Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 415030 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #1095 on: August 14, 2017, 10:38:49 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Hated the opening scene with Jaime surviving without any issues whatsoever.

Didn't like all the fast forwarding, but it is what it is at this point in the series.

Also, I would've thought Arya would be more adept at not being watched/followed than to let Littlefinger trick her.

And Jon learning of Arya and Bran still alive and with Sansa? He seemed angry more than anything. He should have went to them, especially the way they are warping from one place to the next.

If it wasn't for the battle scenes, this season would be a little weak IMO. I like that it's starting to tie everything together, but they are working st a completely different pace than the first 6 seasons. If they needed more episodes, they should have made this a full season.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #1096 on: August 14, 2017, 10:38:53 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Also, did anyone catch Gilly reading to Sam the account of the septon annulling a marriage of a Rhaegar in Dorne? I can't believe he didn't perk up to that. Dany's older brother's marriage to Ellia Martel was ANNULLED. Do you know what this means? Jon Snow is NOT a ****. Rhaegar married Lyanna Stark...
That Samwell heard this and didn't want to know more about it was sooo annoying.

Although, I am happy that he is leaving, because it paves the way for him to become the lord of house Tarly.
He wouldn't have any reason to want to know anything about some Targaryen prince that died before he was out of diapers...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1097 on: August 14, 2017, 10:44:29 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Also, did anyone catch Gilly reading to Sam the account of the septon annulling a marriage of a Rhaegar in Dorne? I can't believe he didn't perk up to that. Dany's older brother's marriage to Ellia Martel was ANNULLED. Do you know what this means? Jon Snow is NOT a ****. Rhaegar married Lyanna Stark...
That Samwell heard this and didn't want to know more about it was sooo annoying.

Although, I am happy that he is leaving, because it paves the way for him to become the lord of house Tarly.
He wouldn't have any reason to want to know anything about some Targaryen prince that died before he was out of diapers...
He wouldn't, but Sam knows a lot about history and once he heard Prince Rhaegar, who was pretty darn modern, getting his marriage annulled his interest should have piqued.  Hopefully he took that book with him. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1098 on: August 14, 2017, 10:46:23 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Also, I would've thought Arya would be more adept at not being watched/followed than to let Littlefinger trick her.

I'm not sold that she's playing into his trap. There was a weird hesitation as she turned away from him and walked the other direction as she exited her room. Makes me feel like she knows he was there watching.

« Reply #1099 on: August 14, 2017, 10:48:48 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum

He wouldn't, but Sam knows a lot about history and once he heard Prince Rhaegar, who was pretty darn modern, getting his marriage annulled his interest should have piqued.  Hopefully he took that book with him.

Yeah I agree with this, they've shown over and over again that he loves books, reading and knowledge. If he wasn't having a temper-tantrum I'm sure he would have been interested. I think he was mad that everyone else gets to "fast-travel" while he's still a low level acolyte in Old Town  :P

« Reply #1100 on: August 14, 2017, 10:49:13 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
It also means he officially became the rightful heir to the Iron Throne yesterday as the only surviving natural-born child of the crown prince. Heh.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1101 on: August 14, 2017, 10:50:02 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

There didn't seem to be much method to his book collecting madness. 
Yup

« Reply #1102 on: August 14, 2017, 10:50:46 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Nerds hate method.

« Reply #1103 on: August 14, 2017, 10:57:30 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
It also means he officially became the rightful heir to the Iron Throne yesterday as the only surviving natural-born child of the crown prince. Heh.

Yes exactly. His birth order would come first, which means Dany is technically rebelling against him by proclaiming herself queen lol.

« Reply #1104 on: August 14, 2017, 11:04:53 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Nerds hate method.

On the bright side, he can probably make millions doing Gray Scale Cure Info-mercials now that his maester career is over.
Yup

« Reply #1105 on: August 14, 2017, 11:07:41 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Yes exactly. His birth order would come first, which means Dany is technically rebelling against him by proclaiming herself queen lol.

Wasn't Jon Ned's kid.  Or was that just the story Ned told to uphold his sister's good name? Is Brandon the only one who knows that?  KInd of hazy on this part.
Yup

« Reply #1106 on: August 14, 2017, 11:17:04 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I sure hope Sam took those records with him. I was clapping and shouting by myself when they revealed it.

Jon is the true king. The problem now is, the Northeners. How would take take this news if they found out? I think Littlefinger knows already...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #1107 on: August 14, 2017, 11:18:35 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Wasn't Jon Ned's kid.  Or was that just the story Ned told to uphold his sister's good name? Is Brandon the only one who knows that?  KInd of hazy on this part.
Ned claimed he was his Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. because the son of a Targaryean would surely be killed, even if he was a Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again..

It allowed him to raise Jon without revealing his identity
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #1108 on: August 14, 2017, 11:24:40 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum

I've read too many fan theories at this point, so disclaimer that I might be adding things that didn't happen in the show. But we do know that Jon is said to be Ned's Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. that he brought home after Robert's Rebellion. Ned tell's Jon he will tell him about his mother next time they meet, but get's his head lopped off. Rhaegar Targaryen "kidnapped" Lyanna Stark which is what started Robert's Rebellion. You see young Ned go to get her back at the Tower of Joy in Bran's vision. You see Lyanna die in a bed and make Ned promise to protect her son (I think she says "Jon" specifically?) Now we are being told Rhaegar had his marriage annulled, which could mean Jon isn't just a Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. Targaryen, he's actually the legitimate one, and in line to get the throne BEFORE Dany would. Did I miss anything in the show?

« Reply #1109 on: August 14, 2017, 11:31:19 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I've read too many fan theories at this point, so disclaimer that I might be adding things that didn't happen in the show. But we do know that Jon is said to be Ned's **** that he brought home after Robert's Rebellion. Ned tell's Jon he will tell him about his mother next time they meet, but get's his head lopped off. Rhaegar Targaryen "kidnapped" Lyanna Stark which is what started Robert's Rebellion. You see young Ned go to get her back at the Tower of Joy in Bran's vision. You see Lyanna die in a bed and make Ned promise to protect her son (I think she says "Jon" specifically?) Now we are being told Rhaegar had his marriage annulled, which could mean Jon isn't just a **** Targaryen, he's actually the legitimate one, and in line to get the throne BEFORE Dany would. Did I miss anything in the show?
Nope, this sounds about right. Not sure you can make the name being whispered in the Tower scene, though...