Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 413121 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #600 on: August 31, 2015, 03:02:10 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It's open season for rumours, I guess. There's no actual written content to go by, so everything is fair game.

This rumor is directly related to written content that hasn't shown up on the show yet.  So not quite the same thing.

I don't know, having Lady Stoneheart show up abruptly so long after the Red Wedding seems a little contrived, since they'd have to explain what she'd been doing for the year or so that's passed in Westeros since then.  But I'd be curious to see where they'd go with it, and if it somehow brought us more Blackfish that'd be cool.  And the Brotherhood Without Banners have pretty much disappeared since having a major role in Season 3, so a little closure there would be nice too.

Agreed about the Brotherhood.  I don't need Lady Stoneheart, but that storyline feels like it was dropped too abruptly.

Also could use some better resolution to The Hound, though we may never get one.

Yeah it seemed like the BwB was supposed to be a major force in Westeros but kinda got backburnered, in the books but especially the show, due to keeping up with general narrative bloat.

As for the Hound, well, the much anticipated CleganeBowl may be coming sooner than later.  I've always felt like their fight way back in Season 1 was foreshadowing a more important confrontation later.  Seems odd to have them both still kicking around (potentially in the Hound's case, though it's a lot clearer he survived in the books) but never have them cross paths again.

« Reply #601 on: August 31, 2015, 04:50:25 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Hound is easily one of my favorite characters (Martin really seems to do a better job with the misfit types), so I hope there's more to his story.

The "Every chicken in this room" line from Sandor was one of my favorite moments in the show.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #602 on: August 31, 2015, 07:04:55 PM »

Offline GreenGoggles

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 76
It's open season for rumours, I guess. There's no actual written content to go by, so everything is fair game.

This rumor is directly related to written content that hasn't shown up on the show yet.  So not quite the same thing.

I don't know, having Lady Stoneheart show up abruptly so long after the Red Wedding seems a little contrived, since they'd have to explain what she'd been doing for the year or so that's passed in Westeros since then.  But I'd be curious to see where they'd go with it, and if it somehow brought us more Blackfish that'd be cool.  And the Brotherhood Without Banners have pretty much disappeared since having a major role in Season 3, so a little closure there would be nice too.

Agreed about the Brotherhood.  I don't need Lady Stoneheart, but that storyline feels like it was dropped too abruptly.

Also could use some better resolution to The Hound, though we may never get one.
The Hound is dead.

The hound may be dead, but the gravedigger isn't. :D

« Reply #603 on: August 31, 2015, 08:18:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

The Hound is dead.

The hound may be dead, but the gravedigger isn't. :D

Yeah, if the show was all we had to go on I'd think the Hound was dead too, but it's been strongly hinted in the books that he's still alive (well, that "the Hound" is dead, but Sandor Clegane's still kicking).  Plus the guy who is the source of these strong hints has been confirmed as a Season 6 character.  So...perhaps not.

« Reply #604 on: August 31, 2015, 09:02:39 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
My hope is that when the red witch revives Jon he decides to abandon the NWs because ... well they just tried to kill him.   He then goes overseas and joins Danny and becomes one of the dragon riders.
He won't have to go overseas, the dragons will be in Westeros soon enough.
My hope is that Dany is eaten by her caged dragons in some "shocking" scene that causes everyone to lose their minds... but ultimately will not matter, because Dany's purpose was to introduce Dragons back into the world for Jon to ride and Bran to warg.
the mythology is 3 dragon riders, the general thought among fans is that Dany and Jon are clearly 2 of them.  The third has a number of theories.

Daenerys targaryen- Because she already rides Dragons

Jon Snow-the son of Prince Rhaegar and LyannaStark- love affair

Tyrion Lannister-because he is not a Lannister! :o
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #605 on: August 31, 2015, 10:22:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The Hound is easily one of my favorite characters (Martin really seems to do a better job with the misfit types), so I hope there's more to his story.

I mean look at the guy, think there is a reason.  I love his books, too and he is a very talented writer.

My hope is that when the red witch revives Jon he decides to abandon the NWs because ... well they just tried to kill him.   He then goes overseas and joins Danny and becomes one of the dragon riders.

His vows were unto death and if he dies they are fulfilled.

He won't have to go overseas, the dragons will be in Westeros soon enough.
  They will need someone with leadership ability too, something Daenerys definitely lacks.  Perhaps Tyrion will counsel her, but where she has governed it always has not went well.   She is no war leader as well.  In many ways I think she is the ultimate red herring, all early signs point to her in the prophecy.   But so far, he has not always been a hero, not led well.   I get why people like her, Emilia Clarke is smoking hot.  But I think it will take 3 as is suggested here.   Drogon with her, and two other riders, Tyrion is a good general, he was at Blackwater at least.   Jon, has did well leading men until betrayed.

One thing about Dany's troops is the Unsullied could not even beat up knife wielding guys in robes.   They are low quality, even if she gets Dothraki, her dragons are her best asset.   But something is buried in the Crypts of Winterfell, too, I think that may given Jon a dragon.

« Reply #606 on: September 05, 2015, 09:59:19 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #607 on: September 05, 2015, 11:00:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Dickon Tarly has been cast

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/0...r?hootPostID=68a8cf9cc424cf0041450a32b1efd505

as has Euron Greyjoy

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/02/game-of-thrones-pilou-asbaek-euron-greyjoy

and the Three Eyed Raven (re-cast)

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/03/game-thrones-max-von-sydow
So that makes it even more likely that mcshane is playing a character like howland reed that can confirm the parentage of Jon snow.

« Reply #608 on: September 06, 2015, 02:12:16 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
It doesn't kind of seem like Jon Snow might come back, or somehow not be dead. I've talked with a lot of  friends and it seems like a common idea. But, maybe thats just what I want to happen. Non of the other Starks came back and it looks like the Hound is back, would they really bring back 2 people from the dead so close together?

« Reply #609 on: September 06, 2015, 02:36:29 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
It doesn't kind of seem like Jon Snow might come back, or somehow not be dead. I've talked with a lot of  friends and it seems like a common idea. But, maybe thats just what I want to happen. Non of the other Starks came back and it looks like the Hound is back, would they really bring back 2 people from the dead so close together?
It could work as a theme of a single episode but it would dilute the series by having a lot of resurrections. So maybe they don't do them all just simply Cat and Snow (no cold hands). Cat at mid season to capture Stannis and Briene. Then Snow come at the season finale. Hound however is never suggested to have been resurrected it is suggested his survival is from medical help from the Sept that found him. Thus linking him to the order and the champion to face the Mountain. This season should have about two or three flash back episodes so holding off on the resurrections won't come out bad.  Flash backs may also put more room for the books to get ahead.

« Reply #610 on: September 06, 2015, 06:36:42 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Howland is a suspicious character to me. I have to re read some of the parts about him. Also isn't there a book that came out about the history/first men. I have a horrible memory and read a bunch about the first men and Valiria.

« Reply #611 on: September 06, 2015, 10:30:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

because of this:  http://www.ew.com/article/2011/07/21/dance-with-dragons-shocking-twist-g

« Reply #612 on: September 06, 2015, 10:43:52 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

The Hound didn't die, at least not on camera.  In the books Arya leaves him dying just like on the show but he's found by a Septon and (it's strongly hinted) recovers and begins life as a monk.  No revival needed for him.

« Reply #613 on: September 06, 2015, 09:36:58 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Maybe McShane is the Mad King.  If they do some of the flashbacks rumored that might make sense.  A key person, but not much screen time.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #614 on: September 07, 2015, 01:28:31 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
There is no chance he doesn't come back to life.  He's 100% coming back.