Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 412071 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #945 on: June 26, 2016, 05:00:43 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
My predictions, Jon will bury Rickon in the crypts and find something.  Personally I'd hope it is the Sword of the Morning but possibly it will be a crypt for him with his parent's name on it. 

Cersi will light up Baleor's temple and kill everyone in there, including Loras, Tommen and Margeory.

The Freys and Jamie have something going on and the Brotherhood without Banners are headed North.  I'm thinking they capture Jaime gets captured by the BWB. 

I doubt we see Brienne and Pod.

I doubt we see Arya. 

The white walkers show up at the wall.

Brans shows us the rest of the Tower of Joy.  Benjen takes Bran back to the wall.

Danny sets sail.

That would actually be a good way for the Tower of Joy scene to be set up - Jon sees his tomb with his real parents' name on it.

« Reply #946 on: June 26, 2016, 05:02:34 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
The horn of winter.  There was a horn found with the buried dragon glass in the show.  Ghost found it in the books but I can't remember who found it in the show.  In the books since Ghost found it you think maybe the Chirldren of the Forest used him to find it and the obsidian weapons. 

Mance says it will bring down the wall.  History says it will "wake the giants."  The giants it will wake are presumably not the Wun Wun type giants who are vegetarians and peaceful but some other kind of giants.  Maybe Dragons, maybe just a different strain of giants.  Maybe the giants are buried in the wall so both are right.

Mance is looking for it in Winterfell's crypts, which won't happen on the show because Mance is dead.  The show seems to have forgotten about the horn but they have also left out Euron's horn Dragonbinder which is what wins him the King's Moot in the books.

Yeah, I knew about dragonbinder, and it seems that they have just excluded it from the show. I'm guessing the same will happen with this one, and the Walkers try to get through the wall some other way, perhaps through the tunnel.

« Reply #947 on: June 26, 2016, 10:24:06 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
R+L= J confirmed as if there was any doubt.   The clues were in the books as well as on the show.   Tonight there was a clue that Dany will seek an ally via marriage and that leaves what Jamie and Jon out of the major houses on the show.

Bran could tell him via dream or treespeak.

« Reply #948 on: June 27, 2016, 12:16:17 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
R+L= J confirmed as if there was any doubt.   The clues were in the books as well as on the show.   Tonight there was a clue that Dany will seek an ally via marriage and that leaves what Jamie and Jon out of the major houses on the show.

My memory is hazy o this.  Robert Barathion had a fling with Ned's sister but he was married to Cersei so she thought RB would have the baby killed.  So Ned kept the baby and claimed it was his Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. son to protect all involved? 
Yup

« Reply #949 on: June 27, 2016, 12:37:00 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

My memory is hazy o this.  Robert Barathion had a fling with Ned's sister but he was married to Cersei so she thought RB would have the baby killed.  So Ned kept the baby and claimed it was his **** son to protect all involved?

Are you talking about R + L = J? No, it's Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark equals Jon. Though everyone said he kidnapped her, raped her, and killed her, they were actually in love and absconded together, and she died during childbirth giving birth to Jon. Lyanna thought Robert would kill the baby since it was a Targaryen, since killing Targaryens was all the rage during Robert's Rebellion, so she had Ned swear to protect him and raise him as his own.

EDIT: Now practically speaking, I don't think it matters much now that he's been claimed as the "White Wolf" and new "King of the North," but I'm certain it'll be very, very important with the battle with the White Walkers being that he's both Fire and Ice.

« Reply #950 on: June 27, 2016, 12:43:18 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
I'm not going to lie, when Tommen killed himself, it gave me a bit of smile knowing that it would hurt Cersei. What a wretched woman. She's ultimately making herself just as much of a villain as the Army of the Dead and the White Walkers. That's going to be one hell of a cat fight next season between her and Daenerys!  ;D

Also, Littlefinger is sketchy AF, huh? I thought his end goal was to marry Sansa and just be the Warden of the North, but he actually is trying to sit on the Iron Throne. He's also not psyched about Jon's new promotion to King of the North, so that's an interesting plot line for next season.

So the prophecy is almost complete, and the little brother is going to kill Cersei. It very well might be Jaime, because I think even he sees the danger of Queen Cersei.

And that was an excellent call by whoever it was to say that Varys would ally Dorne with Daenerys. I'm guessing there's no more "Seven Kingdoms" by the time this is all done.

« Reply #951 on: June 27, 2016, 12:47:04 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

My memory is hazy o this.  Robert Barathion had a fling with Ned's sister but he was married to Cersei so she thought RB would have the baby killed.  So Ned kept the baby and claimed it was his **** son to protect all involved?

Are you talking about R + L = J? No, it's Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark equals Jon. Though everyone said he kidnapped her, raped her, and killed her, they were actually in love and absconded together, and she died during childbirth giving birth to Jon. Lyanna thought Robert would kill the baby since it was a Targaryen, since killing Targaryens was all the rage during Robert's Rebellion, so she had Ned swear to protect him and raise him as his own.

EDIT: Now practically speaking, I don't think it matters much now that he's been claimed as the "White Wolf" and new "King of the North," but I'm certain it'll be very, very important with the battle with the White Walkers being that he's both Fire and Ice.

Thanks
Yup

« Reply #952 on: June 27, 2016, 01:20:49 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'm not going to lie, when Tommen killed himself, it gave me a bit of smile knowing that it would hurt Cersei. What a wretched woman. She's ultimately making herself just as much of a villain as the Army of the Dead and the White Walkers. That's going to be one hell of a cat fight next season between her and Daenerys!  ;D

Also, Littlefinger is sketchy AF, huh? I thought his end goal was to marry Sansa and just be the Warden of the North, but he actually is trying to sit on the Iron Throne. He's also not psyched about Jon's new promotion to King of the North, so that's an interesting plot line for next season.

So the prophecy is almost complete, and the little brother is going to kill Cersei. It very well might be Jaime, because I think even he sees the danger of Queen Cersei.

And that was an excellent call by whoever it was to say that Varys would ally Dorne with Daenerys. I'm guessing there's no more "Seven Kingdoms" by the time this is all done.
I got a bunch of guesses right but man Tommen suicide was not on my radar. Bummed at that one. I think there will be 3 or 5 kingdoms in the end.

« Reply #953 on: June 27, 2016, 01:31:13 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

I got a bunch of guesses right but man Tommen suicide was not on my radar. Bummed at that one. I think there will be 3 or 5 kingdoms in the end.

I thought Tommen would be caught up in the sept and die alongside all of the others, even though Cersei would try and get him out.

I am very surprised that the Walkers and Army of the Dead didn't show up at the wall. With Coldhands talking about the magic built into the wall, it may be setting up for them to use the horn of winter or whatever.

« Reply #954 on: June 27, 2016, 01:44:00 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

I thought Tommen would be caught up in the sept and die alongside all of the others, even though Cersei would try and get him out.

I am very surprised that the Walkers and Army of the Dead didn't show up at the wall. With Coldhands talking about the magic built into the wall, it may be setting up for them to use the horn of winter or whatever.
Yup horn must be in play next season. And I thought Tommen was going to die in fire too. Suicide was so much worse. The kid was all heart till the end. A bard needs to write a song about that death.

« Reply #955 on: June 27, 2016, 01:46:17 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Yup horn must be in play next season. And I thought Tommen was going to die in fire too. Suicide was so much worse. The kid was all heart till the end. A bard needs to write a song about that death.

I think the Arya/Walder Frey part could have been done a little better. That's an issue that I've noticed with many of the season finales for this show. They always put a little too much in, so there's hardly any work up to some of the stories.

Wasn't the "eating of kin" scene some part of a legend as a consequence for violating guest rights or something? I vaguely remember a connection between the two.

« Reply #956 on: June 27, 2016, 02:00:01 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Recap of prediction

Red woman banished to dragon stone.  8)
R+L=J.  8)
Cersei lights up half the city. Only half or less.  8)
Little finger gets Sansa's hand.  ;D
White walkers fine true horn to take down wall.  :)
Brotherhood catch Brienne.  :o
Arya kills Walder Frey. Freys and Lannisters clash.  :)
Dany and Euron sail/ prep ships. A sea battle coming season 7.  8)
Varys meets with Dorne or Manderly house. 8)
Sam is on the run. :(

I think if winds of winter was out the story would be different right now though. Show is a little more predictable right now without the books to help twist things.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 02:23:31 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #957 on: June 27, 2016, 02:41:31 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I guess I'm late to the party, but that was pretty good, eh?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #958 on: June 27, 2016, 04:11:10 AM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
Wow, that was intense.

So many questions!!!

Now Bran knows Jon's backstory, is he the one that informs Jon of his lineage?

Where does Sam's story arc take him? He's not gonna get in that much reading before winter comes to the citadel.

Which side does Jamie take? I'm leaning towards him ditching Cersei...

By my count Arya has 7 more people on her list left alive, who do you think she hits next?

The Danny/Greyjoy/Dorne/granny Tyrell is one dangerous female quad. Who is most likely to turn against the others??

Littlefinger just gets creepier! He didn't look too happy when Sansa shot him down... How do you see him getting his revenge?

I hope the next book comes out before the next TV season so i'll have something to ease the pain of waiting!

« Reply #959 on: June 27, 2016, 08:35:08 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532

It will be one united kingdom at the end under one of the Targarayen rulers or maybe both, though I don't think both Jon and Dany live to the end. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip