Author Topic: Celtics (6-1) at Mavericks (3-2) 11/8  (Read 57814 times)

Celtics (6-1) at Mavericks (3-2) 11/8
« on: November 08, 2010, 07:25:43 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 
Boston Celtics (6-1) at Dallas Mavericks (3-2)
Monday, November 8
8:30 PM ET
Game #8  Road Game #4
TV:  CSNNE, FSSW-DAL, LP 758/759
Radio WEEI, KESN
American Airlines Arena

Nicknamed the AAC, American Airlines Center, home of the Dallas Mavericks is one of the best arenas in the NBA. American Airlines Center was constructed in Victory Park in order to help revitalize and redevelop the area into mix use development that includes the arena, housing and commercial spaces. From the exterior, the arena is a massive structure that has a façade of brick and glass arches. Because of the design, American Airlines Center has won numerous architectural awards. The Mavericks played their first game at the arena on October 30, 2001 against the Detroit Pistons. American Airlines Center has a seating capacity of 19,200 with 142 luxury suites and 1,600 club seats.

Probable Starting Matchups
Point Guard
  vs 
Rajon Rondo vs Jason Kidd

Shooting Guard

vs 
Ray Allen vs Jason Terry

Small Forward

vs 
Paul Pierce vs Caron Butler

Power Forward
  vs 
Kevin Garnett vs Dirk Nowitski   

Center

vs 
Jermaine O'Neal vs Tyson Chandler 

Boston Bench Mob
Marquis Daniels
Glen Davis
Luke Harangody
Nate Robinson
Von Wafer
Semih Erden

Injured
Kendrick Perkins (knee) out
Avery Bradley (ankle) day to day
Shaquille O'Neal (knee) day to day
Delonte West (Suspended)
Rajon Rondo (feet)  probable   

Dallas Reserves
Dominique Jones
Shawn Marion
Jose Juan Barea
Brendan Haywood
Brian Cardinal
Ian Mahinmi
DeShawn Stevenson
Alexis Ajinca
Steve Novak 

Injuries
Rodrigue Beaubois (foot)  out 

Team Connections
Caron Butler and Ray Allen both attended the University of Connecticut
Mavs head coach Rick Carlisle played for the Celtics from 1984‐87
Marquis Daniels played for the Mavericks from 2003‐06.
Kevin Garnett played for Dallas Assistant Coach Dwane Casey when Casey coached the Minnesota Timberwolves from 2005‐07
Ray Allen and Tim Thomas were teammates in Milwaukee from 1998‐2003
Jermaine O’Neal played for Rick Carlisle in Indiana from 2003‐07
Tim Thomas and Nate Robinson were teammates in New York during the 2008‐09 season

Key Matchups
  vs
Rajon Rondo vs Jason Kidd
After facing 2 of the top young PG's in his last two games, Rondo now has to play one of the top veteran PG's in the league in Jason Kidd.  Rondo has the speed,  but Kidd has the experience.  All in all, the Celtics should have the advantage. 

vs 
Kevin Garnett vs Dirk Nowitski 
This should be a great matchup between two of the premiere power forwards in the league.   Dirk has the capability of taking over a game and KG will need to concentrate on his defense to keep him from having a big game. 

Game Notes 
Last Season the Celtics split the series 1‐1.  Paul Pierce led the Celtics with an average of 26.5 points per game against the Mavericks shooting 55.9% from the fiel.   Ray Allen also notched an average of 21.0 points per game.   Dirk Nowitzki led the Mavericks with an average of 32.5 points per game while shooting  61.0% from the field.  Jason Kidd added a double‐double with 12.0 points and 13.0 assists per game.

The Mavs have been playing great defense, holding opponents to 39.8% shooting.  They have also been sharing the ball, notching at least 20 assists in each of their games so far.  The Celtics have to match their defensive intensity if they want to win this game. 

This will be a very tough game for the Celtics.  They are playing in the second of back to back games on the road.  The Mavs are a deep team with a strong bench also so the Celtics reserves have to come to play.  They play of the Celtics bench will be a key in this game. 

Keys to the Game
Rebound
Limit Turnovers
Defense
Bench Play

Odd Fact
They were named the Dallas Mavericks following a name the team contest. Other finalists from the 4,600 entries were Wranglers and Express.

X-Factor
Fatigue
Playing in the second of back to back games on the road along with overnight travel from Oklahoma City to Dallas,  fatigue may come into play.  The Celtics have to get quality minutes from their bench in both games in order for the starters not to run out of gas at the end. 

Re: Celtics (6-1) at Mavericks (3-2) 11/8
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 07:37:53 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
 Shaq should play in this one. I think Shaq was rested vs. OKC because matchup wise Dallas makes more sense (Chandler & Haywood) than the more athletic Thunder, since they likely didn't want him playing back to back games because of the bruise.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 07:38:55 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
not expecting much out of JO tonight

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 10:31:21 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Takin' my short drive down I-35, approaching Denton, Tx texting my thoughts while I drive 33 miles an hour over the speed limit. Ouch sounds like a recipe for 33 days in jail......

Oh wait, I moved on to the Northwest and am daydreaming about being in the warm Texas sun, taking a vacation from Kansas.

The Celtics will have to rebound against this Dallas team and make Jason Kidd want to retire. Winning in Dallas used to be a priveledge now it is kind of expected. I look for more good work up and down the lineup and get a good work up for the Miami showdown on TNT Thursday night.

With all the Laker and Heat haters out there, wearing a Celtic Jacket seems to draw smiles and wishes for good luck all around the country - must be the Good Ole Boy effect or something.

Now onto my BBQ ribs and Sammy's - breakfast of champions  ;)
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 10:37:47 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The Mavs haven't played well at home, hopefully the C's can keep that trend going.

Its been a tough slate to start the season.

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 11:41:22 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
TP. Go Celtics!

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 11:47:54 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Lets keep this streak going, hopefully Shaq gets off his lazy butt and plays its ridiculous already all over a bruise
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 11:54:44 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If Jermaine is hurt I'd rather see him sit this one out than try to tough it out. It's a marathon not a sprint.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 05:57:50 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I have a bad feeling about this one considering it's a back to back, that Shaq won't play and that JO is kind of hurt. But I am hoping for a good surprise when I watch the game tomorrow on LP.

TP FL and go Celtics!

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 06:01:17 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Thanks for post, FLCeltsFan and TP4U!

We'll be fine if we take care of business. I hope Rondo can get some time off of those wheels of his, too.

Hope to see more good stuff from our bench.

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 06:44:19 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I think this is the type of game we should expect to be a loss for the C's.  First road-road back-to-back and a long way from home.  I really expect C's to struggle all year on 2nd nights of btb. 

I'd actually prefer they use these games to give some long run to the bench. Appoaching the season like a marathon should mean strategizing and pacing in order to be in position to take it all in the end.  Tired legs in Dallas during Game 8 is not ideal.  Let the bench see the court early and often.

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 07:33:48 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
TP FLCF.

This will be a tough game.  The starters will show their age on the second game of a back to back.

If KG has a big night, though, I feel good things from the Cs.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 07:40:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Good opportunity for Rondo to have a big game. No way Kidd or Terry can stay in front of him.

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 08:17:09 PM »

Offline paul

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 15
beautiful arena

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 08:21:16 PM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 232
Downside: Road trip, BTB, ailing centers.  Upside, C's pretty have favorable individual match-ups  Rondo should have his way with this backcourt, as should Paul and  Ray on the wing. Containing Dirk/forcing others to pick up the slack is key. And, legs.
"Celtics Bring Structure And Discipline To A Chaotic World"