Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 412098 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #750 on: May 02, 2016, 04:30:56 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Jon Snow coming back  was obvious to anyone but a blatant Dany supporter, whose support for her blinded them.
I kind of expect her to be the last big shocking death. 

Jon gonna get his family dragons and beat down some ice zombies on his way to the throne.
Either could die, but if they do I expect it to be while riding a dragon battling the walkers. Lots of references to three dragons with three riders in the books and show.
If Jon dies, it's the end of the story.  Imo, the entire thing is basically his heroes journey.  Everyone else is secondary - including Dany.  She exists to reintroduce dragons to the world.  She's not essential to the end game.

I agree. Jon's the Song of Ice and Fire incarnate. I was just thinking that Dany dying in the final battle would actually make a lot of sense.

« Reply #751 on: May 02, 2016, 04:34:31 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Jon Snow coming back  was obvious to anyone but a blatant Dany supporter, whose support for her blinded them.

Jon gonna get his family dragons and beat down some ice zombies on his way to the throne.
Either could die, but if they do I expect it to be while riding a dragon battling the walkers. Lots of references to three dragons with three riders in the books and show.
If Jon dies, it's the end of the story.  Imo, the entire thing is basically his heroes journey.  Everyone else is secondary - including Dany.  She exists to reintroduce dragons to the world.  She's not essential to the end game.
Ive heard a bunch of theories that there will be 3 dragon riders. Jon Snow seems the obvious fit for 1 of them, Dany another and some think Tyrion or Bran would be the third. Dont hate the theory, but havent read past the first book so Ive got no idea if thats legit.

Either way, I suppose Dany could be killed, but I dont see it. I cant imagine the dragons being OK serving someone else, but that may have been the direction they were going yesterday when Tyrion was able to deal with them without dying.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #752 on: May 02, 2016, 04:35:42 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I agree. Jon's the Song of Ice and Fire incarnate. I was just thinking that Dany dying in the final battle would actually make a lot of sense.
yes, but I dont see it happening prior to the final battle. I could also see Jon Snow dying in that final battle in some sort of heroic effort.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #753 on: May 02, 2016, 09:36:29 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Snow coming back like he did makes him less likely to be a Targaryan.  There wasn't any fire involved.  And even Danny didn't get resurrected though she is clearly at least Valaryan if not a Targaryan.

If you look at the people brought back in the books, Caitlynn Stark,  Berric Dondarian, and Sandor Clegane (alluded to), none of them are Targaryan or even Valaryan.  So why would Jon be?  It is more likely Jon is the child of Brandon Stark and Ashara Dayne and there was a baby swap with the daughter of Lyanna and Rheagar since Danny couldn't possibly pass as a **** child of Ned and some commoner.

Brandon Stark died in King's Landing, well away from Ashara Dayne.   Sir Barristan Del Selmy loved her.   She was not at the Tower of Joy.   She killed herself when Ned brought her brother's sword.   But I would ask you this?   Why in the books did Lyanna make Ned promise, if this were the case? 

They also showed Lyanna last week, so  would bet  R+L= J will be confirmed.  If so he is has the best claim to the Iron Throne.  We shall see.  Were Brandon his father, Jon have a strong claim to Winterfell.   Would Ned, with his honor, not step aside for this matter.   Probably more likely she fell in love with Ned, the man who killed her brother.

Recall the talk in the crypts in season 5.  “The Sons of the Harpy”, the fourth episode in Season 5 of Game of Thrones

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillaume/littlefinger-knows?utm_term=.naKDn4p4yl#.gaJjNAOALm

More on the blue rose

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Blue_winter_rose

A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness...

With the Hints above and the wall, probably has nothing to do with Jon, though right?  JK

They probably had this talk for a reason.  Hint Hint.

« Reply #754 on: May 02, 2016, 10:35:38 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I think Snow coming back like he did makes him less likely to be a Targaryan.  There wasn't any fire involved.  And even Danny didn't get resurrected though she is clearly at least Valaryan if not a Targaryan.

If you look at the people brought back in the books, Caitlynn Stark,  Berric Dondarian, and Sandor Clegane (alluded to), none of them are Targaryan or even Valaryan.  So why would Jon be?  It is more likely Jon is the child of Brandon Stark and Ashara Dayne and there was a baby swap with the daughter of Lyanna and Rheagar since Danny couldn't possibly pass as a **** child of Ned and some commoner.

Brandon Stark died in King's Landing, well away from Ashara Dayne.   Sir Barristan Del Selmy loved her.   She was not at the Tower of Joy.   She killed herself when Ned brought her brother's sword.   But I would ask you this?   Why in the books did Lyanna make Ned promise, if this were the case? 

They also showed Lyanna last week, so  would bet  R+L= J will be confirmed.  If so he is has the best claim to the Iron Throne.  We shall see.  Were Brandon his father, Jon have a strong claim to Winterfell.   Would Ned, with his honor, not step aside for this matter.   Probably more likely she fell in love with Ned, the man who killed her brother.

Recall the talk in the crypts in season 5.  “The Sons of the Harpy”, the fourth episode in Season 5 of Game of Thrones

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillaume/littlefinger-knows?utm_term=.naKDn4p4yl#.gaJjNAOALm

More on the blue rose

A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness...

With the Hints above and the wall, probably has nothing to do with Jon, though right?  JK

Either Ned or Brandon probably slept with Ashara at the Harrenhall Tourney.  But your assertion that Brandon died well away from Ashara is wrong.  Ashara was the handmaiden of Elia Martel in King's landing whenBrandon was killed there by the mad King.  The tv series might simplify it, but in the book I seriously doubt Jon Snow is the son of Lyanna and Rhygaer. 

Lyanna made Ned promise to take care of her Targaryan baby.  You know, the one with silver hair and purple eyes like Targaryan's have.  Ned couldn't pass a silver haired girl off as his so he went way out of his way to take the baby to someone who could care for a Targaryan baby in a place where the Baratheons couldn't reach her, Dorne.  You know the place that grows lemon trees Danny remembers from her youth.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:46:53 PM by danglertx »

« Reply #755 on: May 03, 2016, 01:24:33 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
 ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #756 on: May 03, 2016, 02:33:11 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
If all three (Daenerys, Jon, and Tyrion) end up living at the end, which seems doubtful since Martin himself has said he would like it to be a bittersweet ending, then I think it would make sense for Daenerys to sit on the Iron Throne, Tyrion to be her Hand of the King, and Jon to be Warden of the North, including ruling over the wildlings south of the Wall. That'd finally lead to a stable kingdom with the North being in line with King's Landing in the South.

« Reply #757 on: May 03, 2016, 06:20:54 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

More on the blue rose

Either Ned or Brandon probably slept with Ashara at the Harrenhall Tourney.  But your assertion that Brandon died well away from Ashara is wrong.  Ashara was the handmaiden of Elia Martel in King's landing whenBrandon was killed there by the mad King.  The tv series might simplify it, but in the book I seriously doubt Jon Snow is the son of Lyanna and Rhygaer. 

Lyanna made Ned promise to take care of her Targaryan baby.  You know, the one with silver hair and purple eyes like Targaryan's have.  Ned couldn't pass a silver haired girl off as his so he went way out of his way to take the baby to someone who could care for a Targaryan baby in a place where the Baratheons couldn't reach her, Dorne.  You know the place that grows lemon trees Danny remembers from her youth.

When the shows two creators pitched Martin on doing the HBO series, apparently he made them guess who Jon Snow's parents really were and they got it right. So I don't think that it's going to be different in the books and the show.

And after last week with Lyanna popping up and with the Tower of Joy being teased, I can't imagine it's going to be anything else but R+L=J.

« Reply #758 on: May 03, 2016, 07:35:13 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
If all three (Daenerys, Jon, and Tyrion) end up living at the end, which seems doubtful since Martin himself has said he would like it to be a bittersweet ending, then I think it would make sense for Daenerys to sit on the Iron Throne, Tyrion to be her Hand of the King, and Jon to be Warden of the North, including ruling over the wildlings south of the Wall. That'd finally lead to a stable kingdom with the North being in line with King's Landing in the South.
makes too much sense, ha!
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #759 on: May 03, 2016, 07:45:46 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The tv series might simplify it, but in the book I seriously doubt Jon Snow is the son of Lyanna and Rhygaer. 

Like I said, Dany supporters are in denial.  You contradict yourself.   Who has the purple eyes and silver hair, Jon?   Or Dany?   Some do think that were twins, some would point out that there was a gap in Jon's ages.   We will find out next week. 

There was much in the open about Dany being Azor Ahai.   But the clues are there with Jon as well but they are subtle.   I ask you are open clues, the nuggets that Martin has said that people figured it and he would not change the story, that all could see would be the stuff that people would figure it out?   Or the subtle ones like the star on Sir Patrek's surcoat.  Not all would see that would they?   But any dang fool could see the Danny ones.

http://www.avclub.com/article/george-rr-martin-says-some-fans-have-already-figur-208060

Hint, your not catching the subtle ones.

Ashara went to Starfall, my friend.

House Dayne's loyalty to House Targaryen during the War of the Usurper led to the deaths of some of its most famed members. Ser Arthur died at the tower of joy, killed by Lord Eddard Stark, who was possibly aided by Lord Howland Reed. Afterward, Eddard returned Dawn to Starfall.[9] Ashara had been a lady-in-waiting to Princess Elia Martell for a few years when she went back to Starfall for unknown reasons. Given Dawn and the news of her brother’s death by Eddard, she threw herself into the Summer Sea from the Palestone Sword. Her body was never recovered. According to her sister, Lady Allyria, Ashara loved Eddard.  Many believe her or the wet-nurse Wylla to be the mother of Eddard's Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again., Jon Snow

http://m.westeros.org/index.php/House_Dayne

Some believe her to be Jon Snow's mother, but I think people more people subscribe to R+L=J , now, especially given the clues on the show..  We will see this week, you act as if your the only one who has read the book, yet you were unable to address the blue rose.   You presume much if you assume I have only seen the show.   The showrunners know the ending, they know how it gets there as well.

But go ahead and believe what thou wilt, we will know Sunday.   You could be right, but I doubt it.  I think Jon and Dany are both important to the ending.   Some people blindly support one or the other.   I think her dragons are important and Jon will be the one who betrays her out of love.

« Reply #760 on: May 03, 2016, 08:22:45 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

More on the blue rose

he'd still be a (child out of wedlock) though. So his claim would be debatable
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 08:51:06 AM by GratefulCs »
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #761 on: May 03, 2016, 08:30:44 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I could very easily see the show going with Lyanna to make it easier for fans to understand.  I think the books will probably go a different way.  Either way, I can't wait to see Aurthur Dayne and how badass he is, if Aurthor really dies, because in the books Jojen just tells Bran Aurthor would have killed Ned if his father, Howland Reed, didn't save him.  It doesn't say Howland killed Dayne.  Otherwise not taking Aurthur's bones back to his family is really disrespectful.

« Reply #762 on: May 08, 2016, 05:34:06 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
So it's pretty much set in stone that R + L = J will be confirmed tonight, right? It's no coincidence that today is Mother's Day. If you remember back to season four, Tyrion killed Tywin in the season finale on Father's Day, so with Bran flashing back to the Tower of Joy scene tonight on Mother's Day, it's almost got to be that R + L = J will be confirmed tonight.

Here's an interesting new theory that a friend of mine just told me about: R + L = J + M. I won't spoil anything for anybody, because you can google that theory yourself. But I'm guessing the books might go that route instead of reviving Jon, which would keep the books in a substantially narrative than the show. What do you think? Here's a link to an article explaining the theory for anyone interested: http://www.avclub.com/article/new-game-thrones-fan-theory-adds-m-rlj-224589

« Reply #763 on: May 08, 2016, 11:15:01 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
It seems like most, if not all theories are slowly, but surely being confirmed. But somehow, it gets me even more excited...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #764 on: May 08, 2016, 11:30:45 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
A Rickon sighting!
Yup