Author Topic: Tony Allen lumps up OJ Mayo in altercation  (Read 22013 times)

Re: Tony Allen lumps up OJ Mayo in altercation
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 09:55:19 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Mayo must be even thicker than Tony to mess with him. Youngster may have had it coming; but Tony is too easily baited.

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 10:09:33 AM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Mayo must be even thicker than Tony to mess with him. Youngster may have had it coming; but Tony is too easily baited.

He walked away from it and we he came back from the restroom Mayo was still there. Everyone as a limit a Mayo pushed it too far. With his salary paying a debt should not be an issue.

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 10:28:44 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

He walked away from it and we he came back from the restroom Mayo was still there. Everyone as a limit a Mayo pushed it too far. With his salary paying a debt should not be an issue.

With Tony's history, you would hope that he would know better than to criminally batter somebody over talking smack to him.  Last I knew, "he was in my face talking to me" doesn't justify physical violence.

Mayo is a punk and should have paid his debt, but Tony continues to be a thug.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 10:34:57 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Amen. Once a thug, always a thug.

You don't do that to a teammate. Be a grown up and go sit by yourself until you cool off. That is to both of them. I don't care who started it.

I am so glad that he is off this team though. He's always been about himself. Marquis is a much better fit for us.

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 10:38:31 AM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
I smell an NBA ban on card games coming very soon.

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 10:45:12 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

With Tony's history, you would hope that he would know better than to criminally batter somebody over talking smack to him.  Last I knew, "he was in my face talking to me" doesn't justify physical violence.

BTW, since a lawyer chimed in, what's the legal situation in a nutshell? Is a fight in an airplane, even a private plane, a federal issue? If not, would the authority in the area they were flying over be the ones to prosecute the case? If it's federal, would Mayo have to file a complaint for action to be taken?

Just curious.

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 10:45:18 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Im surprised that Im saying this, but good for Tony. He must have been looking to impress the Griz and that Mayo should be staying on the bench.

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 10:47:16 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I smell an NBA ban on card games coming very soon.

I agree, although I think it will more be a ban on gambling during team flights and buses.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 10:54:16 AM »

Offline snowball

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
good for Tony..
taught Mayo a lesson !

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 11:04:15 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Say what ya want about Tony Allen, but you pit that guy in a ring against just about any 2 guard in the ring and I'll take Tony.

As far as Mayo's future on the Griz..he seems like a proud dude. First he got demote, for Henry then Allen, now he gets "lumped up" (TP's for the title) by the guy he probably thinks should be his backup, and held out of the next game?

Mayo's gone.

Mwahahaha also lost money, probably didn't fork it over but still paid the price  ;D

Yeah to say he had a bad day was an understatement.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 11:13:52 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Pretty harsh.

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 11:18:41 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Pretty harsh.
It is, but this hasn't been Tony's first violent altercation. Nor is it a fight during practice or a game, but rather over a gambling debt.

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 11:21:58 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Pretty harsh.

How so?  That's at least the third highly publicized fight Tony has been in.  Cracking somebody upside the head because they were talking smack about gambling debts?  That seems pretty thuggish to me.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 11:50:31 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

Pretty harsh.

How so?  That's at least the third highly publicized fight Tony has been in.  Cracking somebody upside the head because they were talking smack about gambling debts?  That seems pretty thuggish to me.
RH it could be worst...TA could've pulled a Gilbert Arenas on Mayo and there might have been guns involved. :)

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 11:51:49 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Pretty harsh.

Judging by Tony's history, I think OJ got off pretty easy.  Its a good thing they don't allow entourage's on the plane.