Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 414867 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #1050 on: August 06, 2017, 10:45:18 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
There's like 9 episodes left in the show and we get a 48 minute episode. Not gonna lie, feeling a little cheated.

We did get dragon burning up a lot of sheet so that was a huge plus though!

« Reply #1051 on: August 06, 2017, 10:48:30 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
so jon totally drew all that stuff on the cave walls, right?
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #1052 on: August 06, 2017, 11:06:00 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
There's like 9 episodes left in the show and we get a 48 minute episode. Not gonna lie, feeling a little cheated.

We did get dragon burning up a lot of sheet so that was a huge plus though!

Well, the rumors are that the final season episodes are all going to be 75+ minutes and even up to 90 minutes, so at this pace with so much left to happen those rumors seem to be true. It's also probably the reason why it's not slotted to air until sometime in 2019.

But at least we get to see the White Walkers next weekend!

« Reply #1053 on: August 07, 2017, 08:32:18 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Episode was ok and best of the four this season, but clearly the quality has gone way down since they passed up the books.  At least there weren't any useless scenes in this one, but way too short for what they need to do still.  And the dragon and battle was cool, but why only bring Drogon and not the other two.  Nonsense like that just takes away from the show overall as they make generally smart people do really dumb things all the time.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1054 on: August 07, 2017, 08:49:52 AM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
Episode was ok and best of the four this season, but clearly the quality has gone way down since they passed up the books.  At least there weren't any useless scenes in this one, but way too short for what they need to do still.  And the dragon and battle was cool, but why only bring Drogon and not the other two.  Nonsense like that just takes away from the show overall as they make generally smart people do really dumb things all the time.

As it turns out the other dragons weren't needed.
Also I think she didn't want to show them all she's got...

« Reply #1055 on: August 07, 2017, 08:51:54 AM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
What do you guys think happens with Jamie ? Taken as a prisoner ?
And does Tyrion turn on Danny after she told him he will always remain a Lannister and him seeing the whole army getting fried ?

« Reply #1056 on: August 07, 2017, 09:00:49 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Of course they were needed.  If they were there, instead of Drogon continually making passes, they do it once or maybe twice and Drogon then doesn't get hit at all and less troops end up escaping behind the walls. 

« Reply #1057 on: August 07, 2017, 09:01:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
What do you guys think happens with Jamie ? Taken as a prisoner ?
And does Tyrion turn on Danny after she told him he will always remain a Lannister and him seeing the whole army getting fried ?
I have no idea what happens with Jamie, but Tyrion won't turn on Dany. 

« Reply #1058 on: August 07, 2017, 09:15:44 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things

Dany kind of heeded jons advice - she used drogon strategically as an instrument of war rather than just burning entire cities.  That's the reason she only brought drogon - she has no one else to ride the other two dragons yet so doubt they would be able to stay on strategy without riders directing them.  If she was just burning everything they'd work great.

« Reply #1059 on: August 07, 2017, 09:28:36 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

Of course they were needed.  If they were there, instead of Drogon continually making passes, they do it once or maybe twice and Drogon then doesn't get hit at all and less troops end up escaping behind the walls.
to quote stannis and davos: "fewer"
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #1060 on: August 07, 2017, 09:32:35 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I have found this season rather predictable and thoroughly uninspired. It's like the series is going through the motion and showing us a bunch of stuff we all know has to happen.

There are no plot twists, not even too much witty banter. But that's not really surprising -- I caught the Inside the Episode for E4, and some of the reasoning and justification they had behind their choices about character development was... let's just say it was fitting for a 16-year old. It's been a disappointing experience so far.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1061 on: August 07, 2017, 09:34:23 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
edit: someone else said that already
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1062 on: August 07, 2017, 09:37:36 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Um, she is the only dragonrider available at this stage... makes it kind of tough to ride three dragons at the same time.

Maybe she should spend more time teaching the dragons to fly in formation, or to respond to other riders. ;)

I expect we'll see all three dragons attacking soon enough.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1063 on: August 07, 2017, 09:46:00 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Maybe she should spend more time teaching the dragons to fly in formation, or to respond to other riders. ;)

I expect we'll see all three dragons attacking soon enough.
I expect we'll see more dragonriders soon enough ;)

« Reply #1064 on: August 07, 2017, 10:20:01 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

The real reason is probably budget, the plot reason is no one can ride them yet, but the thematic reason is that it parallels Aegon's initial conquest. He didn't break out all 3 dragons at once until the Field of Fire that more or less finished the war.  Even took out Harrenhall with just one dragon.

Enjoyed the episode but it was a bit cheesy how Bronn and Jaime both should've been toasted but got out of the way at the last instant. The continuing use of fast travel is a nice nod to RPGs, though.  And I liked how getting tackled about 3 feet laterally got Jaime from water shallow enough a horse can gallop through to like a hundred foot drop.