Author Topic: What was Time Magazine thinking nominating Lebron as a person of the year?  (Read 8483 times)

Re: What was Time Magazine thinking nominating Lebron as a person of the year?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 12:08:20 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I nominate Gerald Green
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 01:25:53 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
According to Time its not an award -- merely a recognition of the stir someone causes in a year. Which makes it even dumber.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 07:12:25 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Didn't Hitler win one year  :o
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 07:42:57 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
ya probably just that for better or worse Lebron was one of the people in the world that caused the biggest stir this year
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 07:57:15 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
I dunno about y'all, however I think it's nice that TIME magazine is giving LeBron James (or any NBA athlete) some well-deserved recognition by nominating him as person of the year. It looks like LeBron James has moved on from 'The Decision' and is ready to start the next phase of his NBA career.

The Eastern Conference is stacked this season; could you imagine if 'Melo was traded to the Knicks before the deadline, or if Kobe Bryant played for the New York Knicks after his contract with the Lakers was up? I'm sure that most Lakers fans want Kobe to retire as a Los Angeles Laker, so there is very small chance of that happening.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 08:44:53 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
blah blah blah LeBron is evil...

ANYWAYS, LeBron would be an excellent choice for the award given what it means.  I can't think of a single person who got more attention and notoriety in the last year.  And the whole idea of the Decision and players taking more of their careers in their own hands is also an interesting thread that will only become more and more relevant in the future of sports, and LeBron embodies that.  I think him winning would make a lot of sense and he surely should be nominated.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 09:06:50 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 08:45:55 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
What's the criteria that goes into the award? James may not have the talent of Lady Gaga,

This made me LOL.  One of the better basketball players of all time doesn't have more talent than a 2nd rate Madonna?  Come back in a few years and tell me if she is still even relevant because I certainly know LeBron will be :P
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
What's the criteria that goes into the award? James may not have the talent of Lady Gaga,

This made me LOL.  One of the better basketball players of all time doesn't have more talent than a 2nd rate Madonna?  Come back in a few years and tell me if she is still even relevant because I certainly know LeBron will be :P

How do you know? Are you some sort of seer? For all we know Lebron might get a career ending injury tomorrow

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
What is the criteria for getting nominated? What did that dude do, anyway, to deserve the nomination?
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird