Author Topic: Celtics (17-4) at Sixers (7-14) 12/9  (Read 26276 times)

Re: Celtics (17-4) at Sixers (7-14) 12/9
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2010, 10:04:31 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I am usually really hard on the Celts when they play like this, but think you have to give them a break tonight. They started their 4th string center who has little clue about team defense, Rondo is playing on bad feet and a tight hamstring, and Pierce is sick. I would rather have Doc not even played Pierce and Rondo tonight, rather than play them and still lose.
that may have resulted in better play for the team.  Doc would have to play Bradley and Gody (well, not really with Doc, he very well could ride the vets into the ground in that case) and those two, while not experience or as good as Rondo or PP needless to say, would at least hustle out there.  I think that's the one thing I find hard to excuse is the lack of effort

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2010, 10:04:52 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I am usually really hard on the Celts when they play like this, but think you have to give them a break tonight. They started their 4th string center who has little clue about team defense, Rondo is playing on bad feet and a tight hamstring, and Pierce is sick. I would rather have Doc not even played Pierce and Rondo tonight, rather than play them and still lose.

naw...even on a back to back and their issues they should be able to beat this crappy sixer team. they aren't putting forth any effort

Sixers have won 5 in a row at home and 4 of their last 5 overall. I usually am with you, but disagree 100 percent tonight.

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2010, 10:05:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Rondo never ceases to amaze, even on his off nights

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2010, 10:07:27 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Rondo should bank his free throws too.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96

naw...even on a back to back and their issues they should be able to beat this crappy sixer team. they aren't putting forth any effort

Sixers have won 5 in a row at home and 4 of their last 5 overall. I usually am with you, but disagree 100 percent tonight.

I agree Vinnie. A)This Sixers team actually matches up well against the C's, with their proclivity to run, etc. Their strengths go right up against our weaknesses. B) One can't dismiss injuries, sickness, back-to-backs, etc. I think the whole not giving any effort thing is usually a pipe-dream critique and not particularly realistic or looking at things properly. I really haven't seen a lack of effort tonight, just a team not having its best night.

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2010, 10:13:03 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Tuned in late. Can someone tell me why Shaq isn't playing?

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2010, 10:13:34 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I agree Vinnie. A)This Sixers team actually matches up well against the C's, with their proclivity to run, etc. Their strengths go right up against our weaknesses. B) One can't dismiss injuries, sickness, back-to-backs, etc. I think the whole not giving any effort thing is usually a pipe-dream critique and not particularly realistic or looking at things properly. I really haven't seen a lack of effort tonight, just a team not having its best night.
I've got to disagree there -- and not just because I'm complaining about the effort. 

to me, effort includes boxing out.  moving feet on D, making smart passes on O and making smart plays on O rather than hoping the refs bail you out.  C's aren't doing those things tonight.  If they were doing those things, they'd be up 10-12 right now just by cutting out a reasonable number of Sixer O boards, staying in front of their man and not turning the ball over.

having said that, I have no idea how they're still managing to hang around in this game.

« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2010, 10:14:12 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
lol @ Reggie Miller taking a page out of Marc Jackson's "Raise the volume of your voice while going to commercial" book.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2010, 10:15:47 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
The Celtics clearly aren't playing their best tonight - and the absence of Shaq can't be understated as a factor in that - but I don't feel as though it's effort.  The Sixers are playing a good game and the Celtics are having trouble, in no small part because they have a banged up roster.

It's annoying, but I'm not feeling too down on the team about their play tonight, regardless of what the final result is.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2010, 10:18:21 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
Marquis Daniels is INVISIBLE out there.  He doesn't seem to bring really anything at all to the floor.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2010, 10:19:38 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
The lack of depth and flexibility on the wing is being exposed in these small ball lineups.

« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2010, 10:20:20 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
The lack of depth and versatility on the wing is being exposed in these small ball lineups.

Yeah.  Marquis is a non-factor on offense and we can't rely on Von Wafer at all.  We desperately need a real backup small forward who can defend AND stretch the floor.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2010, 10:21:50 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
This is one of those nights where Rondo's going to have to step up and score.  Pierce is way off.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2010, 10:25:17 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Rondo is also said to be having to face with flu-like symptoms but he's still leading the team and putting on some effort... Pierce is on a slump for the last 2 weeks,its not the flu!he's just painful to watch...

Marquis is also not playing well at all! I wouldnt mind to see Harangody on the floor right now!
I think we should go to the Rondo-KG pick'n'pop and play some good D out there... and hope that Ray will get hot there at the end!
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2010, 10:29:29 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
Rondo is also said to be having to face with flu-like symptoms but he's still leading the team and putting on some effort... Pierce is on a slump for the last 2 weeks,its not the flu!he's just painful to watch...

Marquis is also not playing well at all! I wouldnt mind to see Harangody on the floor right now!
I think we should go to the Rondo-KG pick'n'pop and play some good D out there... and hope that Ray will get hot there at the end!

It's painful enough to watch Big Baby try to defend athletic / bigger players like Thaddeus Young and Elton Brand.  I do not want to have to see Harangody attempt to defend any of the Sixers.

- Doc Rivers