Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 415154 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #705 on: April 15, 2016, 03:17:23 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I saw something similar but contrary to that theory, Moranis.

What I saw suggested that Jon Snow's body would be placed in the ice of the wall, preserving him, until at some point he is resurrected.

In this way Jon would be reborn via ice, whereas Dany was reborn by fire.  This would continue the notion that they are equal opposites that need to come together in order to bring the series to its conclusion (Ice & Fire).

The textual support for this was pretty sparse, but it mentioned a vision Dany has in the lair of the warlocks that showed a flower growing out of ice.

On the other hand, maybe Jon is fire in the same way Dany is fire -- both Targaryen -- and the Ice & Fire thing is all about the "fire" of the dragons versus the "ice" of the White Walkers.
I don't buy that one.  They burn bodies at the wall so they don't rise from the dead. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #706 on: April 15, 2016, 03:28:22 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think Jon gets resurrected in the first episode.  Can't see any reason to drag that out as they need to advance his storyline.
In the teaser they put out the Onion Knight, Ghost and a couple guys were defending Jon's body. I think the reason they were doing this was so that they can prevent it from getting burned at the wall. I think they will take have a couple episodes of Davos traveling with the body to bring it back to the North.

As far as why they would wait on bringing him back, I think they want to establish Sansa as the leader of the North and they couldn't do that if Jon came immediately. I'm assuming Jon will go back to north and not stay at the night's watch once he's revived.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #707 on: April 15, 2016, 03:34:42 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

What I saw suggested that Jon Snow's body would be placed in the ice of the wall, preserving him, until at some point he is resurrected.

In this way Jon would be reborn via ice, whereas Dany was reborn by fire.  This would continue the notion that they are equal opposites that need to come together in order to bring the series to its conclusion (Ice & Fire).

The textual support for this was pretty sparse, but it mentioned a vision Dany has in the lair of the warlocks that showed a flower growing out of ice.

On the other hand, maybe Jon is fire in the same way Dany is fire -- both Targaryen -- and the Ice & Fire thing is all about the "fire" of the dragons versus the "ice" of the White Walkers.
I don't buy that one.  They burn bodies at the wall so they don't rise from the dead.

Well, maybe that's the plot device that leads to his resurrection. If he's really a Targaryen (and a heroic one) like Dany, does he not burn?

« Reply #708 on: April 15, 2016, 03:35:54 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah, I think it'll be 3-4 episodes before Jon gets resurrected.

They've harped so much on the "Jon is definitely dead!" thing that I think they'll want to try to get people to buy into the idea that perhaps he's really done for good before bringing him back.

It helps that in the show they never introduced the "Lady Stoneheart" character.  Between her and Beric, the books make very clear that death is not necessarily the end for a character (and on top of that there's whatever is done to bring back Gregor Clegane after a fashion).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #709 on: April 15, 2016, 03:52:18 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Well, maybe that's the plot device that leads to his resurrection. If he's really a Targaryen (and a heroic one) like Dany, does he not burn?
No I meant white walker zombie rise from the dead.  That has happened numerous times at the wall so they just burn everyone now.  No burying of any kind or else you face a zombie version of that person.

« Reply #710 on: April 15, 2016, 03:53:39 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
I think Jon gets resurrected in the first episode.  Can't see any reason to drag that out as they need to advance his storyline.
In the teaser they put out the Onion Knight, Ghost and a couple guys were defending Jon's body. I think the reason they were doing this was so that they can prevent it from getting burned at the wall. I think they will take have a couple episodes of Davos traveling with the body to bring it back to the North.

As far as why they would wait on bringing him back, I think they want to establish Sansa as the leader of the North and they couldn't do that if Jon came immediately. I'm assuming Jon will go back to north and not stay at the night's watch once he's revived.
Sansa is on the run with Theon.  She is not going to be a ruler in the North until her "uncle" Littlefinger shows up with the Knights of the Vale to re-take Winterfell.  Of course by then Rickon will probably be back and males are ahead of females in the chain of succession.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 04:05:36 PM by Moranis »

« Reply #711 on: April 15, 2016, 04:10:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm sure someone pointed it out in an earlier thread, but just a random observation from someone who never read the books and accidentally stumbled on a couple Thrones wiki articles...

It seems clear to me that one of the major reasons they didn't bring back Momma Stark was because they didn't want to blow their "resurrection" bit too early.   Maybe in the books people are resurrected all the time, but in a TV show it would be seen as a cop-out trope to do it twice.   They introduced the possibility several seasons ago - and now very clearly that will pay off with Jon Targarayan. 

« Reply #712 on: April 24, 2016, 08:55:54 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
What's better than a Celtics win to tie up the playoff series?

Getting to watch the series premier of Game of Thrones right after it!

« Reply #713 on: April 24, 2016, 09:07:44 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
What's better than a Celtics win to tie up the playoff series?

Getting to watch the series premier of Game of Thrones right after it!
lol totally

« Reply #714 on: April 24, 2016, 10:59:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I knew they'd make us wait with Jon, but it seems pretty clear that they're going to try and have the Red Witch bring him back to life. Between Davos saying they could ask the Red Witch for help and her saying she saw him in the fire fighting in Winterfell, they're setting the story up for it. Unfortunately, I think they'll play it out over the season with Jon and Sansa, after being brought to the Wall by Brienne, ultimately battling Ramsay Bolton at the Wall before marching south to take back Winterfell.

And how about what's going on in Dorne?! Pretty crazy stuff!

« Reply #715 on: April 25, 2016, 02:09:25 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I knew they'd make us wait with Jon, but it seems pretty clear that they're going to try and have the Red Witch bring him back to life. Between Davos saying they could ask the Red Witch for help and her saying she saw him in the fire fighting in Winterfell, they're setting the story up for it. Unfortunately, I think they'll play it out over the season with Jon and Sansa, after being brought to the Wall by Brienne, ultimately battling Ramsay Bolton at the Wall before marching south to take back Winterfell.

And how about what's going on in Dorne?! Pretty crazy stuff!
I really do not know what from the books will be in the series. One thing I really want is for Danny to train her dragons and if they could go back in the past like a flashback.

« Reply #716 on: April 25, 2016, 03:02:15 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Dorne stuff was crazy. Rest was expected and similar to books. Definitely can see Sansa playing the role of Stone heart now her group growing and absorbing the bwb. Things could start to turn for the Starks.

« Reply #717 on: May 01, 2016, 10:06:23 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Jon Snow back

somebody help me!!!

« Reply #718 on: May 01, 2016, 10:07:42 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
who was the girl laying dead when jamie was talking to that holier than tho dude

i need answers

« Reply #719 on: May 01, 2016, 10:24:32 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
who was the girl laying dead when jamie was talking to that holier than tho dude

i need answers
Myrcella