Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 358235 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #945 on: November 23, 2015, 09:48:49 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Ah, as happy as I am to see Glenn survive, this was a low point for the show...that is some horrible writing.

Looks like Carl better watch his back.  That kid was ready to gun him down.

The woman ,  Ricks new girlfriend married a nut case.   Her children seem to be their fathers mindset ......more nuts .

I think that kid tricked Rick and Carl into teaching him how to murder them.  He seeks revenge for his looney  father. 

Morgan is nuts keeping the wolf guy alive ....that won't turn out well....for somebody

Glens survival was bogus .......the little girl is another nut job.

If I was Darryl , I d would not return to that hell hole.

« Reply #946 on: November 23, 2015, 10:57:22 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
couldn't they figure out some way to kill walkers quietly from inside the wall? Like a knife on a long stick or a cement block tied to a rope?

« Reply #947 on: November 23, 2015, 12:15:38 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
couldn't they figure out some way to kill walkers quietly from inside the wall? Like a knife on a long stick or a cement block tied to a rope?
now, now, not's start applying sound reasoning to this.  you'll spoil it for everyone ;)

« Reply #948 on: November 23, 2015, 12:23:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
now, now, not's start applying sound reasoning to this.  you'll spoil it for everyone ;)

Yup......that's right just stand up there for hours on end .....shifts taking poles with pointed steel,tipsy spoke em in the head ,,till they are,all dead.......put a blade from the coal mine on the truck,and push the dead zombies away . Slowly but surely you d get them down to a manageable amount.  Go.outside and clean  the rest..

Being a show ...requires they eliminate them ALL,IN A SHORT PERIOD.

« Reply #949 on: November 23, 2015, 05:59:47 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Yup......that's right just stand up there for hours on end .....shifts taking poles with pointed steel,tipsy spoke em in the head ,,till they are,all dead.......put a blade from the coal mine on the truck,and push the dead zombies away . Slowly but surely you d get them down to a manageable amount.  Go.outside and clean  the rest..

How about a good old fashioned blow dart?  How big does the brain rupture need to be?
Yup

« Reply #950 on: November 23, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

How about a good old fashioned blow dart?  How big does the brain rupture need to be?

I d be putting together better weapons of mass destruction ....... Fix up a few Abrams Tanks .....just squish them .

Hand grenades and flamethrower .........I d be headed to the nearest Armory

Bulldozer them.....of the edge of a cliff into the ocean , let the fishes eat them.

This slow .....picking at the probelm is painful to watch.

A few tanks driving up and down the highways clearing  the cars and squishing zombies

« Reply #951 on: November 23, 2015, 06:34:31 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Yeah, I was thinking of this myself about three episodes ago. They could easily fashion a spear long enough to poke some, if not most of them on alternating shifts, quiet enough to not alert the rest of the horde.

I did however see Talking Dead, and on the Inside the Dead segment, it was explained that storyline wise, the horde coming to the walls and the walls crumbling down happened in just one day. Then again, one day should be enough to thin the horde a bit by spearing some of them.

But yeah. Logic doesn't work in entertainment sometime, no?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #952 on: November 23, 2015, 06:35:33 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
SPOILER ALERT

kudos to those who knew that dumpster had room under it.  didn't think he'd fit.

I agree.....That's was a bit of stretch.   I never seen a dumpster that anything larger than a cat could crawl under.   Most sit totally flat and are lifted from the sides ......

Glens escape was totally hokie ......even my wife looks at me and says dumpsters don't sit that high.....lol

When somebody mentioned he might have done that.......there is just no way ......but they Hollywooded it up......LOL

More amazing was his ability to seamlessly transfer from that crazy traumatic scene to a night under a dumpster to world's most patient mentor.

Don't think it was only one night b/c all of the living walkers had time to wander off and Glenn was on that water like he hadn't had a drink in a very long time. I think the time was moving along like the other s/l.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #953 on: November 29, 2015, 11:58:03 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Pretty lackluster mid-season finale if you ask me.

Morgan has officially reached Andrea's level of disdain on the show, at least for a character that is supposedly on our side. The Governor is in his own level of disdain, rivaled only by Joffrey Baratheon. But Morgan is quickly approaching that status with this ridiculous, stupid philosophy of not-killing, especially as full of holes as it is. I've  disliked him ever since the "Clear" episode way back a couple of seasons ago.

« Reply #954 on: November 30, 2015, 12:20:11 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
The show these last few episodes had the same problem Kirkman has in the comics.  He likes to have these huge casts of characters but does an awful job of managing them.  Where was Spenser and that guy who was helping Rick reinforce the wall?  What about Aaron?

Glenn surviving was nonsense but I'm happy enough to keep the character around that I'll give 'em a pass.

I actually think they're setting up Morgan to be a real threat to Rick, but as sort of a reverse Shane who feels Rick is too brutal to lead anyone.

And I actually enjoyed this mid-season finale because it wasn't the same thing we've seen before.  Ever since the fall of the prison, I think the show has really strived to not just repeat the same pattern over and over again.  Find a safe space.  Things look good.  Things go bad.  Escape.  Find a safe space and repeat.  While the prison was just a bigger version of the farm, Alexandria has been a different challenge and experience.

Mike

« Reply #955 on: November 30, 2015, 12:31:47 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
The show these last few episodes had the same problem Kirkman has in the comics.  He likes to have these huge casts of characters but does an awful job of managing them.  Where was Spenser and that guy who was helping Rick reinforce the wall?  What about Aaron?

Glenn surviving was nonsense but I'm happy enough to keep the character around that I'll give 'em a pass.

I actually think they're setting up Morgan to be a real threat to Rick, but as sort of a reverse Shane who feels Rick is too brutal to lead anyone.

And I actually enjoyed this mid-season finale because it wasn't the same thing we've seen before.  Ever since the fall of the prison, I think the show has really strived to not just repeat the same pattern over and over again.  Find a safe space.  Things look good.  Things go bad.  Escape.  Find a safe space and repeat.  While the prison was just a bigger version of the farm, Alexandria has been a different challenge and experience.

Mike
The Alexandria storyline has been well done I think. But I absolutely hated the Terminus storyline, because there was a half season of build up to only have like one full episode on/in Terminus itself. I thought there was a ton of potential with that storyline that they wasted with the long build up and lackluster delivery of Terminus itself.

« Reply #956 on: November 30, 2015, 01:02:44 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
mom...mom...

« Reply #957 on: December 03, 2015, 09:23:39 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
mom...mom...
I had a feeling that kid was going to have a meltdown.  should have just cut him loose before they left that house.  for that matter, jettison her other jerk kid too-->expecting him to make a move to screw Carl on the way out.

Other thoughts -- anyone thinking Glenn seeing Maggie in trouble will drive him to sacrifice himself to save her?  Hate to see him go since I think he's the one character who's retained some humanity but would sort of justify his questionable escape under the dumpster.

Morgan needs to go.  If Carol doesn't off that stupid Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again., someone else needs to.  no doubt the wolf is going to off Denise by using her as food for walkers all thanks to Morgan.

« Reply #958 on: December 05, 2015, 10:22:57 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
mom...mom...
I had a feeling that kid was going to have a meltdown.  should have just cut him loose before they left that house.  for that matter, jettison her other jerk kid too-->expecting him to make a move to screw Carl on the way out.

Other thoughts -- anyone thinking Glenn seeing Maggie in trouble will drive him to sacrifice himself to save her?  Hate to see him go since I think he's the one character who's retained some humanity but would sort of justify his questionable escape under the dumpster.

Morgan needs to go.  If Carol doesn't off that stupid ****, someone else needs to.  no doubt the wolf is going to off Denise by using her as food for walkers all thanks to Morgan.

Someone's gotta get that whiny little brat some decent vinyl anyhow.   ;D

Carol being willing to kill or did for her principles was pretty powerful. 

Why is the walker guys camouflage used only situationaly?  Is it just too gross to be utilized routinely.  Seems effective enough with those who can keep their cake hole shut.
Yup

« Reply #959 on: December 05, 2015, 11:32:48 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
mom...mom...

Morgan needs to go.  If Carol doesn't off that stupid ****, someone else needs to.  no doubt the wolf is going to off Denise by using her as food for walkers all thanks to Morgan.

Someone's gotta get that whiny little brat some decent vinyl anyhow.   ;D

Carol being willing to kill or did for her principles was pretty powerful. 

Why is the walker guys camouflage used only situationaly?  Is it just too gross to be utilized routinely.  Seems effective enough with those who can keep their cake hole shut.

Kirkman explained this in Talking Dead.

Firstly, it wears off. It doesn't last that much. Second, it's not advisable to keep doing it as wearing it means the wearer can smell the stench, and the rotting parts can be harmful to someone's health. I'm paraphrasing of course, but that's the explanation.

Also, I agree. That kid has to get the Lizzie "look at the flowers" treatment. He's going to put everyone in danger. Now it sounds harsh, but really, in that world, is it?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace