Author Topic: Celtics (18-4) at Bobcats (8-14)  (Read 18651 times)

Re: Celtics (18-4) at Bobcats (8-14)
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2010, 09:37:34 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Now, a nice decent break until we travel to NY. The Knicks are playing well right now.

I can't remember them being this good in Dec except for the Ewing days.

or the Bernard King days in the mid - 80's. don't you remember the christmas day disaster in 1985 when the Celts blew a 25-point lead. seems like it was Bird who said that that game inspired the team the rest of the season to stay focused - of course, i regard that 85-86 team as the greatest NBA team of all time, though i think you always ahve to give consideration to Russell's teams, maybe the '65 Celts.

God, it's fun to be enjoying the Celtics again - they are a pleasure to watch, mostly because of their togetherness.

Man, I loved Bernard King - that man was a scorer to say the least. When he got rolling, no one could stop him.

It will be fun on Wednesday. A good Boston-NY rivalry is always welcomed. I hope we have Shaq by then, though - Amare is toasting nearly every team they play right now.

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2010, 09:40:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Spurs are the only team I think could beat LA in the West.

They could - Spurs are dangerous right now. But Lord I hope not. LA and Boston needs to meet one more time in June to settle this.

At end of day, I'll take Banner 18 against whoever. But the Revenge factor in me wants no other than the Purple and Gold.

I agree. I want a possible Game 7 in Boston this time around.

i want the lakers and i want them bad - and i want to beat them up again, like in '84 & '08, but i want it in 4-5 games, not 7.

Wouldn't that be sweet. Man if that happened, can you imagine the LA Bandwagoners jumping off that wreck? Silver Screen and Roll would become a Ghost Town overnight, except for a few fans.

« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2010, 09:47:30 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i think boston is making a push to get home court...esp over the lakers. they utterly destroyed the bobcats tonight

« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2010, 09:49:40 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I like this..Lakers losing, and we keep winning.

Celtics building that early cushion for homecourt advantage?

I know it's still early in the season, but if this keeps up, LA will have a hole too big to get out of. Plus, they might get a surprise from Lebron and Co again on Christmas - two years in a row.

Yes. C's keep griding with the injury situation and Lakers keep losing. LA may not even have the best record in their own conference at the end of the season.

That would be funny. But as much as I can't stand LA, I don't see anyone out West beating them in 7 games, even without Bynum.

I hope they can keep it together just long enough to survive until June.

If Bynum isn't healthy, they could be very vulnerable to the Spurs.  I consider Kobe/Ginobli and Duncan/Gasol a wash, while Parker against Fisher/Blake without Bynum waiting in the paint is big trouble for them.

The Mavs could also be dangerous if they can turn Caron Butler's contract and Roddy Beaubois into a better offensive player. 

Good Points, all - but I don't see Manu being on same level as Kobe, even though Manu is a great player.

The more I think of it, LA will definitely need Bynum in some form to make it through the West.

I was off in my prediction earlier.

Even in 7 game series, Gasol can't take that much pounding by himself, even though he is a great player. He is showing some signs of wear and tear even now.

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2010, 09:59:59 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
The last team I want to see in the Finals (whether we get there or not) is the Lakers.  That would mean they still have a chance to win a championship.  The sooner they are eliminated the better.  Always.

« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2010, 10:11:35 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
The last team I want to see in the Finals (whether we get there or not) is the Lakers.  That would mean they still have a chance to win a championship.  The sooner they are eliminated the better.  Always.

I see your point. LA is dangerous as always. But how sweet it would be to have the Green deny them (and Kobe) their 17th Banner, tying us.

Having their loss come with Shaq of all people - the Forgotten Laker - wearing Green now.

Having a Healthy KG dominate Gasol, like it was 07-08 again.

Having Perk back, with his scowl.

Having Pierce abuse Matt Barnes, like he did against ORL last playoff series.

Having Ray light em up again with those 8 threes....

Having an improved Rondo run rampid through LA's backcourt.....

Seeing DWest get his ring - In Green.

I'm sorry - June 2011 has to be LA and Boston. Anyone else besides these two just wouldn't be right, IMO - no matter how much MIA is hyped up.

« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2010, 10:57:31 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
For the game tonight, I have to give a little love to Wafer. Not bad at all - 5 pts, 4 assists (2nd on team tonight), a reb and only 1 turnover in 12 min.

Just saw this in looking at the box scores.

« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2010, 02:49:30 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Watching for the first time right now, (as usual, for us "Second-Shifters"), and I can not imagine how we could end up with a 31 -point blowout ... this is one ugly game! ;)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 03:50:03 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2010, 02:53:49 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Gotta love KG clapping his hands on defense ... don't remember seeing the "Tiger-Crouch" yet this year, just a half-crouch where he puts one hand down on the floor. Can't wait for the full crouch! (Maybe he's saving that for the Playoffs?). ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2010, 03:01:22 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Wow ... a sweet tres by 'Quis ... love it!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2010, 04:05:04 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
First sell-out crowd of the season for the Bobcats ... I don't think many of them saw the end, (ouch!). Really like what I saw from Semih and Marquis especially tonight, and the whole team playing huge defense in the second half.

Really beautiful passing by Wafer as well, and Big Baby has been a very consistent 6th-Star player for us off the bench, (I'll be surprised if he doesn't get that award this year). Lovin' this team, and this is without Shaq, Jermaine, and Delonte.

I can't wait to see us in full-force, with everyone healthy ... definitely deeper than 2007-2008, and more a experienced core, as well. I mean, just think of our starting five this year, and the power and play they bring to the court each night ... awesome team!

When (and if) this team is completely healthy, it's easily the best Celtics team since '85-'86. The sky is the limit this year, and health the key ... let's all pray the lockout never happens, so we can get another two years from KG and Shaq. :)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2010, 09:06:52 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
First sell-out crowd of the season for the Bobcats ... I don't think many of them saw the end, (ouch!).
Actually we did. Don't know if you could see or not but the stands last nigh had more Celtics fans the Bobcats ones. It was a wave of green and felt more like a home game for Boston then a road game.

We must have lot's of people down here from Boston because most of them sounded like someone from your area. I'm from Charlotte so I was a little different. Still had my green on
however.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2010, 09:09:28 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
First sell-out crowd of the season for the Bobcats ... I don't think many of them saw the end, (ouch!).
Actually we did. Don't know if you could see or not but the stands last nigh had more Celtics fans the Bobcats ones. It was a wave of green and felt more like a home game for Boston then a road game.

We must have lot's of people down here from Boston because most of them sounded like someone from your area. I'm from Charlotte so I was a little different. Still had my green on
however.

I meant the Bobcat fans actually ... you could tell the celtic fans stayed because most of the people still there at the end of the game were either wearing green or applauding. Sounds like we've got quite a few from down your way! :)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2010, 09:18:02 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

however.

I meant the Bobcat fans actually ... you could tell the celtic fans stayed because most of the people still there at the end of the game were either wearing green or applauding. Sounds like we've got quite a few from down your way! :)
As a kid in the 80's you had two teams to like. Atlanta because it was close. Or Boston because they're the best team in the east and had that Larry Bird guy. So most people picked
the Celtics.

Then we got the Hornets and loved them. I wanted Charlotte to win every game they played as long as it wasn't against Boston. But then the Hornets went away and many of use never started liking the Bobcats.
Peace through Tyranny