Author Topic: Blazers (8-9) at Celtics (13-4) 12/1  (Read 24664 times)

Re: Blazers (8-9) at Celtics (13-4) 12/1
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2010, 11:53:39 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Man, this team sucks. Even if they win this game they showed us why none of the "experts" pick them to win the championship, they suck in the 4th quarter.

I know right! good thing they've lucked out to a 14-4 record since they suck so much  ::)

I swear, you can't please some people. Last time i checked, winning is winning.

I've heard this BS sentiment about the pats this year too

"oh, we got lucky! we should be 7-4 at best, this team blows!"

Spoiled, spoiled fan base around here lately in all sports.

I for one don't give a flaming poop how you win, Just win baby. the W's all actually count the same come playoff seeding time. this ain't the BCS.

Well said....TP.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2010, 12:02:56 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I haven't seen the game yet, (have to watch at 2AM), but watching the highlights, I saw that a Portland player was standing right behind Ray and saying something to make him miss on that last tres ... after Ray made the huge shot, he turned around, (while running down-court), and said something back to him. Just wondering if anyone saw who it was, or heard what either of them said. Ray's not one to usually talk trash, but I love it when he gets to silence his detractors.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2010, 12:54:16 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I haven't seen the game yet, (have to watch at 2AM), but watching the highlights, I saw that a Portland player was standing right behind Ray and saying something to make him miss on that last tres ... after Ray made the huge shot, he turned around, (while running down-court), and said something back to him. Just wondering if anyone saw who it was, or heard what either of them said. Ray's not one to usually talk trash, but I love it when he gets to silence his detractors.

I thought it was directed at Aldridge, who closed out on him.

I knew that one was going down. Too bad we actually NEEDED that shot after being up 16 with a few minutes to go.

As long as it goes in the W column.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2010, 01:01:44 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I thought it was directed at Aldridge, who closed out on him.

I knew that one was going down. Too bad we actually NEEDED that shot after being up 16 with a few minutes to go.

As long as it goes in the W column.

Thank you, GE ... can't wait to watch it! (TP) Sounds like it was ugly, but a win is a win.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2010, 03:57:41 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Man, the Celtics just plain got over-confident in this one with their 16-point lead, stopped being aggressive, and Portland took advantage. They were very lucky to get away with a win.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2010, 02:11:15 PM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7
There were really only 7 players in rotation tonight. Doc must really not trust the second unit.

Also, if I recall correctly, the Celtics started to lose that big lead after they took Daniels out and put in Pierce. Up until that point, they were playing fantastically for a stretch. There was lots of passing, forcing defensive breakdowns. Then they got lazy somehow. Seemed like they were just trying to wind down the clock.

No, you do not recall correctly. Pierce was on the bench when the lead started dwindling.  There was only around 5 minutes left in the game when he came back in.  As what normally happens his teammates forgot he was back in the game.
Paul played a great game last night.