Author Topic: Class of 2012: Austin Rivers and Andre Dummond  (Read 5947 times)

Class of 2012: Austin Rivers and Andre Dummond
« on: November 16, 2010, 07:54:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfEGZ9RNTj0&feature=player_embedded#!

Wow is all i can say. Doc Rivers child? No kidding. If Rivers is still here in 2012 imagine drafting his son onto the team? I can picture him easily playing alongside Rondo. He looks really savvy from the clips (private tutor from dad) but also is really athletic and has speed to burn. I doubt we have a chance in the world to draft him unless the Celtics collapse next season.

Re: Class of 2012: Austin Rivers and Andre Dummond
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 07:56:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYlnK-kQuHA&feature=player_embedded

My mouth dropped when i saw this clip. He is a man child plus has top notch basketball iq. Like a mix breed between Tim Duncan and Dwight Howard (scary thought for any team not drafting him in a few years)

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 07:58:38 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
My conspiracy theory is that Danny told Doc that if he came back to coach, they'd tank the 2011-2012 season and draft his kid #1 overall...  ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 08:06:04 PM by the_Bird »

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 08:09:26 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Thanks for the links.

In addition to being Doc's son, didn't Austin Rivers appear in a video in which he schools John Wall in a pickup game earlier this summer?

Andre Dummond: didn't know about him until now -- he's so long I could swear that the baskets are lower than they should be.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 08:12:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Thanks for the links.

In addition to being Doc's son, didn't Austin Rivers appear in a video in which he schools John Wall in a pickup game earlier this summer?

Andre Dummond: didn't know about him until now -- he's so long I could swear that the baskets are lower than they should be.

Here we go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y1uF90ihgA
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 09:22:44 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
As a Tarheel fan, its my obligation to say that Rivers really is just a 3 pt threat in the ACC.  The guy you want to start looking at is Harrison Barnes from UNC.  

Wait till the Heels rip the Dukies this season and everything will go back to normal.  Duke and its players all overrated,  UNC clobbering Duke in the season, UNC winning another championship. 

Oh yeah and another thing back to normal, the Rat will complain about UNC, the refs and generally complain about everything rodent-related.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 09:38:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Harrison Ford is a beast sf i have to admit. But he is probably going to be drafted in this years draft.

Ford and Rivers are also different type of players. Ford likes to mix it up inside the paint, can muscle his shots in and also acrobatically finish but he can't dribble nor shoot nearly as good as Rivers. Not that , that will be expected of him since he is a SF and needs to have a good in between game instead

Rivers is still frail and that is the reason he can't penetrate well yet in ncaa. Give him a year or two to build his strength and there will be the video clip i posted above but instead in the nba environment

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 11:40:38 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
I honnestly think that Doc Rivers intends to retire from coaching before Austin Rivers is drafted onto a team, he's such a family first person that i doubt he has it in him to be anything else but a father to that kid, he wont like being his coach and he wont like coaching against him.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 12:12:27 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
austin can just quit playing, saying he won't play anymore or sign with anyone and we can draft him. that might work.

Rondo Bradley
West Rivers
xxxx xxxx
Baby
Howard Perkins

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 12:19:28 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
Harrison Ford is a beast sf i have to admit. But he is probably going to be drafted in this years draft.

Ford and Rivers are also different type of players. Ford likes to mix it up inside the paint, can muscle his shots in and also acrobatically finish but he can't dribble nor shoot nearly as good as Rivers. Not that , that will be expected of him since he is a SF and needs to have a good in between game instead

Rivers is still frail and that is the reason he can't penetrate well yet in ncaa. Give him a year or two to build his strength and there will be the video clip i posted above but instead in the nba environment

Hahaha... Harrison Ford is Han Solo.  Harrison Barnes is a freshman for UNC. 

Austin Rivers has an absolutely sick crossover.  He reminds me of Deron Williams without the muscle mass. 

Andre Drummond has a shot at being something special.  His tools are about as good as you get; it's up to him how good he becomes.

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 07:33:56 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Harrison Barnes i meant. Must be all the reruns of the Fugitive that is on tv.

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 08:10:25 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Alot of the comments under this video on youtube states he has no left hand. Saw the clip again and its true he never finishes with his left but i don't think it matters. He can dribble his dribble with his left hand and has some pretty creative ways to finish with his right on the left side.

If he looks as good as he is on the clips (penetration, shooting lights out) and should be good at playing sound defensive basketball , he could turn out to be something special

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 08:31:54 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
goes to his left very well. very quick first step.  Not sure if he is a pg or 2 guard. kid can play. congrats to doc.

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 09:17:22 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Kid the Celtics will want won't come out until 2014: Nerlens Noel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2xagIB1aOo

Local kid from Everett Mass!!!!! Currently ranked #3 best player in his class!!!! He's already being hailed as the best defensive player in the country as a sophomore!!!!

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 09:30:09 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
My conspiracy theory is that Danny told Doc that if he came back to coach, they'd tank the 2011-2012 season and draft his kid #1 overall...  ;)

I have seen your theory before and stole the idea and told my friends the same thing. I hope you dont mind! TP!

I love Rivers seeing him play a couple of games. I think the way he makes scoring look effortless reminds me alot of Durant.

It is kind of weird that with Doc as his father, he developed sucha  strange shooting stroke though. He really needs to work on his shot if he wants to be a star. Hopefully he plays one year of college ball and dissappoints so that we can get him without tanking. Then in the NBA, Ray can show him how to shoot and we have the next big Celtics scoring star on our team.