Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 416985 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #675 on: September 20, 2015, 12:02:37 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Yeah this debate is going nowhere fast.  Question though - why do so many people take it for granted that there's going to be three major characters riding dragons?  I mean it's plausible enough but it's kinda weird how it's treated as a given.

...if so everybody's sleeping on Victarion Greyjoy.  Dude's got a dragonbinding horn and a burning lava hand.  Doesn't get much more metal than that.  Though it wouldn't end well for him I imagine.

« Reply #676 on: September 20, 2015, 12:47:57 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Yeah this debate is going nowhere fast.  Question though - why do so many people take it for granted that there's going to be three major characters riding dragons?  I mean it's plausible enough but it's kinda weird how it's treated as a given.

...if so everybody's sleeping on Victarion Greyjoy.  Dude's got a dragonbinding horn and a burning lava hand.  Doesn't get much more metal than that.  Though it wouldn't end well for him I imagine.
I thought the same thing as far as dragon riders. All speculation. Though there are only three dragons currently to ride so technically true. My issue is if a Dragon is trained can't anyone ride it? And if anyone can ride a trained dragon how important is it to be a rider? But lets say dragons even trained only allow one person ever to ride them so there can be only three. Now in regards to Bran if he wargs a dragon is he the dragon or riding the dragon?  If he is riding than that means there are 4 possible riders. If he is considered the dragon himself then someone is riding him, but is that him or still someone riding on a dragon? And if they are riding a dragon still then he wouldn't be opposed to Arya, Sansa, Rickon or other people he knows riding him so now there are more dragon riders.

As far as dragon binding horn. If it's legit I can see it as the dragon that Bran wargs to get back for Dany/John side.

Whole dragon rider stuff can be silly.

« Reply #677 on: September 20, 2015, 01:55:07 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Doesn't Euron have the horn?  I can't remember from the books.  I know Victarion is on his way there.

Anyway, there are three dragons so I think the prophecy sort of fits when there are in fact 3 dragons.  As for the horn it allows you to gain more control over them, but as we've seen from Prince Martell, not everyone can touch them.  So only a special few people can in fact ride them.  Obviously we have seen Dany ride them.  Most assume Jon is Dany's nephew and with his ability to warg would make perfect sense or maybe he isn't, who knows.  If those are the two I have no idea who the third would be.  Maybe it is Bran, maybe it is a Greyjoy, maybe the guy who claims to be Dany's other nephew is actually her nephew and it is him, maybe it is Tyrion, or maybe there aren't three riders and it is false prophecy.  Who knows.  Should be interesting.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #678 on: September 20, 2015, 02:10:55 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I haven't said anything about Jon Snow this entire time. You're out of your depth.

Alternatively:

There's not much to do except sigh and shrug, particularly since I've tried to explain where you've been mistaken and you just 'lol' your way towards missing the point, again.

KH specifically no but Jon oh yes you did. The KH thing was a joke obviously. And you admitted to multiple main characters and to if Tyrion is a rider then he can be the main character. So it's silly to keep going back and forth. You are stuck on he must defeat the great bad of the book to be your guy. We don't even know who will stop the White Walkers or even if they are stopped. You shouldn't go solely on white walkers premise. Its pretty clear Tyrion will be involved with that battle in the end anyways.

Worth noting that none of this is any way representative of what I said in the slightest, which should be fairly obvious to all involved at this point.

Very excited to see the divergences in Season 6 from what'll be in the books.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #679 on: September 20, 2015, 03:59:54 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Doesn't Euron have the horn?  I can't remember from the books.  I know Victarion is on his way there.

It's his horn but he gave it to Victarion so he could go get the dragons and Dany, so Euron could marry her.

« Reply #680 on: September 20, 2015, 04:10:55 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I haven't said anything about Jon Snow this entire time. You're out of your depth.

Alternatively:

There's not much to do except sigh and shrug, particularly since I've tried to explain where you've been mistaken and you just 'lol' your way towards missing the point, again.

KH specifically no but Jon oh yes you did. The KH thing was a joke obviously. And you admitted to multiple main characters and to if Tyrion is a rider then he can be the main character. So it's silly to keep going back and forth. You are stuck on he must defeat the great bad of the book to be your guy. We don't even know who will stop the White Walkers or even if they are stopped. You shouldn't go solely on white walkers premise. Its pretty clear Tyrion will be involved with that battle in the end anyways.

Worth noting that none of this is any way representative of what I said in the slightest, which should be fairly obvious to all involved at this point.

Very excited to see the divergences in Season 6 from what'll be in the books.
Any one can go back and read the post you replied to in other people's claims about Tyrion and multiple main characters. You agreed on rider. You agreed on multiple main characters. You however gave my b to the s on he must defeat of White walkers and traditional story junk.

I'm with you on the excitement part for show changes from books. The changes so far have worked well in the TV show.

« Reply #681 on: September 20, 2015, 06:31:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Don't try to put words in my mouth or make this a different debate. The fact that there are multiple stories means there can be multiple main characters. I was pointing out that the story has one character that seems to be involved in each characters story. Tyrion, and given his travels and experience he can be considered the main character of the whole book. Dos is stuck on Jon and it's blasphemy suggesting KH isn't the star.

I think he is right and your wrong in the Jon regard.  Tyrion will serve as a bridge to bring together Dany and Jon to fight the others.

I feel Dany will attack Westeros, Jon will be battling the others and Tyrion will broke a peace so that they can defeat the greater evil as the endgame.  If Bran can Warg, and he will support Jon, won't he be able to take over the Dragons?

« Reply #682 on: September 21, 2015, 07:45:36 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
And where's Rickon?
Yup

« Reply #683 on: September 21, 2015, 08:13:57 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
And where's Rickon?
back this season supposedly.

« Reply #684 on: September 25, 2015, 05:24:41 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

« Reply #685 on: October 20, 2015, 02:55:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

« Reply #686 on: November 25, 2015, 10:34:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

« Reply #687 on: December 03, 2015, 05:00:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

« Reply #688 on: December 03, 2015, 05:10:26 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Trailer tease for Season 6!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxI8aPISq8I
I'm soooo pumped. I am sad that the book probably isn't coming out before the show though.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #689 on: December 03, 2015, 05:46:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
"They have no idea what is going to happen."

Haha.  GoT creators screwing with their fans.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain