Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 413217 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #1005 on: July 04, 2016, 08:52:06 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Strongly foreshadowed that Sansa will make a play somehow here in the future maybe for the North, maybe just against Jon. Canonically she had to time for him and treated him as such. LF is playing right into that.

If you're referring to the look she gave Littlefinger when the houses of the north declared Jon King, I don't think that's true. That look implied to me that Sansa realized Littlefinger would now be a threat to Jon. LF openly admitted that everything he did was to make the picture of him and Sansa on the Iron Throne come true, when everyone still assumed the houses of the north would not follow a ****. Now that they do, Jon has become a roadblock for Littlefinger.

Reminds me of a scene two weeks ago, when Jaime threatened to put Edmure Tully's wife and their baby in a catapult, which most people interpreted as a sign of Jaime's cruelty, when it was obvious this was just part of his scaretactic to end this conflict as quick and peacefully as possible.

However, I think it is possible Tyrion and Sansa could end up on the Iron Throne. After Westerosi law, they're still married, and Dany told Dario she needed a person she could trust in Essos when she sits on the Iron Throne. It is possible that she wins the war and decides life in Westeros isn't what she wants, installs Tyrion as King, and moves back to Essos.

If we're dealing with implication then clearly, it's just conjecture and there is just as much evidence that Sansa will do what she wants and is considering all of her options. There is evidence that she doesn't particularly care for Jon and wants to play things close to her own vest. She's learning how to play the game and getting LF to tell her exactly what he wants shows that she has a good advantage here.

All of this is to say that Sansa has the chance to play a much more problematic role in the unification of Westeros than Jon when Dany arrives. I don't think that could be disputed.
Of course it could be disputed.  Sansa is a woman who doesn't have an army supporting her.  She has one man who wants her hand in marriage that has a borrowed army.  Sansa has been relegated to second fiddle by her "half brother".  Once Jon's true parentage comes out and Bran returns, Sansa will be relegated even further down the totem pole as she won't even be the true heir to Winterfell anymore (that would be Bran) and Jon will have the strongest claim to the throne of anyone (if they both live, Jon will probably marry Dany thus removing all opposition to his claim).
Claims to the throne don't mean much.  It's about power and cunning.  Jon doesn't have much of an army left and he's got the Stark stupidity gene.  In any case, I expect his attention will turn northward.  Bran is the three eyed raven now.  He's not going to be the Lord of Winterfell.  Littlefinger has already raised his station greatly through his scheming but isn't satisfied and Sansa isn't going to accept being relegated to the background.  I expect them to work together.  Riverrun and the Twins seem ripe for the taking.
Jon has all of the Northern houses backing him plus the remaining wildlings.  As has been shown time and time again, the Northern houses are by far the fiercest warriors in the seven kingdoms.  His army is just fine even without the Knights of the Vale.

Bran is the three eyed raven, he is also headed back to Winterfell.  Nothing says he can't reclaim his spot as Lord of Winterfell and still perform some three eyed raven functions.  I mean frankly once the white walkers are defeated there isn't much use for a three eyed raven anyway. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1006 on: July 06, 2016, 05:52:29 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Interesting new theory came out after Martin released a chapter of Winds of Winter recently. The theory posits that Cersei ends up marrying Euron Greyjoy after his proposal to Daenerys is turned down. What do you think? With the dragon horn, that could make things interesting.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3988046?utm_source=fb-channel-fantasy-channel&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=new-game-of-thrones-chapter-suggests-cersei-marries-euron-greyjoy-in-season-7

« Reply #1007 on: July 06, 2016, 05:57:43 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
That is an interesting theory.

At the same time, with only two seasons left, things have to move pretty quickly.  Cersei seems to be set up as Big Bad #1 for Jon and Dany to take down next season, then the final season will have to be all about defeating the Night King.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1008 on: July 06, 2016, 06:00:12 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Interesting new theory came out after Martin released a chapter of Winds of Winter recently. The theory posits that Cersei ends up marrying Euron Greyjoy after his proposal to Daenerys is turned down. What do you think? With the dragon horn, that could make things interesting.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3988046?utm_source=fb-channel-fantasy-channel&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=new-game-of-thrones-chapter-suggests-cersei-marries-euron-greyjoy-in-season-7
Stop the presses, GRRM has finished a chapter :D

... sorry, couldn't resist.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1009 on: July 06, 2016, 06:28:54 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
That is an interesting theory.

At the same time, with only two seasons left, things have to move pretty quickly.  Cersei seems to be set up as Big Bad #1 for Jon and Dany to take down next season, then the final season will have to be all about defeating the Night King.

I think she only stands a chance with Euron and the Iron Islands by her side. For one, her title as the Queen seems shaky at best, and it's not clear how popular she really is in King's Landing. Further, their Navy pales in comparison to Dany's now. I also think it was foreshadowed a bit with Euron ordering the Iron Islands to build him 1,000 ships.

But I agree for the most part. It's going to have to come fast with only 13 episodes left, along with the Walker and Army of the Dead story line.

Of course, this could very well just be a story line in the book rather than the show, too.

« Reply #1010 on: November 08, 2016, 10:27:17 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Do not click the link below if you do not want spoilers for season 7 - you've been warned. No spoilers in the rest of the post.

Apparently, some Reddit account hacked into something dealing with the filming of GoT Season 7 and found some massive spoilers. I said screw it and looked through them and..... wow. lol If these spoilers are correct, which there's no guarantee they are - though they do seem pretty legit, it's going to be one wild ride this season with some pretty crazy storylines that I haven't even seen posited anywhere in the GoT fandom universe. Take a look if you like.

Like I said, there's no guarantee these are accurate, but it would be pretty awesome to see some of these spoilers actually played out, one in particular.

http://www.wetpaint.com/game-of-thrones-spoilers-season-7-1536994/?postId=844718&socialTitle=&utm_campaign=vrl&utm_content=391-option-b&utm_medium=fnpg-network&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=1478611883295438

« Reply #1011 on: November 08, 2016, 10:50:58 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Do not click the link below if you do not want spoilers for season 7 - you've been warned. No spoilers in the rest of the post.

Apparently, some Reddit account hacked into something dealing with the filming of GoT Season 7 and found some massive spoilers. I said screw it and looked through them and..... wow. lol If these spoilers are correct, which there's no guarantee they are - though they do seem pretty legit, it's going to be one wild ride this season with some pretty crazy storylines that I haven't even seen posited anywhere in the GoT fandom universe. Take a look if you like.

Like I said, there's no guarantee these are accurate, but it would be pretty awesome to see some of these spoilers actually played out, one in particular.

http://www.wetpaint.com/game-of-thrones-spoilers-season-7-1536994/?postId=844718&socialTitle=&utm_campaign=vrl&utm_content=391-option-b&utm_medium=fnpg-network&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=1478611883295438
I reviewed them as well, most were fairly predictable, but definitely a few surprises.

« Reply #1012 on: July 09, 2017, 01:38:34 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://www.facebook.com/GameofThronesPH/videos/1416658325085808/

Only one more week! Can't wait!

Note the return of a Beric Dondarion, too!

« Reply #1013 on: July 16, 2017, 10:11:00 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Thoughts on the first episode (without spoilers)?

I loved the opening scene, even though it was a bit telegraphed.

I also love where they've been heading with the Hound redemption storyline.

« Reply #1014 on: July 19, 2017, 08:17:29 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Too slow of an episode for a season that has just 6 episodes left and just 12 left in the entire series.

« Reply #1015 on: July 19, 2017, 08:24:47 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
https://www.facebook.com/GameofThronesPH/videos/1416658325085808/

Only one more week! Can't wait!

Note the return of a Beric Dondarion, too!

Well yeah,,,,,,,he came back from the dead........
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #1016 on: July 19, 2017, 08:54:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Too slow of an episode for a season that has just 6 episodes left and just 12 left in the entire series.
have to agree.  they're on a self-imposed short timeline for the series.  The story/plot needs to move at a quicker pace so they're not cramming in too much at the end.

« Reply #1017 on: July 19, 2017, 09:03:57 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
have to agree.  they're on a self-imposed short timeline for the series.  The story/plot needs to move at a quicker pace so they're not cramming in too much at the end.
Yep.  Episode would have been fine in a normal season because it set up the rest of the season well, and while the beginning stuff with Sam was funny and done very well (it did nothing for the story) and I'm struggling to see why the scene with the Sheeran cameo was necessary (though that could still be necessary depending on how it ends next episode).  Even the scene with Dany at the end seemed longer than it should have been with such a short timeline (though it was well done).  I think they could have trimmed down a few other scenes and they should have put a couple of additional scenes in the episode to move the pace a bit faster.

« Reply #1018 on: July 19, 2017, 09:38:45 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Sam's scene imho was perfect ... it showed in a few secs how bad things are going for him and prepared us for a Sam-Mormond story

« Reply #1019 on: July 19, 2017, 10:00:10 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Sam's scene imho was perfect ... it showed in a few secs how bad things are going for him and prepared us for a Sam-Mormond story
The pot scene? Unnecessarily long. I think we got the point pretty early on, there was no point to have the same thing on loop for another half a minute...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."