Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 413082 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #585 on: August 01, 2015, 09:31:11 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58855853/

Yesssssss.

Just saw McShane on the first Ray Donovan episode of Season 3. Weird, creepy little dude.

« Reply #586 on: August 01, 2015, 10:10:58 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If you haven't seen Deadwood you're missing out on on his portrayal of the best antagonists in modern American television, period. Antiheros are blown out at this point but Swearengen is forever.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #587 on: August 01, 2015, 10:20:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Yesssssss.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-6-tower-of-joy-adds-fuel-to-jon-snow-fan-theory-amid-predictions-of-ned-starks-return-10390144.html

Saw this recently also.

I would guess this ultimately ends up validating the R + L = J and Tower of Joy fan theories next season. And with GoT creators/writers/cast vehemently stating that Jon Snow is "dead is dead is dead," it all seems too perfect for "Jon Targaryen" to make his first appearance this season.

Emilia Clarke also suggested what we're all thinking here, too: http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/emilia-clarke-jon-snow-alive-game-of-thrones-season-6-1201529727/
Are you guys suggesting that Ian McShane will play Arther Dayne?  That'd be tight.  I assume he isn't dead yet.

Actually maybe he's playing HOwland Reed.   The only witness to Jon's birth... supposedly dead, but I doubt it.
I think he is Euron Greyjoy.  The age and look would match a lot better than Howland Reed or Arthur Dayne.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #588 on: August 02, 2015, 01:28:45 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Yesssssss.

Just saw McShane on the first Ray Donovan episode of Season 3. Weird, creepy little dude.

The inspiration for american pickers (sarcasm), lovejoy, is back on tv? ;D Please tell me he no longer has that 'business in the front, party in the back' mullet, lol ;D.

« Reply #589 on: August 02, 2015, 02:23:18 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
McShane could do a good Greyjoy.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #590 on: August 02, 2015, 10:54:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He would, I wonder if he won't play Archmaester Marwyn, Euron or Howland Reed.

« Reply #591 on: August 02, 2015, 02:52:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He would, I wonder if he won't play Archmaester Marwyn, Euron or Howland Reed.
Haven't read the books, but I've stumbled on a couple wiki articles... I'm gonna guess Howland Reed. 

« Reply #592 on: August 02, 2015, 02:58:08 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
If you haven't seen Deadwood you're missing out on on his portrayal of the best antagonists in modern American television, period. Antiheros are blown out at this point but Swearengen is forever.

A crying shame that show spun out of budgetary/directorial control...I would have loved to have seen where it went
Yup

« Reply #593 on: August 02, 2015, 03:22:48 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

A crying shame that show spun out of budgetary/directorial control...I would have loved to have seen where it went

This deserves it's own thread, but I'll ask here.  What are the best shows ever, assuming most are in recent years and mostly on Cable.  For various reasons, I never watched shows until the last couple of years.   GOT is a amazing, the Sopranos was great too.   I know Madmen was great, but
I have never seen an episode.  What are the best shows? 

« Reply #594 on: August 31, 2015, 01:57:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3511472-game-of-thrones-fan-favorite-character-rumored-to-appear-in-season-6?utm_source=fb-stream-post&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=game-of-thrones-fan-favorite-character-rumored-to-appear-in-season-6

If this is true, I wonder if there will be any connection between her and a potentially resurrected Jon Targaryen? With the animosity shown towards Jon by her, I guess some sort of reconciliation will occur if the R + L = J theory does in fact turn out to be true.

« Reply #595 on: August 31, 2015, 02:07:02 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
It's open season for rumours, I guess. There's no actual written content to go by, so everything is fair game.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #596 on: August 31, 2015, 02:22:39 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It's open season for rumours, I guess. There's no actual written content to go by, so everything is fair game.

This rumor is directly related to written content that hasn't shown up on the show yet.  So not quite the same thing.

I don't know, having Lady Stoneheart show up abruptly so long after the Red Wedding seems a little contrived, since they'd have to explain what she'd been doing for the year or so that's passed in Westeros since then.  But I'd be curious to see where they'd go with it, and if it somehow brought us more Blackfish that'd be cool.  And the Brotherhood Without Banners have pretty much disappeared since having a major role in Season 3, so a little closure there would be nice too.

« Reply #597 on: August 31, 2015, 02:27:32 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

This rumor is directly related to written content that hasn't shown up on the show yet.  So not quite the same thing.

I don't know, having Lady Stoneheart show up abruptly so long after the Red Wedding seems a little contrived, since they'd have to explain what she'd been doing for the year or so that's passed in Westeros since then.  But I'd be curious to see where they'd go with it, and if it somehow brought us more Blackfish that'd be cool.  And the Brotherhood Without Banners have pretty much disappeared since having a major role in Season 3, so a little closure there would be nice too.
I mean it is strange, but Bran and the Greyjoy's (aside from Theon) weren't on the show last season after having big roles before and presumably big roles in season 6.  It wouldn't be that hard to bring Lady Stoneheart into the fold now.

« Reply #598 on: August 31, 2015, 02:55:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Agreed about the Brotherhood.  I don't need Lady Stoneheart, but that storyline feels like it was dropped too abruptly.

Also could use some better resolution to The Hound, though we may never get one.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #599 on: August 31, 2015, 03:00:26 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Agreed about the Brotherhood.  I don't need Lady Stoneheart, but that storyline feels like it was dropped too abruptly.

Also could use some better resolution to The Hound, though we may never get one.
The Hound is dead.