Author Topic: Kevin Garnett vs Lakers Game 3 & Garnett vs Kings Game 3  (Read 8042 times)

Re: Kevin Garnett vs Lakers Game 3 & Garnett vs Kings Game 3
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 08:55:26 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
I watched this video earlier today. I can't say that I was too surprised at how good Kevin Garnett was (and still is) during his younger years after being reminded of that while watching those videos. Still amazing to watch, though the Minnesota Timberwolves never made it past the Western Conference Finals during Kevin Garnett's era. It would have been epic for Kevin Garnett to bring an NBA Championship to the city of Minnesota as I was a huge fan of his while he played there.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 09:03:54 PM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
KG's Game 7 performance against the kings in 2004 is one of the best playoff performances EVER!

It's true, KG would've been better and gotten more rings than Duncan if he was with a better team (and if he had DAVID ROBINSON).. unfortunately, he was with the TWolves! BUt at least, he's shown professionalism and loyalty by sticking with the team thru the hard times (unlike that OTHER HIGH SCHOOL PHENOM!).. So he deserves to be a champion with the Celtics and i believe he deserves another one at least..
I like to see KG vs DUNCAN in the finals this year!
(barring any 'Stern' incidents!)

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 09:37:05 PM »

Offline GranTur

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 68
  • Anti-NBA Hipster
KG was relied on too much in those years. Now he plays the perfect role for the Celtics. The offense can run a little bit through him in the post and he sets great screens and alters shots and provides great help defense.

He's a defensive leader and an energy-giver.

I love our team so much.
"It's not how you play the game. It's whether you win or lose--that's my motto." -Larry Bird

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 11:42:35 PM »

Offline JerseyKid.

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Our heart will prevail.
Holy crap, kg was so [dang] fast. He looks like a 7 foot rondo running the point.

I cant wait to have him back this year, i miss him already.

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 09:41:15 AM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
This was enjoyable, thank you.  As much as I'm a KG fan, sometimes even I forget what he used to be.

The funny thing is, neither of these were even his best games from those particular series.  His game 2 against the Lakers in '03 (35 points, 20 boards, 7 assists, 2 steals, 1 block) and game 7 against the Kings in '04 (32 points, 21 boards, 5 blocks, 4 steals, 2 assists) were both easily better.  Which is kind of crazy.