Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 415137 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #720 on: May 01, 2016, 10:26:35 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Jon Snow is really the son of Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister, hence her appearance in Bran's flashback today) and Rhaegar Targaryean (Dany's oldest brother, not the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.bag one killed on the show). He's debatably the Song of Ice (Stark) and Fire (Targaryean) personified and almost definitely the hero of the whole story. So there was never really anyway he was ever dead for good.

Melisandre is some sort of witch who has magic powers and was able to bring him back.

As for the dead girl, that was Jamie and Cersei's daughter Myrcella, killed in season 5's finale by the Dornish women.

« Reply #721 on: May 01, 2016, 11:21:44 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
HE LIVES!!

I'm so glad they didn't draw that out too much like The Walking Dead. It was pretty well done, too, though with as much emphasis as they put on Ghost I thought he was ultimately going to warg into him.

And, yeah, is it just me or was that the Tower of Joy scene that was displayed for next week's episode? A lot of fan theories could be proven right!

« Reply #722 on: May 01, 2016, 11:32:41 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
HE LIVES!!

I'm so glad they didn't draw that out too much like The Walking Dead. It was pretty well done, too, though with as much emphasis as they put on Ghost I thought he was ultimately going to warg into him.

And, yeah, is it just me or was that the Tower of Joy scene that was displayed for next week's episode? A lot of fan theories could be proven right!

Yep. That was definitely the Tower of Joy, especially after they decided to (literally) trot Lyanna Stark in this episode for no real reason.

« Reply #723 on: May 01, 2016, 11:40:49 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
HE LIVES!!

Yep. That was definitely the Tower of Joy, especially after they decided to (literally) trot Lyanna Stark in this episode for no real reason.

Inquiring minds want to know more about young Hodor.
Yup

« Reply #724 on: May 01, 2016, 11:47:03 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
HE LIVES!!

Indeed. I'm wondering if he had some sort of trauma from the White Walkers or something else that made him like that and whether that will play into something later, especially after either young Ned or your Benji makes a comment about how he'd be unstoppable as a fighter.

« Reply #725 on: May 02, 2016, 12:07:58 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
HE LIVES!!

i bet he was a knight at the tower of joy fighting for the starks
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 11:20:52 AM by GratefulCs »
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #726 on: May 02, 2016, 12:11:48 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
HE LIVES!!

i bet he was a knoght at the tower of joy fighting for the starks

I don't think so. He's just a commoner as the show pointed out tonight. And though I have only read the first book, I believe the books are very specific about who Ned has with him at the Tower of Joy, so I don't think they could slip that by people.

The rumor of giant blood and northern connections for him may play into this all though.

« Reply #727 on: May 02, 2016, 12:11:55 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I knew st some point that they are going to bring Jon Snow back, but I didn't expect it in EPISODE 2.

HOLY MOLLY! That was awesome.

Also, I never thought of hate a character more than I hated Joffrey. Ramsey is on a whole different level...

What and episode.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #728 on: May 02, 2016, 12:21:41 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I knew st some point that they are going to bring Jon Snow back, but I didn't expect it in EPISODE 2.

HOLY MOLLY! That was awesome.

Also, I never thought of hate a character more than I hated Joffrey. Ramsey is on a whole different level...

What and episode.

Yeah, I really can't believe they went to "killing newborn baby and mother via dogs" level.

For some reason, though, I still don't hate him as much as Joffrey. Ramsey is cruel and sadistic for sure, but a lot of his actions have reason behind them, e.g. killing his newborn brother had a reason behind it. A lot of what Joffrey did was because he was just a...... well, for lack of a better word, a terrible person. It also might be that Joffrey's character is just more "hatable," too, because he's someone that was hated from the very beginning. Ramsey, on the other hand, actually looked like the good guy for awhile by stopping Theon's occupation of Winterfell, even if he still was sadistic during that period.

« Reply #729 on: May 02, 2016, 01:19:08 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Glad they didn't drag that out.  Everyone knew he was coming back.  He's the Luke skywalker of the series.  The whole thing is leading towards him taking the throne.

« Reply #730 on: May 02, 2016, 01:21:27 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Jon Snow is really the son of Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister, hence her appearance in Bran's flashback today) and Rhaegar Targaryean (Dany's oldest brother, not the ****bag one killed on the show). He's debatably the Song of Ice (Stark) and Fire (Targaryean) personified and almost definitely the hero of the whole story. So there was never really anyway he was ever dead for good.

Melisandre is some sort of witch who has magic powers and was able to bring him back.

As for the dead girl, that was Jamie and Cersei's daughter Myrcella, killed in season 5's finale by the Dornish women.
yeah that's clearly where it's going.  The only reason it wouldn't go in that direction is because everyone has already guessed it and they want to have some arbitrary surprises.  But that would be really bad storytelling. The whole story has built towards that reveal.

« Reply #731 on: May 02, 2016, 01:49:20 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Jon Snow is really the son of Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister, hence her appearance in Bran's flashback today) and Rhaegar Targaryean (Dany's oldest brother, not the ****bag one killed on the show). He's debatably the Song of Ice (Stark) and Fire (Targaryean) personified and almost definitely the hero of the whole story. So there was never really anyway he was ever dead for good.

yeah that's clearly where it's going.  The only reason it wouldn't go in that direction is because everyone has already guessed it and they want to have some arbitrary surprises.  But that would be really bad storytelling. The whole story has built towards that reveal.
We have Martin to thank to sticking to the plan despite guesses. He clues readers and wants to reward them. He said he would never change things for the sake of keeping readers off balance. He says that isn't honoring the readers or fans. Many other writers would have absolutely switched things up to keep people guessing longer.

« Reply #732 on: May 02, 2016, 07:22:30 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Jon Snow coming back  was obvious to anyone but a blatant Dany supporter, whose support for her blinded them.

« Reply #733 on: May 02, 2016, 08:30:52 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I think Snow coming back like he did makes him less likely to be a Targaryan.  There wasn't any fire involved.  And even Danny didn't get resurrected though she is clearly at least Valaryan if not a Targaryan.

If you look at the people brought back in the books, Caitlynn Stark,  Berric Dondarian, and Sandor Clegane (alluded to), none of them are Targaryan or even Valaryan.  So why would Jon be?  It is more likely Jon is the child of Brandon Stark and Ashara Dayne and there was a baby swap with the daughter of Lyanna and Rheagar since Danny couldn't possibly pass as a Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. child of Ned and some commoner.

« Reply #734 on: May 02, 2016, 08:58:02 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think Snow coming back like he did makes him less likely to be a Targaryan.  There wasn't any fire involved.  And even Danny didn't get resurrected though she is clearly at least Valaryan if not a Targaryan.

If you look at the people brought back in the books, Caitlynn Stark,  Berric Dondarian, and Sandor Clegane (alluded to), none of them are Targaryan or even Valaryan.  So why would Jon be?  It is more likely Jon is the child of Brandon Stark and Ashara Dayne and there was a baby swap with the daughter of Lyanna and Rheagar since Danny couldn't possibly pass as a **** child of Ned and some commoner.
Interesting theory, but Dany hasn't come back from the dead so I'm not sure it really plays with your thinking.  Coming back from the dead and surviving fire are two very different things. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip