Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 356951 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #735 on: October 15, 2014, 07:44:41 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Some pretty cool info. Especially if that is indeed Negan, a major antagonist in the comics.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/13/the-walking-dead-season-5-premiere-five-things-you-might-have-mi/

Especially if the

« Reply #736 on: October 15, 2014, 10:45:56 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Didn't realize the guy who got his throat cut was that guy locked in the bathroom last season.  Interesting.

« Reply #737 on: October 15, 2014, 11:21:29 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Didn't realize the guy who got his throat cut was that guy locked in the bathroom last season.  Interesting.

that scene was so gruesome...I like this new Rick...scary, but more aggressive

« Reply #738 on: October 15, 2014, 11:28:37 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

It was gruesome, especially for cable, but that scene kinda had me rolling my eyes because you knew they were never gonna get to the main characters.  The show pulls its punches exactly where it shouldn't sometimes.  I mean, Tyrese basically has superpowers at this point.

I did like it when Rick said "kill them and don't hesitate, because they won't" right after the executioners hesitated to kill them about 4 times in a row.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:39:10 AM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #739 on: October 15, 2014, 11:54:18 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Rick has finally turned into what Shane already was.  He understood what was needed to survive.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #740 on: October 15, 2014, 12:20:08 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Rick has finally turned into what Shane already was.  He understood what was needed to survive.

somewhat, difference is Shane does the necessary for himself, Rick does the necessary to keep the people he cares about alive

« Reply #741 on: October 15, 2014, 03:32:26 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Mark me as one who was a little disappointed they just broke free so quickly. I realize it's the premiere and they needed to open with a bang, and also that they've been guilty in the past of stalling the action to save money with filler episodes, but the whole experience at Terminus ended up lasting just two episodes. An episode or two building up to the escape would have been great, giving us the chance to see how Terminus works and how the people psychologically rationalize such horror. Instead, they just gave us a little flashback and a teary scene with the mom.

Now we'll have 2-3 episodes of walking around and talking in the woods to pay for all effects and set pieces in episode 1.

They'll have to go back for Beth I'm guessing.  No way they're using all those Terminus sets for just 2 episodes.  And closing on a flashback to how Terminus used to be is a pretty big sign that they've got a lot more plot left.
Yeah, and some of the previews and "sneak peeks" clearly showed the Terminus leader later on, somewhere NOT Terminus, so that element is something that's going to continue, despite the fact that Terminus itself was destroyed/overrun, (and they showed the Terminus leader injured but NOT killed during their escape) ... I think he'll be the major antagonist this season, continuing beyond Terminus. I was also surprised that Terminus itself was put behind so quickly, tho I have no qualms about the gang escaping already, lol ... and being reuinted. After the ending to last season, I need a couple warm, fuzzy moments to ease the tension a bit ... things will be bad again in no time. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #742 on: October 15, 2014, 04:33:25 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If you read my above post, I believe we saw a character in the train car,  who was torturing the
"Termites" who will be way worse than Terminus or any baddies they produced.   The guy who said this one, and they dragged off a female.  I hid the name in the post pretty obviously whom I believe that man to be.  It's on page 48.

« Reply #743 on: October 23, 2014, 10:28:04 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
any speculation on the Preacher from the last episode?  the writing on the wall suggests something nasty in his past.

« Reply #744 on: October 23, 2014, 11:07:10 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
any speculation on the Preacher from the last episode?  the writing on the wall suggests something nasty in his past.

I think he freaked and locked out his parishioners when things got bad.  That's why he was so rattled by seeing that woman he knew.

If you read my above post, I believe we saw a character in the train car,  who was torturing the
"Termites" who will be way worse than Terminus or any baddies they produced.   The guy who said this one, and they dragged off a female.  I hid the name in the post pretty obviously whom I believe that man to be.  It's on page 48.

I'm pretty sure that was the crazy guy they let out of a boxcar who promptly got eaten.  The guy with the beard yelling "WE'RE THE SAME!"

« Reply #745 on: October 23, 2014, 11:58:02 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'm thinking he probably went all Father Merrin and got people killed trying to exorcise the dead.

« Reply #746 on: October 23, 2014, 12:53:55 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I'm thinking he probably went all Father Merrin and got people killed trying to exorcise the dead.
interesting.  sort of like Herschel corraling them in his barn just without the people getting killed.

« Reply #747 on: October 23, 2014, 01:24:30 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I think foulweather has it right,  as I think people were trying to get in and he didn't risk it and kept the place locked up and let people looking for sanctuary die in the his past.   He fell apart when he saw that woman, I think she was one of them perhaps or a former lover.   But there were marks like someone tried to get into the Chapel.   Someone had  wrote he would burn in hades, on the church wall near the claw marks.   Karl noticed these if you paid attention to the episode, I think this is fairly easy to draw that conclusion, of course, it could be a red herring....

« Reply #748 on: October 28, 2014, 03:07:45 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
thoughts on the latest episode?  love that they polished off Gareth like that --> didn't want to waste the bullets.  priceless.

Also liked how Bob had the last laugh on the cannibals with them eating his infected flesh.  begs the question that if indeed the cannibals/Gareth thought it was safe to eat him because he was cooked, wouldn't they just be able to cook up a fresh zombie on the assumption that the corpse hadn't rotted yet?  any Gourmet chefs out there feel like tackling that one?  ;)

« Reply #749 on: October 28, 2014, 03:11:44 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
thoughts on the latest episode?  love that they polished off Gareth like that --> didn't want to waste the bullets.  priceless.

First thought: 

I think he freaked and locked out his parishioners when things got bad.  That's why he was so rattled by seeing that woman he knew.

Booya!

Overall, I was pretty surprised they burned through that storyline so fast after an entire 1/2 season of buildup.  But it was fun seeing them get the drop on the Terminus guys.  Wish they'd done more on Tyrese refusing to kill that guy, though.

BTW, am I the only one who's really entertained by the fact that Maggie seems to have completely forgotten she has a sister?  This week's adventure: boarding a bus for DC while your sister's still captured and missing without even mentioning it!