Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 415217 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #930 on: June 21, 2016, 10:30:10 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
This episode confirms for me that things will play out differently in the book. For example, Sansa hasn't even met Ramsay in the books, yet, and here she's watching him get eaten by his dogs. Just like Melisandre is still with Stannis at Winterfell, and not at the wall to resurrect Jon.

I wouldn't call this season disappointing, it has been fun to watch, but it's obvious the writers have a hard time writing the series without the books. Many small things that make little to no sense for the books, and lots of filler is creeping into the series.
I actually think they're cutting out most the filler that Martin put in there, sometimes in ways that is unsatisfying or taking short cuts for TV brevity.

Martin is likely having trouble writing the book because he doesn't want to take any shortcuts like that. I think that battle is likely how it plays out, how Sansa gets there will be different though. But no Mance, Spearwives, or fake Arya,etc, etc. All stuff that likely isn't important in the end.

« Reply #931 on: June 21, 2016, 10:56:04 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Man what a great one.

Do you think we'll see any of Bran or the White Walkers next episode? It didn't show anything in the previews, but from what everyone thinks the Army of the Dead is going to reach the Wall or something - hence the "Winds of Winter" title with the book.
Bran was shown quickly in preview. Based on preview there will be
-trial of Lancel
-Little finger's next move
-Danny making hard choices. Maybe having to compromise with a enemy/red faith or giving up on taking everyone with her.
-Bran about to attempt to green see again.
-Lannisters and Freys meeting, (lol at Jamie and all his men staying in full armor at feast).
-Jon and Sansa having to forgive some of the houses that betrayed them or get past the fact that Sansa never told Jon about the troops of the vale that costed Jon at least 50% of his army. (Additional 40% was Ramsey got Jon to abandon plan so 90% actually gone).
-Red woman trial? I'm guessing she is banished to return to Dragon stone for dragon glass or look for Gendry the last Baratheon.

I'm hoping to see Whites dig up horn to take down wall instead of them already being at the wall. To soon for them to be at wall Dany is still in Mereen. Also want the green seeing to be Bran learns of R+L=J. I can see Cersei not burning down whole city but making sure the Sept goes up and some other major sites killing her enemies. Ash can look like snow falling. I also would love to see Arya go Euron on Walder Frey killing him with no witnesses then Freys and Lannisters go at it because Freys accuse Lannisters. We will have to see.

« Reply #932 on: June 21, 2016, 11:03:23 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This episode confirms for me that things will play out differently in the book. For example, Sansa hasn't even met Ramsay in the books, yet, and here she's watching him get eaten by his dogs. Just like Melisandre is still with Stannis at Winterfell, and not at the wall to resurrect Jon.

I wouldn't call this season disappointing, it has been fun to watch, but it's obvious the writers have a hard time writing the series without the books. Many small things that make little to no sense for the books, and lots of filler is creeping into the series.
Melisandre is with Jon at the Wall.  She never leaves with Stannis.

Sansa will arrive with Littlefinger (or Harold) and the Knights to save Jon's army and they will be reunited at that time.  Basically the same thing that happened except no Sansa ahead of time.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #933 on: June 22, 2016, 08:16:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I was thinking it would be a great way to close the season with Bran and Arya arriving back at Winterfell to be reunited with Sansa and Jon.  That would be a very powerful scene.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #934 on: June 22, 2016, 08:35:07 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Melisandre is with Jon at the Wall.  She never leaves with Stannis.

Sansa will arrive with Littlefinger (or Harold) and the Knights to save Jon's army and they will be reunited at that time.  Basically the same thing that happened except no Sansa ahead of time.

You're right, Melisandre is at the Wall.

Again, it's many small details that make me think Martin has at least one big twist up his sleeve, and it's also obvious to me, from certain inconsistencies and sub-par dialogue, that the writers have only bullet points to go by. It really is hard to pinpoint one specific thing, though.

Of course, I'm only guessing here, so I might as well be completely wrong.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:43:08 AM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #935 on: June 25, 2016, 02:37:38 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I was thinking it would be a great way to close the season with Bran and Arya arriving back at Winterfell to be reunited with Sansa and Jon.  That would be a very powerful scene.

So, apparently we ARE going to see another Tower of Joy flashback in the season finale, which very well could mean that Bran makes it back to Winterfell. This is because Rickon will be buried down in the crypts of Winterfell by Ned, and who else is buried down there? Lyana Stark. There's nothing more powerful to stir up his greensight than being at her tomb!

However, he also could just make it to the Wall and hear the news there. He could just use his sight then to see the funeral, which would to him seeing Lyana and the flashback blah blah blah.

Of course, Littlefinger could ruin everything for us by just letting it slip since he apparently knows the truth, too. That would actually be the first screen time that the two have shared together, wouldn't it? That'd be a perfect opportunity for him to tell him of his true Stark/Targaryen heritage as the outright Stark Warden of the North.

« Reply #936 on: June 26, 2016, 03:05:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
I can't believe it's the season finale already. What in the world are we going to do with NO basketball and NO Game of Thrones?! This is even more frustrating due to the fact that it seems the next two seasons will be much shorter than the rest, 7 and 6 episodes, respectively.

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/04/15/game-of-thrones-final-2-seasons-could-be-much-shorter-than-10-episodes/

So what are your predictions for the season finale? Here are mine:

1) Cersei is found guilty at her trial, and she uses Wildfire to burn down at least the Throne Room, if not the entire city.

2) R + L = J is confirmed. I think this either happens through a Bran flashback (most likely) OR by Littlefinger confirming this theory and legitimizing Jon as a true Stark and legitimate Warden of the North for Winterfell. Perhaps he uses Howland Reed (that's him, right?) for evidence of this?

3) The Walkers reach the wall, though I think that will be the cliffhanger for next season.

Speaking of Littlefinger, the Stark children HAVE to find out his role in Ned's murder by the time this thing ends, right? I'm guessing Sansa ends up killing him after finding out about his role in the Ned's death towards the end of the show.

What predictions do you have for tonight?

« Reply #937 on: June 26, 2016, 03:19:38 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I can't believe it's the season finale already. What in the world are we going to do with NO basketball and NO Game of Thrones?! This is even more frustrating due to the fact that it seems the next two seasons will be much shorter than the rest, 7 and 6 episodes, respectively.

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/04/15/game-of-thrones-final-2-seasons-could-be-much-shorter-than-10-episodes/

1) Cersei is found guilty at her trial, and she uses Wildfire to burn down at least the Throne Room, if not the entire city.

2) R + L = J is confirmed. I think this either happens through a Bran flashback (most likely) OR by Littlefinger confirming this theory and legitimizing Jon as a true Stark and legitimate Warden of the North for Winterfell. Perhaps he uses Howland Reed (that's him, right?) for evidence of this?

3) The Walkers reach the wall, though I think that will be the cliffhanger for next season.

Speaking of Littlefinger, the Stark children HAVE to find out his role in Ned's murder by the time this thing ends, right? I'm guessing Sansa ends up killing him after finding out about his role in the Ned's death towards the end of the show.

1) That's a good prediction and will be fun to watch.

2). I don't think that will be confirmed tonight. I expect that to be dragged out much longer.

3). That sounds about right.

I think LF will continue on into late in the series.  He will be fine for now and even a bigger player later on.

I'm really curious to how they handle Sansa.  She repeatedly lied to Jon about the Knights of the Vale over the past few episodes.  I can't figure out if they have written her character poorly or if her behavior is going to blow up into a major issue later and/or she is going to develop into a dislikable character similar to Cersei.

Daenarys will leave for Westeros with her fleet to end the show.

What's happening with Arya?

« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 03:26:22 PM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #938 on: June 26, 2016, 03:34:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Throne room? Nah, I think she will burn the Sept.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #939 on: June 26, 2016, 03:44:15 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'm going
Red woman banished to dragon stone.
R+L=J.
Cersei lights up half the city. Only half or less.
Little finger gets Sansa's hand.
White walkers fine true horn to take down wall.
Brotherhood catch Brienne.
Arya kills Walder Frey. Freys and Lannisters clash.
Dany and Euron sail/ prep ships. A sea battle coming season 7.
Varys meets with Dorne or Manderly house.
Sam is on the run.

« Reply #940 on: June 26, 2016, 04:29:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Throne room? Nah, I think she will burn the Sept.

Isn't the throne room where the trials take place? That's where Tyrion's trial was held, I think. Of course, that very well could change now with the Sparrows. However, in Daenerys' vision in season 2 the throne room is torched with either snow or ash falling down, which makes me think it's at least the throne room, too. Sept will probably go, too.

« Reply #941 on: June 26, 2016, 04:31:24 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

1) That's a good prediction and will be fun to watch.

2). I don't think that will be confirmed tonight. I expect that to be dragged out much longer.

3). That sounds about right.

I think LF will continue on into late in the series.  He will be fine for now and even a bigger player later on.

I'm really curious to how they handle Sansa.  She repeatedly lied to Jon about the Knights of the Vale over the past few episodes.  I can't figure out if they have written her character poorly or if her behavior is going to blow up into a major issue later and/or she is going to develop into a dislikable character similar to Cersei.

Daenarys will leave for Westeros with her fleet to end the show.

What's happening with Arya?

Well, there's supposedly a Tower of Joy scene confirmed for tonight, and with it being the season finale, I can't see them having a scene like that without revealing it.

« Reply #942 on: June 26, 2016, 04:34:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
I'm going
Red woman banished to dragon stone.
R+L=J.
Cersei lights up half the city. Only half or less.
Little finger gets Sansa's hand.
White walkers fine true horn to take down wall.
Brotherhood catch Brienne.
Arya kills Walder Frey. Freys and Lannisters clash.
Dany and Euron sail/ prep ships. A sea battle coming season 7.
Varys meets with Dorne or Manderly house.
Sam is on the run.

What is "true horn?"

I also think something happens with the Lannisters and Freys. I would LOVE for Lady Stoneheart and the Brotherhood without Banners to slaughtered them all, though I think that ship has sailed.  :(

The Varys/Dorne thing is interesting. I could very well see him negotiating terms where adorned backs Daenerys' claim, especially due to the ties held between them via marriage previously.

« Reply #943 on: June 26, 2016, 04:48:11 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
The horn of winter.  There was a horn found with the buried dragon glass in the show.  Ghost found it in the books but I can't remember who found it in the show.  In the books since Ghost found it you think maybe the Chirldren of the Forest used him to find it and the obsidian weapons. 

Mance says it will bring down the wall.  History says it will "wake the giants."  The giants it will wake are presumably not the Wun Wun type giants who are vegetarians and peaceful but some other kind of giants.  Maybe Dragons, maybe just a different strain of giants.  Maybe the giants are buried in the wall so both are right.

Mance is looking for it in Winterfell's crypts, which won't happen on the show because Mance is dead.  The show seems to have forgotten about the horn but they have also left out Euron's horn Dragonbinder which is what wins him the King's Moot in the books.

« Reply #944 on: June 26, 2016, 04:57:13 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
My predictions, Jon will bury Rickon in the crypts and find something.  Personally I'd hope it is the Sword of the Morning but possibly it will be a crypt for him with his parent's name on it. 

Cersi will light up Baleor's temple and kill everyone in there, including Loras, Tommen and Margeory.

The Freys and Jamie have something going on and the Brotherhood without Banners are headed North.  I'm thinking they capture Jaime gets captured by the BWB. 

I doubt we see Brienne and Pod.

I doubt we see Arya. 

The white walkers show up at the wall.

Brans shows us the rest of the Tower of Joy.  Benjen takes Bran back to the wall.

Danny sets sail.