Author Topic: Celtics (17-4) at Sixers (7-14) 12/9  (Read 26195 times)

Re: Celtics (17-4) at Sixers (7-14) 12/9
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2010, 01:00:21 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Just seen the box score, only 46 seconds of rest for Rondo :o :-\
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2010, 02:26:28 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

At least we have an excuse for the loss

you were saying?

« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2010, 04:29:34 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Just saw the game... a classic frustrating one! Fortunately we came up with the win, otherwise it would have been terribly hard for me to swallow a loss when Doc overplays the starters like that on a back to back.

Anyway, we had good stretches but for the most part we sucked or were "off" (see the Sixers 2nd chance points or offensive rebounds). Ray came up huge in the last minutes. I was thinking that Doc would go with the usual Pierce iso for the game winner so I wasn't confident about our chances of winning but it was a really good surprise to see the Rondo/KG play, although I'm not sure it was really the plan. Nice to see KG steal the inbounds pass shortly after as a bonus! The Sixers fans were heartbroken :P

Anyway I just hope Doc stops overplaying the starters even if it means "sacrificing" some wins, because at this rate Rondo will be out for the playoffs and the Big Three pretty tired. I wonder if Marquis is OK, he attempted only one shot in this game because he basically couldn't pass it up, but he wore some stuff on his thumb after last night's hit... hope it's nothing.

9 in a row and another Orlando defeat is great though, keep it up but don't overplay the key guys!

« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2010, 08:22:47 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I was thinking that Doc would go with the usual Pierce iso for the game winner so I wasn't confident about our chances of winning but it was a really good surprise to see the Rondo/KG play, although I'm not sure it was really the plan. Nice to see KG steal the inbounds pass shortly after as a bonus!

Yes, it was a nice play, but agreed, not sure it was the main play they wanted.

I hope there's more like this.  The more that Doc mixes the last plays between PP, RA, KG, the better -- it will keep opponents guessing.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2010, 09:04:25 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I was thinking that Doc would go with the usual Pierce iso for the game winner so I wasn't confident about our chances of winning but it was a really good surprise to see the Rondo/KG play, although I'm not sure it was really the plan. Nice to see KG steal the inbounds pass shortly after as a bonus!

I hope there's more like this.  The more that Doc mixes the last plays between PP, RA, KG, the better -- it will keep opponents guessing.

I think during out of bounds plays, Doc usually draws up creative plays and stays away from straight isos, especially with under 10 secs to play.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I think this was a strategic day off for Shaq. We play 3 games in 4 days and probably felt we could give them the night off vs. the Sixers bigs.

Agree with the minutes of our Big 4. Really surprised Wafer didn't see more action. He hit his only shot, a 3, and was really aggressive on D. Almost forcing a TO on Turner during one play. Again, he should've had received more run.

« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2010, 04:51:40 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I think during out of bounds plays, Doc usually draws up creative plays and stays away from straight isos, especially with under 10 secs to play.
He'll call for the iso if we're up and/or if we're tied more frequently. If we're down he's much more aggressive.

« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2010, 05:32:09 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

He'll call for the iso if we're up and/or if we're tied more frequently. If we're down he's much more aggressive.

Yeah, if we are down it's ok to take a risk like this. A play like this would be kind of stupid IMO if we were up or tied because of all the things that could go wrong (mainly turning the ball over) If we are up or tied %100 every time go with the ISO

« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2010, 06:48:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
 A win is a win but it was a close call those young legs almost kicked us.