Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 358138 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1110 on: December 13, 2016, 01:00:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
We stopped watching .

Show needed closure last year .

dragging on past it's time.

« Reply #1111 on: February 13, 2017, 06:35:27 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Cutting down all those highway zombies with the cable strung between the two cars was such a fantastic scene.

« Reply #1112 on: February 13, 2017, 06:44:08 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Cutting down all those highway zombies with the cable strung between the two cars was such a fantastic scene.

Yeh.  That one needs to be repeated.  Just go out there with the cheese slicer clothes line and cut down the numbers a bit!

Sort of reminded me of this scene: (warning major blood) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22XdYRbFHoE

All in all a pretty sappy episode though.
Yup

« Reply #1113 on: February 13, 2017, 06:47:53 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Yeh.  That one needs to be repeated.  Just go out there with the cheese slicer clothes line and cut down the numbers a bit!

Yeah I was pretty bored leading up to that moment.

« Reply #1114 on: February 13, 2017, 06:58:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

That SCENE was EPIC. I actually liked the episode. At least the entire time we saw a confident Rick (really missed that in the first half of the season). Some dull moments (Rosita in the episode was just.. bleh), but pretty good episode to start.

If you are hoping for a legit war/battle to start like in the comics, you will have to wait until the last few episodes of the season and into next season (still building up a bit).

The smile at the end by Rick was great to see as well. I wonder who he was smiling at though. Father Gabriel? Maybe Heath is back with another group?

I highly doubt it's Carol (which is a rumor).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1115 on: February 13, 2017, 07:40:30 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

If you are hoping for a legit war/battle to start like in the comics, you will have to wait until the last few episodes of the season and into next season (still building up a bit).

I wouldn't be surprised if it's longer than that.  I think the show will look to continue to play out the subjugation story line a bit longer.  I think it's going to take a pretty horrific thing happening to the Kingdom first (probably tied to the Saviors finding out Daryl has been given asylum there), and the show laid the groundwork for a number of story lines in last night's episode to delay that.

But I've never read the comics, so I don't know how closely the timelines and story of the show and comics relate, or if it matters going forward.

« Reply #1116 on: February 13, 2017, 07:54:07 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

That SCENE was EPIC. I actually liked the episode. At least the entire time we saw a confident Rick (really missed that in the first half of the season). Some dull moments (Rosita in the episode was just.. bleh), but pretty good episode to start.

The smile at the end by Rick was great to see as well. I wonder who he was smiling at though. Father Gabriel? Maybe Heath is back with another group?

I highly doubt it's Carol (which is a rumor).

Rick is all about the numbers now.  I think ithad to be something Gabriel related.  Why else show the opening scene?
Yup

« Reply #1117 on: February 26, 2017, 07:54:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I LOVE the Walking Dead even with some slow episodes (character development ones - ones that a lot of people HATE).

But I REALLY hope tonight's episode isn't all about "finding Daryl".

Not saying I expect a war but at least some action besides seeing Dwight on a motorcycle all episode surveying the land..  :o
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1118 on: February 26, 2017, 10:05:57 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
well that was a horrible way to go. 

« Reply #1119 on: March 12, 2017, 09:57:34 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
I think the dark sides of Morgan and Carol are going to be making appearances soon.

« Reply #1120 on: March 12, 2017, 10:08:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I think the dark sides of Morgan and Carol are going to be making appearances soon.
I think the Negan rebellion is going to need them

« Reply #1121 on: April 02, 2017, 11:28:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Spoiler Alert if you didn't see the last episode yet.

ok, who saw THAT coming?  got thrown off with the whole headphone thing with Sasha.  was that a zombie dream or did she really wait that long to take the pill?  would figure she'd need that whole 2 hour ride to convert.

« Reply #1122 on: April 02, 2017, 11:48:15 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
I'm not at all surprised the trash people double-crossed Rick and the gang.  Also not surprised the Maggie, Carol, Morgan and the Kingdom saved the day.

Good entertaining episode, a bit cliche, but had me on the edge of my seat none the less.

« Reply #1123 on: April 03, 2017, 12:44:42 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Definitely an enjoyable episode but did we really need the last 15 episodes of drudgery for that?

Since they started the build up to Negan in the middle of season six, it's like they (the producers) have gotten too wrapped up in their grandiose plans and have let quality control slide.  Like, all the big moments worked but there were a bunch of little things that didn't.  I mean, when did Rick turn into The Black Knight from Monty Python?  "You shot me?  Feh!  It's just a flesh wound!"

Mike

« Reply #1124 on: April 03, 2017, 09:06:12 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Definitely an enjoyable episode but did we really need the last 15 episodes of drudgery for that?

Since they started the build up to Negan in the middle of season six, it's like they (the producers) have gotten too wrapped up in their grandiose plans and have let quality control slide.  Like, all the big moments worked but there were a bunch of little things that didn't.  I mean, when did Rick turn into The Black Knight from Monty Python?  "You shot me?  Feh!  It's just a flesh wound!"

Mike
to be fair, the intention of shooting him was just to wound him to make him more compliant, not to kill him or mortally wound him.

hope next season they stick it to the trash people too.