Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 356982 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2010, 04:25:24 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Episode 4 was great. I didn't think of the fish smell attracting zombies but it does make sense. I also think Merle will come back in a future season, it wouldn't make sense to see him come back now.

The zombie attack scenes were very well done, a lot of tension and blood. I liked the twist about the Mexican guys, it adds an interesting "alternate" story to the comics.

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2010, 02:02:24 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I really enjoyed the 4th episode. I like how it spent most of the episode developing characters and then ended with a bang.

I wonder how many seasons they envisioned this running.

Can't believe I missed it! Does anyone know if it's on HULU (or similar)? I think they wait a week or two before they let you watch on AMC.com.

I think the pilot is on hulu but nothing else is.  

This last episode started off interesting, started to lose me about halfway through with the seemingly pointless Mexican standoff (no pun intended), and then completely redeemed itself in the last 20 minutes or so when we saw what the gang had been doing, and then all hell broke loose at the camp.  My favorite episode since the pilot.

I'm curious to see if they address how the zombies got so close without setting off their can-and-string "alarm"...as quickly as they got there they might as well have teleported in.  Pretty stupid of them not to step up their security after they realized the zombies were getting closer to camp, but I'm glad we finally got to see the zombies chomping on some folks.  

Thanks for the update, FWF (TP) ... the first couple of episodes are available on AMC.com, but not the fourth ... really unhappy about missing it. I'm sure after it's over all the episodes will be on HULU, etc. ... gonna watch the fifth and final, but I really wanted to see the fourth first. Oh, well.  :P
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2010, 02:27:37 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I really enjoyed the 4th episode. I like how it spent most of the episode developing characters and then ended with a bang.

Can't believe I missed it! Does anyone know if it's on HULU (or similar)? I think they wait a week or two before they let you watch on AMC.com.

This last episode started off interesting, started to lose me about halfway through with the seemingly pointless Mexican standoff (no pun intended), and then completely redeemed itself in the last 20 minutes or so when we saw what the gang had been doing, and then all hell broke loose at the camp.  My favorite episode since the pilot.

I'm curious to see if they address how the zombies got so close without setting off their can-and-string "alarm"...as quickly as they got there they might as well have teleported in.  Pretty stupid of them not to step up their security after they realized the zombies were getting closer to camp, but I'm glad we finally got to see the zombies chomping on some folks.  

Thanks for the update, FWF (TP) ... the first couple of episodes are available on AMC.com, but not the fourth ... really unhappy about missing it. I'm sure after it's over all the episodes will be on HULU, etc. ... gonna watch the fifth and final, but I really wanted to see the fourth first. Oh, well.  :P
Does AMC post their series on Hulu? I have only seen series premieres of AMC shows on Hulu.

Do they replay the previous week before showing the new episode?

« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2010, 02:49:39 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

This last episode started off interesting, started to lose me about halfway through with the seemingly pointless Mexican standoff (no pun intended), and then completely redeemed itself in the last 20 minutes or so when we saw what the gang had been doing, and then all hell broke loose at the camp.  My favorite episode since the pilot.

I'm curious to see if they address how the zombies got so close without setting off their can-and-string "alarm"...as quickly as they got there they might as well have teleported in.  Pretty stupid of them not to step up their security after they realized the zombies were getting closer to camp, but I'm glad we finally got to see the zombies chomping on some folks. 

Thanks for the update, FWF (TP) ... the first couple of episodes are available on AMC.com, but not the fourth ... really unhappy about missing it. I'm sure after it's over all the episodes will be on HULU, etc. ... gonna watch the fifth and final, but I really wanted to see the fourth first. Oh, well.  :P
Does AMC post their series on Hulu? I have only seen series premieres of AMC shows on Hulu.

Do they replay the previous week before showing the new episode?

As far as I know, it's only the first episodes and various clips on HULU, and pretty much the same at AMC.com ... which is here: http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2010, 10:01:20 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
WOO HOOO! Its Walking Dead time!! Its Walking Dead Time!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2010, 10:13:17 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
It is remarkable the amount of gore they can show. They must have the FCC on speed-dial.

« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2010, 10:21:08 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
It is remarkable the amount of gore they can show. They must have the FCC on speed-dial.

The FCC has drastically changed their requirements of late ... just watch shows like "Saving Grace" ... total rear nudity and near total frontal. That's why I don't watch many of the "new" shows.

What I got a kick of from this show, was when the guy on the roof cut his hand off with a hack-saw to get free ... if he had a hack-saw, why didn't he just cut the handcuffs?

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2010, 10:22:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

The FCC has drastically changed their requirements of late ... just watch shows like "Saving Grace" ... total rear nudity and near frontal. That's why I don't watch many of the "new" shows.

What I got a kick of from this show, was when the guy on the roof cut his hand off with a hack-saw to get free ... if he had a hack-saw, why didn't he just cut the handcuffs?

They said "the saw must have been too dull to cut the cuffs" or something.

EDIT: But it is wild what the FCC is letting shows get away with now. On top of that though, check out some BBC shows like "Misfits"..they show borderline softcore stuff, swear profusely (and creatively..man I love english slang. I absolutely love it. I could listen to Nathan berate people all day long and not stop laughing)..I don't know how British television's system is  (BBC 1, 2 etc...), but it is nuts. Imagine PBS 4 airing "Trueblood" unedited.

« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2010, 10:33:50 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

The FCC has drastically changed their requirements of late ... just watch shows like "Saving Grace" ... total rear nudity and near frontal. That's why I don't watch many of the "new" shows.

They said "the saw must have been too dull to cut the cuffs" or something.

EDIT: But it is wild what the FCC is letting shows get away with now. On top of that though, check out some BBC shows like "Misfits"..they show borderline softcore stuff, swear profusely (and creatively..man I love english slang. I absolutely love it. I could listen to Nathan berate people all day long and not stop laughing)..I don't know how British television's system is  (BBC 1, 2 etc...), but it is nuts. Imagine PBS 4 airing "Trueblood" unedited.

Yeah, really. I love British slang, too ... like "wanker" and "tosspot" ... best thing is you can use it here and people don't know you're insulting them, lol. My infatuation with it began with Monty Python and some older shows like "The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin" and "Waiting For God" ... great stuff.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2010, 10:35:09 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Pretty good episode, though it looks like the slow pace is here to stay.  I wish they'd had a little more debate on leaving Jim out to die though; it was the humane thing to do but if he comes back and bites someone, the survivors have blood on their hands.  I'd've liked to see Daryl or someone else push back against leaving him there.

Looks like next episode they'll be spending a lot of time with Dr. Exposition.  Should be interesting.  But I'm really curious to see what winds up happening with the grenade Rick is still hanging on to.  Seems like it'll come in handy at some point.

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2010, 01:04:32 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I discovered where they get all those zombie extras from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al2b-QJjISI&feature=related

;)

But seriously, can't wait for the final episode Sunday!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2010, 01:51:39 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
Pretty underwhelmed with this show: bland characters and glacial pacing being amongst the prime flaws.

Saw that Darabont fired his entire writing staff today. Not surprised - there was some bad stuff that made it to air.

« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2010, 10:41:51 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Ok, so any guesses what Dr. Exposition whispered in Rick's ear?

I'm going with "There was a camera in the shower.  God bless you."

« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2010, 10:48:18 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

As soon as I saw that I thought "Ugh. Now we're going to wonder what he whispered in his ear."

« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2010, 10:58:24 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I'm pretty confident its this:

Everyone is already infected, because in the comics everyone has the virus. Even if you die from a "normal" trauma you still reanimate.

Spoiler tagged because its a guess based on comic knowledge.