Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 356449 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1080 on: October 23, 2016, 11:22:22 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I think we're going to end up seeing Super Saiyan Maggie released now lol

I'm betting she organizes all of the clans against Neegan to finally end it. Doesn't she take over the Hiltop Community in the comics?

TP for referencing super saiyan :D

« Reply #1081 on: October 23, 2016, 11:32:28 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
I think we're going to end up seeing Super Saiyan Maggie released now lol

I'm betting she organizes all of the clans against Neegan to finally end it. Doesn't she take over the Hiltop Community in the comics?
if you're giving away what happens in the comics and it hasn't happened on the show, please post (possible) SPOILER somewhere before you say it.

My bad. I was legitimately asking, because I don't read the comics (who actually does?). But I thought I remembered someone saying that, or perhaps it was someone positing a theory about  what would happen after this happened now. Who knows.

« Reply #1082 on: October 24, 2016, 12:59:09 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Not to be a wet blanket, but there's no reason that couldn't have been trimmed to about 15 minutes and added to the end of the last season finale to make an awesome episode more awesome and left us still waiting in anticipation for what came next.  This and the Glenn fakeout death make me a little concerned that showrunner Gimple is trying a little to hard to show Hollywood how sophisticated they are and garner some award show love, which the show has long deserved any way.

Mike

« Reply #1083 on: October 24, 2016, 08:03:48 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Holy Moly, that was...something. I almost didn't want to watch this show anymore after last season's Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ery, but this was a worthy pay-off. Let's hope they're not falling back into this rather formulaic TV story-telling. I especially liked how they teased Rick losing his hand when he was alone with Negan. As someone who has read the comics, I'm totally pleased with the fan-service here.

Not to be a wet blanket, but there's no reason that couldn't have been trimmed to about 15 minutes and added to the end of the last season finale to make an awesome episode more awesome and left us still waiting in anticipation for what came next.  This and the Glenn fakeout death make me a little concerned that showrunner Gimple is trying a little to hard to show Hollywood how sophisticated they are and garner some award show love, which the show has long deserved any way.

Mike

True, and I shared your concerns about TWD. However, after this episode it seems they have learnt their lesson. I'm willing to give it another chance.

Let's keep in mind that this isn't the first time our survivors encounter another group, or a single, big bad villain. They had to make sure Negan would be more than just another Governor, and 15 minutes isn't nearly enough for that.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #1084 on: October 24, 2016, 08:51:17 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Holy Moly, that was...something. I almost didn't want to watch this show anymore after last season's ****ery, but this was a worthy pay-off. Let's hope they're not falling back into this rather formulaic TV story-telling. I especially liked how they teased Rick losing his hand when he was alone with Negan. As someone who has read the comics, I'm totally pleased with the fan-service here.

Mike

True, and I shared your concerns about TWD. However, after this episode it seems they have learnt their lesson. I'm willing to give it another chance.

Let's keep in mind that this isn't the first time our survivors encounter another group, or a single, big bad villain. They had to make sure Negan would be more than just another Governor, and 15 minutes isn't nearly enough for that.
have to agree with you on that last point.  Last year showed Negan was a real bad-ass but the premiere this year showed he was a master gamesman in breaking Rick and the group's will to fight (except Maggie).  show had me to the point where I hated Negan so much I wanted to use Lucille on him.  I can't recall ever getting that wrapped up in a show ever.

« Reply #1085 on: October 24, 2016, 09:58:26 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Well then.....

I didn't think this show had that kind of episode left in the holster.

Epic

« Reply #1086 on: November 10, 2016, 05:47:53 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Snoozeville.

Yup

« Reply #1087 on: November 13, 2016, 09:10:37 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
Neegan is certainly one heck of a 'bad guy'.

It'll be a while, I m sure, but hopefully his death is spectacular when it finally comes.

« Reply #1088 on: November 21, 2016, 05:22:07 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

It'll be a while, I m sure, but hopefully his death is spectacular when it finally comes.

Multiple seeds being planted this week.  But still...snooooooooze
Yup

« Reply #1089 on: November 21, 2016, 05:49:32 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

Last night was definitely another filler episode.

I don't mind the occasional 'slow' episode, but too many of them back to back to back does start to really become a drag.

« Reply #1090 on: November 21, 2016, 05:55:10 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

This is the first time where being a reader of the comic has been a bad thing.  I know where the story is going and it's becoming pretty darn clear they are going to take FOREVER getting there.  The entire Governor saga lasted 22 episodes.  They spent 11 episodes just building up to Negan's first appearance.

Mike

« Reply #1091 on: November 21, 2016, 06:16:01 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

This is the first time where being a reader of the comic has been a bad thing.  I know where the story is going and it's becoming pretty darn clear they are going to take FOREVER getting there.  The entire Governor saga lasted 22 episodes.  They spent 11 episodes just building up to Negan's first appearance.

Mike

That to me is why the Walking Dead is a good show, but not a great one. They take way too long to get to the climax of the story. So many of the episodes that they tell are twice, sometimes three times as long as they should be. Compared to say AMC's other recent big hit, Breaking Bad, where the story was told perfectly with hardly any filler.

It's a shame because in the comics, things are constantly happening to keep you interested in what happens next.

« Reply #1092 on: November 21, 2016, 06:20:03 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

I don't mind the occasional 'slow' episode, but too many of them back to back to back does start to really become a drag.

Carl in love is a bit of a gagger
Yup

« Reply #1093 on: November 21, 2016, 06:30:31 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

The thing is, the emotional back stories are what make the deaths that much more powerful.

But the show needs to find a better balance.  They were letting main characters last too long and only killing off the new "sidekicks".  They knocked off a few big dogs, have had a little lull, and now I'd expect them to knock off a few role players.

« Reply #1094 on: November 21, 2016, 06:37:48 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

The thing is, the emotional back stories are what make the deaths that much more powerful.

But the show needs to find a better balance.  They were letting main characters last too long and only killing off the new "sidekicks".  They knocked off a few big dogs, have had a little lull, and now I'd expect them to knock off a few role players.

I know.  I've just never been a Carl fan.

I still don't buy that Negan would have let him live after drawing a gun on one of this lackies.

Where's T-Dogg when you need him?
Yup