Author Topic: Toine was Solid the previous game....tonight? Not So much.  (Read 3762 times)

Toine was Solid the previous game....tonight? Not So much.
« on: December 11, 2010, 11:50:39 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
2-8 for 6 Points in just under 25 minutes of play in a 99-92 loss to Utah(Flash).   In addition, he almost always got the ball stripped whenever he tried to drive to the basket and when he was successful one time(got all the way to the rim), the layup attempt rimmed out(bad luck).  He's fortunate to just have 2 turnovers and not 4 if the Flash could corrale the ball and not lose it out of bounds.

That's the Down side.  :(

Now the other side of the coin :

He had an off-night offensively, but I did notice that he looks more comfortable in the low block posting up....

Also had 8 Boards(4 of them offensive), had just 2 turnovers, blocked a shot, and played overall solid Defense overall.  

Now although I can definitely say that he can't defend someone one-on-one off-the-dribble to save his life.  Still...he can pretty much defend the post well and boxed out pretty good, too.  Plus, he's always been a solid help-defender.

Oh and he only shot 1-4 from 3-land but the one he made looked like the one in that old grainy youtube video when he was a Celtic back at the start of his career there.  A Deep 3...I mean....DEEP 3.  About 27 feet behind the 3-point line.  Maybe he should've shot them from there the rest of the game? :D

One other thing :  Toine was a +10 when he was on the floor for Idaho.  :)

Overall, an okay night for a ROLEPLAYER off the bench(which Antoine is).  Although he couldn't resist the 3-ball (1-4).

So the Final Tally : 6/8/1/1   (6 points, 8 RBs, 1 Assista, 1 Block) in 25 minutes of play off the bench.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 11:56:08 PM by PSquared »

Re: Toine was Solid the previous game....tonight? Not So much.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 02:44:27 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Never thought I'd see a scouting report for a 34-year old D-leaguer.

Props for your dedication to our old friend (or frenemy depending on your perspective).
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 08:36:29 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Rimming out layups... sounds like the old Toine to me.  I don't think he'll be making it to the NBA anytime soon.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 10:47:13 AM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Never thought I'd see a scouting report for a 34-year old D-leaguer.

Props for your dedication to our old friend (or frenemy depending on your perspective).

Why would you say that?  This IS a D-League forum, is it not?  :)

Frenemy?  Nice.  I think that's pretty much how he is to everyone(including myself).

And yeah, i also don't believe he'll make it back.   Not after performances like that.  if you can't score, you need to at least be able to rebound and play defense.   He rebounds fine but I'm sure he'd get exposed one-on-one by other NBA teams constantly.  It was a problem even in his prime that he couldn't defend either...