Author Topic: The Antoine Walker / Idaho Stampede thread  (Read 20623 times)

The Antoine Walker / Idaho Stampede thread
« on: December 15, 2010, 02:02:46 AM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Yes, I'm NUTS!  

Instead of creating new threads on what he does on every single game(and driving C's fans here mad), I'm going to put whatever related stuff pertaining to him and the Stampede in here.  

BTW, Those that are interested in seeing him play online :

http://www.nba.com/dleague/gameline/20101216/

Thursday Dec.16 at 7:00 PM

FUTURECAST which it's called is actually FREE and also even if you miss the game live to watch the Celtics kick azz, it's saved so you can watch it later; and you can make fun of Toine...err, that is, See how he's doing.   ;D

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 02:09:55 AM by PSquared »

Re: The Antoine Walker / Idaho Stampede thread
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 06:00:03 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Saw enough of him, when he played for the Celtics and I am not missing him.   Sad story and I am glad he won a ring with the HEAT, too bad he will have to pawn it probably.

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 06:36:33 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Such loyalty deserves a tp. And thanks for NOT spawning herds of Antoine threads. If we can keep all-things-antoine confined to this thread cb life would be a tad better.

Now, back to real basketball and the celtics.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 12:12:39 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Stats thus far

2010-11 Regular Season Statistics
PPG 10.7
RPG 6.3
APG 3.0
EFF +10.67 

3 PT % thus far...  o.222  ...lol

Regular Season Team g  gs  mpg     fg%   3p% ft% off def rpg apg spg bpg to pf ppg
10-11           IDA        3  0  24.7   0.400  0.222 0.545 2.0 4.3 6.3 3.0 0.3 0.7 2.67 2.67 10.7
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 12:42:30 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Toine's game hasn't changed...poor efficiency from everywhere, but yet still productive.

His per 36's aren't awful: 16/9/4

His efficiency is gross, however.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 01:02:52 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
TP for the futurecast link.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 03:29:21 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I am hopeful of making a weekend side trip to Boise to see Antione Walker play and let him personally know that we appreciate his time and effort in playing for the Celtics and for getting us out of the Dark Ages for a few playoff series victories.

Those were some tough times we had to suffer through back then.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 03:45:47 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
I will never forget those playoff victories.

As a Celtic fan back then, we were so desperate and hungry for some kind of positive basketball.

It was fun, but right now [last 3-4 years] is the really fun ride.

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 01:25:14 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Proud to say I went to my first ever Springfield Armor game just to watch Antoine play.

Got tickets at the box office for $5 apiece, and could basically sit anywhere in the upper bowl you wanted (which is pretty good considering the lower bowl was only like 15 rows).

Saw 4-5 people wearing Antoine jerseys (one of them being me  ;D). Crowd was announced at under 2,843.  Definitely loud cheers for Antoine all night.  At first I thought he got more of an applause then the home team, but as the game went on, I felt like both Antoine and the Springfield Armor got a lot of cheers from the crowd.

The Springfield Armor led for most of the game, but then Antoine and the Stampede made a run in the 4th and took the lead late.  The Armor hit a 3 to tie the game with .7 seconds left.  Idaho calls a timeout, Antoine gets the ball, has to shoot a turnaround 18 footer, gets off a decent shot.  I thought it would be awesome if Antoine hit the game winning shot.  Airball.  And then Idaho loses in overtime.

Classic Antoine, he took 12 threes, but at least he made 6 of them.  Antoine’s line, 27 points, 10-22 from the field, 6-12 from three, 4 rebounds, 7 assists, 5 turnovers, but his team lost in overtime.  He even did the wiggle at one point in the 4th during a timeout as the crowd was chanting something like "do the wigg-le"  Antoine definitely seemed like he was making the best of his situation, he was smiling, friendly with the refs and crowd, always high-fiving his teammates, etc.

An overtime game, with some big shots hit by both teams.  Definitely well worth the $5 each I paid for my tickets.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 04:44:29 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Proud to say I went to my first ever Springfield Armor game just to watch Antoine play.

Got tickets at the box office for $5 apiece, and could basically sit anywhere in the upper bowl you wanted (which is pretty good considering the lower bowl was only like 15 rows).

Saw 4-5 people wearing Antoine jerseys (one of them being me  ;D). Crowd was announced at under 2,843.  Definitely loud cheers for Antoine all night.  At first I thought he got more of an applause then the home team, but as the game went on, I felt like both Antoine and the Springfield Armor got a lot of cheers from the crowd.

The Springfield Armor led for most of the game, but then Antoine and the Stampede made a run in the 4th and took the lead late.  The Armor hit a 3 to tie the game with .7 seconds left.  Idaho calls a timeout, Antoine gets the ball, has to shoot a turnaround 18 footer, gets off a decent shot.  I thought it would be awesome if Antoine hit the game winning shot.  Airball.  And then Idaho loses in overtime.

Classic Antoine, he took 12 threes, but at least he made 6 of them.  Antoine’s line, 27 points, 10-22 from the field, 6-12 from three, 4 rebounds, 7 assists, 5 turnovers, but his team lost in overtime.  He even did the wiggle at one point in the 4th during a timeout as the crowd was chanting something like "do the wigg-le"  Antoine definitely seemed like he was making the best of his situation, he was smiling, friendly with the refs and crowd, always high-fiving his teammates, etc.

An overtime game, with some big shots hit by both teams.  Definitely well worth the $5 each I paid for my tickets.

well worth it for the wiggle alone
Yup

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 05:59:13 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
Toine's game hasn't changed...poor efficiency from everywhere, but yet still productive.

His per 36's aren't awful: 16/9/4

His efficiency is gross, however.

His game may not have changed but his body sure has.  I just took a look over on the Futurecast and his weight is gross.  Sad.

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 06:10:46 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164

I was alos there.  Born and raised in Springfield but live in CT now.  You couldn't have summed it up better.

Although I payed 10$ for my tickets and felt ripped off when I saw you could move pretty much anywhere except court seats.

TP to for you for going.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 03:02:33 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
A typical Antoine Walker night against the Red Claws following a Good Performance the previous game against Springfield.  lol.

5-17 for 15 points (2-10 from 3-land 'cause there are no 4's) with 5 Boards, 3 Assists, 2 Steals, and 3 Twan-overs.   The more things change, the more they stay the same.  Consistently inconsistent.

But man....that's two games in a row that went into OT where the Stampede had the lead and Lost it.  Not like it matters but still...

I still enjoy watching Toine play and I hope he continues playing for as long as they let him.  :)

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 04:56:23 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
In his defense they should have won that game against Springfield.  FT and execution is what game Springfield the window to take it to OT.

After his Wiggle that game should have been over.

The people that went with me were not happy because they wanted to go to the Golden Corral after the game lol.  But we stayed and watched OT and got out to late :(
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 07:36:54 PM »

Offline Datruthtakesover34

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
'toine is boss, bring him back, cut wafer