Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 414888 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #195 on: June 02, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
knew it was coming, but man that was still powerful.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #196 on: June 02, 2013, 10:08:40 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Right?! I watched it with my mom (non-book reader) and her reaction was absolutely pricelss!!  ;D

She declared for the millionth time that she's done watching GoT  ;D

« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2013, 10:23:28 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Right?! I watched it with my mom (non-book reader) and her reaction was absolutely pricelss!!  ;D

She declared for the millionth time that she's done watching GoT  ;D
my wife and I both read the books but that didn't stop my wife from peeking out from under a blanket.  She refused to fully watch.

« Reply #198 on: June 02, 2013, 10:25:16 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

Suspeeeennnnnssseeeeeeee!!!!!

I'm watching it at my friend's house later during the TV premier. Shouldn't have gone on this thread, but I couldn't help it. I'm really excited, especially after 1 extra week of wait. Man, oh man!!!
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2013, 01:40:14 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Awesome show.  I told my girlfriend that the second to last episode is generally the best and she responded, "Oh... is it going to be the red wedding?"  ... so I kind of had a hint of what was going to happen.

Then (possible future spoiler?) after it happened I joked, "oh well, good riddance... I didn't really like Mama Stark anyways" and she gave me a funny look...   I'm pretty sure I know what the funny look means.   It really sucks watching GOT with someone who has read the books.

« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2013, 02:06:27 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
(episode 9 spoilers)

...I'm almost as heartbroken as the 2010 Finals, Game 7.

WHY!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!

WHY MUST THIS HAVE HAD TO HAVE HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

To me, this was more heart wrenching than Ned dying because I didn't really expect something of that magnitude. I mean, at least they could've let baby Eddard live...or his wife...or Lady Stark (for sentimental value)......or the dire wolf....... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I just discovered GoT earlier the year and I am so hooked. I've been catching up on the episodes and have read the 1st book. I can't wait to catch up in the summer, after the final episode. Does anybody know if it'd be a good idea to start on the 4th book after watching the 3rd episode? Or should I read the 3rd first?

I did not see that coming at all - I was thinking that Robb was probably going to die because of the Melisandre slug thing (Can we do that against Lebron's basketball skill?), as well as Joffrey. I didn't see it being a complete massacre, though......... :'( :'( :'(

I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2013, 02:14:45 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
(episode 9 spoilers)

To me, this was more heart wrenching than Ned dying because I didn't really expect something of that magnitude. I mean, at least they could've let baby Eddard live...or his wife...or Lady Stark (for sentimental value)......or the dire wolf....... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I just discovered GoT earlier the year and I am so hooked. I've been catching up on the episodes and have read the 1st book. I can't wait to catch up in the summer, after the final episode. Does anybody know if it'd be a good idea to start on the 4th book after watching the 3rd episode? Or should I read the 3rd first?

I did not see that coming at all - I was thinking that Robb was probably going to die because of the Melisandre slug thing (Can we do that against Lebron's basketball skill?), as well as Joffrey. I didn't see it being a complete massacre, though......... :'( :'( :'(
It's not over for the Starks, methinks. 

« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2013, 02:28:04 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
(episode 9 spoilers)

It's not over for the Starks, methinks.

It's always, the Starks, isn't it?  :'(

They die faster than the Lakers getting top tier free agent big men.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #203 on: June 03, 2013, 03:07:50 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
That epic scene cant put me to sleep. I did not see that slaughter happened. Part of me almost cried when Talisa got stabbed right in the belly.

And Arya to be so close then realize what is really going on when she saw the dire wolf get bowed.

Oh my lord what a sad yet masterfully made episode.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #204 on: June 03, 2013, 03:30:46 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
That epic scene cant put me to sleep. I did not see that slaughter happened. Part of me almost cried when Talisa got stabbed right in the belly.

And Arya to be so close then realize what is really going on when she saw the dire wolf get bowed.

I haven't read the books so no spoilers here just guesses...  but I think Arya is going to become a badass warrior some day.  Jaqen, the faceless man from Braavos, was probably my favorite character on the show.  He gave Arya an open invitation to come to Braavos, but she decided to find her brother and mother instead.  Now that that ship has sailed, I'm going to guess she gets her butt to Braavos for some badass training.  During her conversation with the Hound she talked about the faceless man.  When she told the Hound that someday she'd stab him through the eye out the back of his head... I believe her. 

What I'm wondering is though... if she does decide to go to Braavos, would they show her journey and training there?... or do you think she'll just venture to Braavos... then we will not see her for a few seasons and she'll make a surprise return some day in some epic fashion?  Can't wait to find out.  It's a great show.

« Reply #205 on: June 03, 2013, 06:30:59 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I haven't read the books so no spoilers here just guesses...  but I think Arya is going to become a badass warrior some day.  Jaqen, the faceless man from Braavos, was probably my favorite character on the show.  He gave Arya an open invitation to come to Braavos, but she decided to find her brother and mother instead.  Now that that ship has sailed, I'm going to guess she gets her butt to Braavos for some badass training.  During her conversation with the Hound she talked about the faceless man.  When she told the Hound that someday she'd stab him through the eye out the back of his head... I believe her. 

What I'm wondering is though... if she does decide to go to Braavos, would they show her journey and training there?... or do you think she'll just venture to Braavos... then we will not see her for a few seasons and she'll make a surprise return some day in some epic fashion?  Can't wait to find out.  It's a great show.

Having read the books, last nights episode was like watching Titanic.  They did do a great job selling Walder's "welcoming".  Arya's path is among my favorites in the story.  Gotta go with Tyrion still for most interesting!
Yup

« Reply #206 on: June 03, 2013, 06:32:13 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
(episode 9 spoilers)

the third season is not the whole third book, so you need to read the third book before reading the fourth book.

« Reply #207 on: June 03, 2013, 07:50:06 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
No one is safe in Game of Thrones.   I never liked the young wolf storyline so I am glad to see him go.   Arya seems to be the instrument of revenge to me.

Even greater shockers await you, folks.

« Reply #208 on: June 03, 2013, 08:23:56 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Easily one of the most brutal scenes ever filmed... it was pretty unbelievable.  The last shot... wow.

Arya seems to be the instrument of revenge to me.

Can't wait for this too happen.  She is probably my favorite character and the whole assassin angle is set up so well in season 2.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2013, 08:27:47 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Haven't read the books either. To me it's looking like Arya will become one of the Faceless "dudes" (i forgot their name). The way everyone is dying around her, it's just a matter of time before she loses that Stark honor and mercy and just starts killing cold blooded out of sheer revenge.

I agree, it's not a matter of if but when will Arya will go to Bravos and be one of them. And I hope you're right, they should show how Arya turns in this cold blooded, efficient assassin.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace