Author Topic: Is this too much, or too little.  (Read 5391 times)

Is this too much, or too little.
« on: November 29, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

A. Iguodala, J. Holliday, and T. Young, for Lebron or Wade.

If you were A Miami GM, talent wise is that something you would think about doing to make your team better now and down the road.

And if not, plus one first round pick, how many people pull the trigger on that.

Re: Is this too much, or too little.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 09:23:49 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Terrible trade for Miami.  AI2 doesn't have an outside shot and it doesn't add size.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 09:24:13 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I don't think Philly does that one.

I'd have to look at the money

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:30:26 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

They do it in a heartbeat. 

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 09:32:20 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Why would Philly want to trade good young talent for a team killer/quitter? 

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 09:36:58 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Lets see, a guy that has won a title or a guy that has lead his team to the finals.  Yeah, they wouldn't give away an overpayed SG, a backup PF/SF and a 2nd year PG. 

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 09:44:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Lets see, a guy that has won a title or a guy that has lead his team to the finals.  Yeah, they wouldn't give away an overpayed SG, a backup PF/SF and a 2nd year PG. 
Led his team to the finals? And a 4 game sweep?  And where is he leading his team now?
And D Wade winning a title is a joke. Within a couple years of Shaq leaving that team won the draft lottery and picked 2nd overall.

The question is would Jrue, Andre, Thadeus and a first rounder help D Wade and Bosh win a title more easily than LeQueen. I think it's unquestionable. 

Paul Pierce exposed Lebron as overhyped 2nd tier talent.  Then he exposed himself as a quitter. 

Lebron may manage to ride D Wade's coattails to a ring or three, but Andre is no slouch and Jrue is a one of the top young pgs in the league, and Thaddeus is quality depth.

Let's look at this way.  If the Heat played the Sixers tomorrow who wins? Aha! Had to think about it, didn't you?

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 09:45:56 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Led his team to the finals? And a 4 game sweep?  And where is he leading his team now?
And D Wade winning a title is a joke. Within a couple years of Shaq leaving that team won the draft lottery and picked 2nd overall.

The question is would Jrue, Andre, Thadeus and a first rounder help D Wade and Bosh win a title more easily than LeQueen. I think it's unquestionable. 

Paul Pierce exposed Lebron as overhyped 2nd tier talent.  Then he exposed himself as a quitter. 

Lebron may manage to ride D Wade's coattails to a ring or three, but Andre is no slouch and Jrue is a one of the top young pgs in the league, and Thaddeus is quality depth.

Let's look at this way.  If the Heat played the Sixers tomorrow who wins? Aha! Had to think about it, didn't you?

Name one thing those three have done but miss the playoffs.

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 09:51:41 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

How could Jru have done much in this league? It's his 2nd year.  And isn't it Thadeus' 3rd? Maybe 4th. 

So what would happen?  Lebron would team with Evan Turner and lead the last place Sixers to the finals and somehow be remarkably better than he was with Cleveland? 

He's Lebron. Not MJ (or Bird or Magic.)  Think Vince Carter but better passing and more hype.

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 09:55:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
To be fair I'm not really thinking Miami does the deal either.

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 09:57:14 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Think Vince Carter but better passing and more hype.

Perfect.  TP.

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 10:01:58 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Think Vince Carter but better passing and more hype.

Perfect.  TP.
Well seriously. What's the difference?  Is it that different? He's a little better rebounder too. Big whoop.

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 10:19:52 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Eja the Vince Carter comment was truly Awesome. Tp Well done.

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 10:26:10 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

How could Jru have done much in this league? It's his 2nd year.  And isn't it Thadeus' 3rd? Maybe 4th. 

So what would happen?  Lebron would team with Evan Turner and lead the last place Sixers to the finals and somehow be remarkably better than he was with Cleveland? 

He's Lebron. Not MJ (or Bird or Magic.)  Think Vince Carter but better passing and more hype.

Take Pippin off the Bulls and he's exactly MJ.

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 10:28:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Take Pippin off the Bulls and he's exactly MJ.
But he's got D Wade and Bosh now.  Would MJ be 10-8 with those guys with bickering going on? What would Paul Pierce or Kobe do with those guys?