Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 414792 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #1035 on: July 24, 2017, 01:21:35 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Seeing some of the reunions (Arya - Hot Pie and Arya - Nymeria) and set ups of the (hopefully) soon meet ups and reunions (Arya back at Winterfell; Dany to meet Jon) definitely were nice to see this episode.

The ending though. Man...  :o (Intense)

Was sad to see that final minute with Theon. Poor guy. PTSD and pretty much made another coward move (but not his fault and he was helpless). Then seeing him float around the wreckage...  :(

But seriously, I mean I know Euron can't die yet... But even after all that he's still alive?? LOL  :P

Felt like I saw him get stabbed like 50 times (or maybe he dodged every attempt and I saw it differently on my laptop lol)  :laugh:

The scene and sounds made it look like Euron got stabbed and beaten up really good (as in.. Overkill)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1036 on: July 24, 2017, 06:21:48 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The scene and sounds made it look like Euron got stabbed and beaten up really good (as in.. Overkill)

Euron dabbles in sorcery in the books.  He is a much darker character.  I suspect we will learn why he survived.

The directors may know how Martin intends to end the story but they basically seem to be trying to validate the fan theories or wishes in their storyline.  So far, the storyline has suffered without the books to go on.   It feels very rushed now.

« Reply #1037 on: July 24, 2017, 07:05:31 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

The directors may know how Martin intends to end the story but they basically seem to be trying to validate the fan theories or wishes in their storyline.  So far, the storyline has suffered without the books to go on.   It feels very rushed now.

I was about to write the same thing. I don't know how much involved Martin is but it more than obvious that someone else is in charge of the story.

TBH i don't mind much ... I still enjoy the plot and the series

« Reply #1038 on: July 24, 2017, 07:16:40 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Euron dabbles in sorcery in the books.  He is a much darker character.  I suspect we will learn why he survived.

The directors may know how Martin intends to end the story but they basically seem to be trying to validate the fan theories or wishes in their storyline.  So far, the storyline has suffered without the books to go on.  It feels very rushed now.
They have what, 12 episodes left to tell everything that needs to be told? I'm surprised at how leisurely it's been going so far.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1039 on: July 24, 2017, 11:38:18 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm still wondering if they're going to work Catelyn Stark back in at some point.

The meeting of the new alliance was kinda fun.  Reminded me of the super friends.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:58:49 AM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #1040 on: July 24, 2017, 12:18:09 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It's neat to see that after 6 seasons most of the characters have leveled up enough to fast travel.  ;D

Seriously voyages that would take weeks or months are happening regularly within or between single episodes.

But seriously, I mean I know Euron can't die yet... But even after all that he's still alive?? LOL  :P

Felt like I saw him get stabbed like 50 times (or maybe he dodged every attempt and I saw it differently on my laptop lol)  :laugh:

I was confused by that too but they were doing a lot of jump-cuts where a "good" character would mess up a random Ironborn - sometimes midway through fighting Euron and sometimes a different character than the one fighting him - then jump back to him. The dim lighting and sameyness of the background made it really hard to tell what was what. Euron took some hits but I'm not sure he was ever stabbed and he definitely wasn't the dude the one Sand Snake stabbed in the crotch.

« Reply #1041 on: July 24, 2017, 12:55:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
It's neat to see that after 6 seasons most of the characters have leveled up enough to fast travel.  ;D

Seriously voyages that would take weeks or months are happening regularly within or between single episodes.

I was confused by that too but they were doing a lot of jump-cuts where a "good" character would mess up a random Ironborn - sometimes midway through fighting Euron and sometimes a different character than the one fighting him - then jump back to him. The dim lighting and sameyness of the background made it really hard to tell what was what. Euron took some hits but I'm not sure he was ever stabbed and he definitely wasn't the dude the one Sand Snake stabbed in the crotch.

Speaking of the dim lights (spoilers below):

I couldn't tell if that was Yara hanging from the ship, along with (presumably)the other Sand Snakes shown dead on the front of the ship.

I kind of guessed that they would keep Yara and Ellaria Sand alive to take back to Cersei, but it looked like that was them they were showing dead/hanged. Is that what others thought, too?

« Reply #1042 on: July 24, 2017, 01:11:38 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I couldn't tell if that was Yara hanging from the ship, along with (presumably)the other Sand Snakes shown dead on the front of the ship.

I kind of guessed that they would keep Yara and Ellaria Sand alive to take back to Cersei, but it looked like that was them they were showing dead/hanged. Is that what others thought, too?

Nah, I think it was just supposed to show the carnage of the attack, not named characters. Pretty sure they'll be taking Yara, Ellaria, and whichever Sand Snake survived to Cersei to get all Mad King on.

« Reply #1043 on: July 24, 2017, 04:40:01 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Yup.  All the flames and sparks etc...made it really hard to see what was what.
Yup

« Reply #1044 on: July 25, 2017, 07:10:11 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Also, the storytelling so far has been confusing in general.

In Episode 2, plans were hatched, ravens were sent that made it to Winterfell from the Citadel and Dragonstone, and departures happened...

... but apparently Castle Black either didn't bother to notify Jon that his long-lost brother has turned up, or sent a turtle? Didn't he arrive in the end of Episode 1?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 07:17:04 AM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1045 on: July 26, 2017, 03:18:35 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Nah, I think it was just supposed to show the carnage of the attack, not named characters. Pretty sure they'll be taking Yara, Ellaria, and whichever Sand Snake survived to Cersei to get all Mad King on.
The hanging girl was one of the Sand Snakes that was killed.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1046 on: July 26, 2017, 03:20:20 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I really didn't see the point of the Grey Worm sex scene.  That was a lot of wasted time for a show with so little time left.  I really wish they would stop with that nonsense. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1047 on: August 06, 2017, 09:54:35 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
WHAT AN EPISODE!

This was right there with the Hardhome episode as the best episode yet!

« Reply #1048 on: August 06, 2017, 10:28:51 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
WHAT AN EPISODE!

It was pretty packed for a shorter episode. A lot of fan service

« Reply #1049 on: August 06, 2017, 10:39:44 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
WHAT AN EPISODE!

It was pretty packed for a shorter episode. A lot of fan service

Yeh, that was pretty action packed.  There's just no end to the cool possibilities with everyone meeting everyone.

High quality dragon action.
Yup