Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 413213 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #360 on: April 27, 2015, 02:41:38 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I've never read the books so I'm completely unfamiliar with anything outside the TV show, but there's enough blatant hints here that I can confidently predict the series will end with John *Snow as the King.  It's the only logical conclusion from a storytelling perspective.   Obviously the identity of his mother will play a part in that.  At this point, I'd be shocked if his mother isn't who I think it is.

« Reply #361 on: April 27, 2015, 02:50:59 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I've never read the books so I'm completely unfamiliar with anything outside the TV show, but there's enough blatant hints here that I can confidently predict the series will end with John *Snow as the King.  It's the only logical conclusion from a storytelling perspective.   Obviously the identity of his mother will play a part in that.  At this point, I'd be shocked if his mother isn't who I think it is.
who do you think his mother is?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #362 on: April 27, 2015, 02:58:51 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
who do you think his mother is?
Wasn't the it pretty much assumed early on that she was a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. in a brothel somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms? There didn't seem to be much discussion of her as far as I can remember (haven't read any of the books, either).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #363 on: April 27, 2015, 03:03:41 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

There are actually several fan theories on this. SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO DON"T WANT TO SEE THEM.

One is that he's actually the son of Rhaegar Targaryan and Ned's sister, Lyanna Stark, who was supposedly kidnapped and r**** by Rhaegar. However, many think they were actually in love, and the story just came out that way. Another theory is that he's actually King Robert's son, and Lyanna Stark (his lover) was secretly pregnant with him and didn't tell Robert. I'm guessing it's the first of these two.

EDIT: Either way, he'd have an excellent claim to the throne. By the way, I edited the "R word" just in case there were children on this thread. I'm surprised it wasn't already in code.

« Reply #364 on: April 27, 2015, 03:14:41 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

There are actually several fan theories on this. SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO DON"T WANT TO SEE THEM.

One is that he's actually the son of Rhaegar Targaryan and Ned's sister, Lyanna Stark, who was supposedly kidnapped and r**** by Rhaegar. However, many think they were actually in love, and the story just came out that way. Another theory is that he's actually King Robert's son, and Lyanna Stark (his lover) was secretly pregnant with him and didn't tell Robert. I'm guessing it's the first of these two.

EDIT: Either way, he'd have an excellent claim to the throne. By the way, I edited the "R word" just in case there were children on this thread. I'm surprised it wasn't already in code.
Beat me to it.  TP.

I wonder if we will find out Jon's fate on the show before we find it out in the book.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #365 on: April 27, 2015, 03:48:44 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
All I needed to hear last night was "The North remembers...".

Sansa is closing in vengeance against everyone who did her family wrong, and I can't wait for that to happen, starting with Roose Bolton.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #366 on: April 27, 2015, 04:22:48 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
*Massive Spoilers for the most recent episode*

It seems like they're setting it up like this:

Cerci
Main Supporters of Consequence:
Jamie Lanister
High Sparrow and the Sparrow Church
The Mountain
Walder Frey
Assassin: Arya Stark

Little Finger
Supporters:
The Boltons
Sansa
The Tyrells
Some random nonsense he has up his sleeve
Assassin: Cerci when she finds out about Joffery

Stannis
Supporters:
Jon Snow
Most likely Bran Stark with a worg superpower defaulting here because of Jon Snow
Davos
Melisandre and the Fire Church*
The Wildlings
The Bank
Assassin: Brienne of Tarth

Daenerys Targaryen
Supporters:
Tyrion Lanister
Varys
Grey Worm / The Unsullied
Dragons
Ser Jorah
Those other two dudes on her council, the old guy and the good fighter guy, I can't remember their names
Are the Dothraki even mentioned anymore? Aren't there like thousands of them?
Assassin: ???

I think that the lady preacher in that city that Tyrion was kidnapped in was saying that the fire church has picked their new leader and it is Daenerys - aka not Stannis - hints that Melisandre will potentially betray Stannis.  I think that Jon Snow will default into control of Stannis' forces, because it's boring to have him just hanging out with the Night's Watch.  Brienne will probably kill Stannis, but Melisandre will potentially default to Team Dragon.

Arya will kill Walder Frey just to build her up, then she will go after Cerci who will be defended by the Mountain, then she will kill him and 1v1 Cerci.  I don't know how that fight will end, but it's pretty convenient that Arya's whole list are just Cerci's underlings.

Little Finger will have a bunch of houses out of nowhere, but Cerci will get p---ed at him and try to murder him out of nowhere. 

Daenarys will have a bunch of scenes hanging out with Tyrion and Varys, then after one of the other three is knocked off, she will attack.  Bran Stark will Worg power her dragons and turn the tide.  A random character will want her dead.

« Reply #367 on: April 27, 2015, 04:36:08 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Just an FYI, the fourth episode is leaked online. I believe I heard somewhere that all four were leaked online the day it premiered. Supposedly there's a huge cliff hanger at the end of the fourth episode for Daenerys' team, too.

« Reply #368 on: April 27, 2015, 04:38:47 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Just an FYI, the fourth episode is leaked online. I believe I heard somewhere that all four were leaked online the day it premiered. Supposedly there's a huge cliff hanger at the end of the fourth episode for Daenerys' team, too.
Can you give me a link to watch it?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #369 on: April 27, 2015, 05:14:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

The first theory is clearly where they are going with it.  At some point he'll walk out of a fire or ride a dragon.  Series will end with him as king.   The more I watch the show the more I feel like the entire thing is just John Snow's story and everything else is secondary.  The circumstances surrounding his birth lead to the rebellion.  The Starks main purpose in the story is to give context to John's moral upbringing.  The Lannisters and Baratheons give context to the world John is going up against.  Daenerys is there to give context to his family's lineage and introduce the Dragons that inevitably will abandon her for John (either through her death or her neglect).   The storyline of the Wall is to show the young padawan paying his dues as a capable leader.   The bit with clairvoyant Stark probably serves a purpose of discovering the real story behind John's birth.

Also, I think it's a fair bet that the parents were in love.  Perhaps the Starks assumed it was an abduction, but it was probably a mutual relationship.  Eddard's brother and father were put to death by the Mad King when the came to King's landing looking for their runaway sister/daughter.   The "Rebellion" was probably more a reaction to the Mad King putting the Starks to death than the rumored "abduction".   I imagine by the time Eddard realized his sister was a willing participant, he felt it was best to claim her son as his own... since at the time they were murdering all the targarean babies. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:30:45 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #370 on: April 27, 2015, 05:29:33 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
While Snow being Rhaegar+Lyanna's kid is very likely correct, I don't really think the series will end with him or anyone else as king of Westeros.  I have a sneaking suspicion Daenaryes or someone else will use her dragons to melt the Iron Throne back down into scrap and revolutionize the social order.

It's been a pretty frequent theme that artifacts of power don't mean anything, power is just where people think it is.  The Iron Throne and who's sitting on it is just a red herring in the bigger scheme of things.

« Reply #371 on: April 27, 2015, 05:32:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
While Snow being Rhaegar+Lyanna's kid is very likely correct, I don't really think the series will end with him or anyone else as king of Westeros.  I have a sneaking suspicion Daenaryes or someone else will use her dragons to melt the Iron Throne back down into scrap and revolutionize the social order.

It's been a pretty frequent theme that artifacts of power don't mean anything, power is just where people think it is.  The Iron Throne and who's sitting on it is just a red herring in the bigger scheme of things.
I think Daenaryes herself is a red herring.   Everyone is going to kill each other off (probably her as well), John will somehow be able to control the dragons... and when the dust settles he'll not only have the power, but the people's vote.   The best of both worlds... Targareon power and Stark morality.  Wolves and Dragons.    I just can't think of anyone else from a storyline perspective.   

« Reply #372 on: April 27, 2015, 06:47:52 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
My guess on who will be on throne is based on who will lead the fight against the white walkers. Its suppose to be the three wolves, the eagle, the shadowcat, and the bear lead the kingdom against the white walkers. But the Show/books will probably end there. Trying to figure out who is each if it's literal based on banners then it is John/Wolf as king of the wall, Rickon/Wolf as Warden of the north, Arya/shadowcat faceless high assassin, Bran/Wolf the 3 eyed crow, Mormount/Bear lead general of the 7 kingdoms, and Sansa/eagle Ward of the west with likely Daenaryes on the Iron throne as Mormount is her master of war.

But then again if not literal then eagle could be Jamie and the bear could be Brieanne and Tyrion could be on the throne?

« Reply #373 on: April 27, 2015, 07:37:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
My guess on who will be on throne is based on who will lead the fight against the white walkers. Its suppose to be the three wolves, the eagle, the shadowcat, and the bear lead the kingdom against the white walkers. But the Show/books will probably end there. Trying to figure out who is each if it's literal based on banners then it is John/Wolf as king of the wall, Rickon/Wolf as Warden of the north, Arya/shadowcat faceless high assassin, Bran/Wolf the 3 eyed crow, Mormount/Bear lead general of the 7 kingdoms, and Sansa/eagle Ward of the west with likely Daenaryes on the Iron throne as Mormount is her master of war.

But then again if not literal then eagle could be Jamie and the bear could be Brieanne and Tyrion could be on the throne?
I take it you've read the books, because I have no idea what prophecy you are referring to.   I'll just say, I hope Sansa is murdered by her own sister at some point.

« Reply #374 on: April 27, 2015, 09:07:16 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I did read the books. There is foreshadowing and certain clues through out. But Martin can always change his mind.