ill be headed to Boston in february to see them play the lakers. They play the night before my bday so Ill be flying out there from California to soak in the Garden

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 12:15:25 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'm a big fan of the Fours.  It's a sports bar, but it's got some tasty grub.

A lot of great food in the area, but I'd have to go with Roy on this one ... try The Fours ... you won't regret it. :)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 12:44:13 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Boston Beer Works is the only place I've been.  Definitely a good choice.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale