Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 358133 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #840 on: September 25, 2015, 12:40:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
At times quite frankly it has been boring to me, not as much action as I am used too.   I get it is early in the series and they are building characters.  It better stabilize in the ratings soon, however, I do not see it in imminent danger.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2440966/fear-the-walking-dead-drops-in-ratings-again-but-so-does-the-emmys/

http://www.inquisitr.com/2433275/fear-the-walking-dead-heres-why-we-shouldnt-worry-about-its-dip-in-ratings/

The drug son acts too hard to be like a young Johnny Depp.  His looks, even his acting and line delivery are similar and on purpose on his part.

Yeah, so far I'm not a big fan of the characters.  None seem that likable.  Maybe the mom but that's about it.

The drugged out son is annoying as heck.  So is his sister.  The dad seems clueless to what's going on around him and seems like the type that will get people killed.  I like the guy I like best is Ruben Blades character because he really doesn't give a crap yet seems to be more aware than the idiots around him (not that its tough).
I was trying to think who that kid was trying to imitate -- Depp -- nailed it.

have to agree on the characters -- I'm not being drawn it to care about any of them right now.  agree that Ruben and the mom character seem to have the most potential right now.  If the step-father has a turning point where he goes from thinking there's hope to realizing there is none, that could turn into something decent.  right now I think the strength of the show is pulling from an interest in seeing how the TWD world got to that point.  I do think that they've got to develop characters that draw more interest in order to build it to TWD level ( or fairly close to it) in terms of a following.

« Reply #841 on: September 25, 2015, 01:06:43 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Not a fan of FTWD. Think they really blew it. We went from normal society to Woodbury in 4 episodes. They should have made the first season all about how each character first experiences their first walkers. I was okay with episode one and two they should have kept that pace to show what these characters lost and who they were. Making their survival more about how lucky/unlucky they were to see/make contact with a walker early in the outbreak. That experience being how they understand they must run. The season finale should have been when police containment fails (family must escape the city choas) and national guard comes in (saving/evacuating family). So my main disappointment comes from believing the show should be or was supposed to be about fall of society. I guess they weren't committed to that different a show from TWD. It feels like they wanted to get closer to TWD formula ASAP. I actually enjoy TWD and sure FTWD will be OK despite my early disappointment on the direction of the show.

« Reply #842 on: September 25, 2015, 05:07:12 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Saw this today

Yup

« Reply #843 on: October 02, 2015, 08:38:16 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Saw this today

can't see any pictures since the forum issues from a couple of weeks ago -- what's the picture of?

« Reply #844 on: October 02, 2015, 09:22:31 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Cast headshots from each season.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #845 on: October 08, 2015, 11:38:53 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I thought Sunday's "midseason finale" of FTWD was pretty decent.  Definitely got your zombie quantity fix anyhow.

Looking forward to the real deal starting back up this weekend.

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/02bda07ea1/amc-please-kill-carl-this-season-on-the-walking-dead-cause-we-ve-earned-it?_cc=S_d___&_ccid=nlm1br.nvwr8w
Yup

« Reply #846 on: October 08, 2015, 11:45:56 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I thought Sunday's "midseason finale" of FTWD was pretty decent.  Definitely got your zombie quantity fix anyhow.

I thought it was pretty funny how the main group wound up being the biggest villains in the entire season, torturing a soldier, letting out thousands of zombies and getting a lot of people killed for no real reason, since they were going to evac the hospital patients anyway.  They also managed to leave the gate to their community wide open, meaning they're either dead from the Cobalt bomb or will face the zombie mob. 

Somebody else said this but I think it's pretty accurate - this bunch is like the origin story for one of the "bad guy" groups the regular Walking Dead crew encounters.

« Reply #847 on: October 08, 2015, 11:58:38 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I thought it was pretty funny how the main group wound up being the biggest villains in the entire season, torturing a soldier, letting out thousands of zombies and getting a lot of people killed for no real reason, since they were going to evac the hospital patients anyway.  They also managed to leave the gate to their community wide open, meaning they're either dead from the Cobalt bomb or will face the zombie mob. 

Somebody else said this but I think it's pretty accurate - this bunch is like the origin story for one of the "bad guy" groups the regular Walking Dead crew encounters.
interesting take on that.  they did say they were considering heading east.  bummed the ex-wife had to be taken out at the end.  she was starting to look promising at the end.

« Reply #848 on: October 08, 2015, 12:02:46 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Oh, its the most unlikable group ever.  The kids are annoying as heck.  The dad drives me nuts with his decision making.  Salazar's daughter is pretty unlikable.  Salazar & the Mom have potential.

However, I think the most interesting character right now, easily, is Strand.  Really would like to see how they develop him.   Has a ton of potential.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #849 on: October 08, 2015, 12:07:01 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

interesting take on that.  they did say they were considering heading east.  bummed the ex-wife had to be taken out at the end.  she was starting to look promising at the end.

Oh I don't think they'll literally wind up as adversaries for Rick et al, I think we're actually supposed to be rooting for them.  It's just that their decisions have been really short-sighted and led to a lot of people dying who'd otherwise be alive.  I think it's just clumsy plotting instead of a deliberate choice, but man did they screw a lot of people over in the last 2 episodes.

« Reply #850 on: October 08, 2015, 12:10:11 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah, it's amazing how much debate there was regarding whether to kill the soldier, versus none at all to in all likelihood kill every single person at the military base.  Dad didn't seem to blink an eye at that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #851 on: October 08, 2015, 12:18:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Oh I don't think they'll literally wind up as adversaries for Rick et al, I think we're actually supposed to be rooting for them.  It's just that their decisions have been really short-sighted and led to a lot of people dying who'd otherwise be alive.  I think it's just clumsy plotting instead of a deliberate choice, but man did they screw a lot of people over in the last 2 episodes.
definitely showed the worst of a me-first mentality with that crew.  guess they need an outlet for some people to root for the zombies (other than rooting for them to finally get Carl on TWD)

« Reply #852 on: October 08, 2015, 12:21:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
The kids are annoying as heck.
to be fair, can't that be said about every show that has kids?  ;)

I know I've certainly watched a number of shows with annoying kids where I'd wished some zombies would come along and take care of them.

« Reply #853 on: October 08, 2015, 12:32:51 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
The kids are annoying as heck.
to be fair, can't that be said about every show that has kids?  ;)

I know I've certainly watched a number of shows with annoying kids where I'd wished some zombies would come along and take care of them.

They're not on Carl level but, then again, who is.  That bar is ridiculously high.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #854 on: October 08, 2015, 12:38:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Carl is a worthwhile character solely because he led to the Bad Lip Reading guys making the "Carl Poppa" song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9aM9Ch97U8