Author Topic: Movie of the Year!! Official trailer No.1  (Read 9372 times)

Re: Movie of the Year!! Official trailer No.1
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 11:04:38 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
surprised they made a second one.

Some of the adults in here might not like Cars, but from what I've seen it's universally adored by children.  

Why did they make a sequel?  Because the first one generated $5 billion in revenue (toys, merchandise, etc.), according to wikipedia, a record for a Pixar film.  It's box office did $461 million worldwide, and who knows how much in dvd sales.

Roy is right.

I work in the toy industry and Cars is a brand now. Kids absolutely love it.

Entertainment drives licensing opportunities. Now with a presence in childrens homes accross multiple platforms, this movie will be huge.

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 11:28:12 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30

Some of the adults in here might not like Cars, but from what I've seen it's universally adored by children.  

Why did they make a sequel?  Because the first one generated $5 billion in revenue (toys, merchandise, etc.), according to wikipedia, a record for a Pixar film.  It's box office did $461 million worldwide, and who knows how much in dvd sales.

Roy is right.

Entertainment drives licensing opportunities. Now with a presence in childrens homes accross multiple platforms, this movie will be huge.

Exactly.  I work at a YMCA, the amount of kids with Cars backpacks/lunchboxes/t-shirts is amazing.  It seems like they all have something from the movie.
do it

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 11:58:23 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Roy is right.

Exactly.  I work at a YMCA, the amount of kids with Cars backpacks/lunchboxes/t-shirts is amazing.  It seems like they all have something from the movie.
well that would certainly explain why they made another.  definitely wasn't based on the quality of the movie/characters/story.

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 06:58:38 PM »

Offline Yusuf Mohammed

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
is this film in the cinema ?

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 07:52:24 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
is this film in the cinema ?

It will be from June I think

And to be honest the good thing with cars, other than they make ESCELLENT TOYs and collector items
is that theyre really funny and balanced with all characters and it really give room for more, like in mater tales.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 08:38:17 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Having a hard time buying into the Cars as detectives plot line!
Yup