Author Topic: Nuggets (13-6) at Celtics (16-4) 12/8  (Read 27505 times)

Re: Nuggets (13-6) at Celtics (16-4) 12/8
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2010, 09:58:18 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Good to see all players bar Perk, Delonte and JO on the floor. Hope they are all overcoming their various niggling injuries.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2010, 09:59:38 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Von Wafer is definitely the most selfish player in the league.

Seriously, he really stands out when he's out there.  What a chucker.  Hope we can find a replacement for him soon.

I like Von fine.  He has a lot of talent, especially for a 3rd string 2-guard (once Delonte gets back).

So what if he's a gunner?  That's his job.  As long as he plays D and doesn't freeze out his teammates (no signs of that so far) I'm fine with him.
He's definitely a chucker to the point of too obviously being concerned only with his shot on offense.  as a 3rd guard, we could do worse but if Danny can find someone better to replace him, I won't miss him.
he doesn't move his feet on defense when he's in and tends to foul (or try to) hard
he shoots the three AGAIN tonight with 30 seconds or under on the clock, last time other team took offense which they should have
he shot 4 shots in SIX minutes, Nate who I'd consider a guy who's job it is to go in and shoot, 17 minutes 5 shots
can't wait 'til he's gone, he's a d league chucker at best, add in 2 to in those 6 minutes
Von Wafer shouts ichuckit at beginning of games instead of what everyone else says

« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2010, 09:59:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
That looked like sheldon catching the ball....and dunking...his "cement hands" must have helped..!
Because of one dunk means he has amazing hands?

In other news its cold outside so global warming isn't a problem and we can expect KG to shoot 88.8% from the field after tonight.

Go join a gym, then a basketball league, then we'll talk...!

What does that mean? You throw out that arguement very often. What are you some retired HOF player?

That was a easy bucket for Shelden....but that shot alone doesn't make him a good offensive player. Please stop with this Shelden obsession now. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

The Celtics didn't think he was a good fit here and they have moved on..just like Shelden....maybe you should too.
TP for saying it so I didn't have to bother.

« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2010, 04:01:18 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Just watched the game, (re-run), and at the end, KG went over to George Karl and said something to him ... don't know what it was, but George really teared up. Classy move by Garnett, and a very nice win at home.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 04:37:50 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2010, 04:29:07 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Just watched the game! Great one, except for the 2nd unit collapse but unfortunately it was too be expected. I liked how the starters came back and kept the lead even when the Nuggets were making all their 3's.

I wish the starters played less minutes but we got the win and it was an easy 4th quarter so that's OK. The first quarter was a beauty to watch by the way. 8)

« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2010, 11:49:50 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The league made our starters play by keeping the game close with their whistle blowers.  That ref-ing was horrible when ever we got a big lead.