Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 356474 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #810 on: March 29, 2015, 10:10:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Wow .....stuff going down

« Reply #811 on: March 29, 2015, 10:40:45 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Holy hell. Greatest Walking Dead episode ever, and it's up there on my favorite episode of any show. SO MANY FEELS!

« Reply #812 on: March 29, 2015, 10:57:20 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Sorry, guys, I love these things, lol. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxvo8AcpQQ

« Reply #813 on: May 21, 2015, 10:27:04 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I love this show so much.  :)
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #814 on: August 27, 2015, 01:29:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
anyone catch Fear the Walking Dead?

I think the premise has some real promise -- the beginning of the zombie apocalypse before anyone really knew what they were dealing with.  Hoping that at some point they put together a solid story explaining how it all started.

show looked good in the premier.  Hoping it continues to develop and improve

« Reply #815 on: August 27, 2015, 01:44:52 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be

I think the premise has some real promise -- the beginning of the zombie apocalypse before anyone really knew what they were dealing with.  Hoping that at some point they put together a solid story explaining how it all started.

I liked it a lot.  Has a lot of potential.   The slow build to absolute anarchy should be amazing if they do it right.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #816 on: August 27, 2015, 02:17:54 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I feel like most of the shows on amc improve the longer they are on. The Walking dead (along with Breaking Bad) is a prime example of this. I'm hoping that Fear the Walking dead improves upon the early mistakes of the Walking Dead and ends up being a better show. I have high hopes for this show.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #817 on: August 27, 2015, 02:18:53 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
I read an interview about it and they said that they are not going to tell why it all happened, just different people dealing with it and this time from the beginning. Probably a good idea, don't do anything in the new show that could take away from the old one.

« Reply #818 on: August 27, 2015, 02:23:43 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I read an interview about it and they said that they are not going to tell why it all happened, just different people dealing with it and this time from the beginning. Probably a good idea, don't do anything in the new show that could take away from the old one.
interesting.  hoping that before all of the Walking Dead shows (including any and all spinoffs) run their course, at least one of them provides an answer or at least an implicit clue to the source.  After watching the premier, I got the feeling they were going to tie the cause to the flu vaccine everyone was getting.

« Reply #819 on: August 27, 2015, 02:29:49 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
I still have it on DVR. Yet to watch it. I don't have high hopes for enjoying it, simply because I started watching the other show first, even though I think TWD has really gone down hill since the end of season 3.

« Reply #820 on: August 27, 2015, 02:38:24 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I still have it on DVR. Yet to watch it. I don't have high hopes for enjoying it, simply because I started watching the other show first, even though I think TWD has really gone down hill since the end of season 3.
just curious, what about the show do you think is worse since that third season?

I've heard a couple of other people mention that but one person was disappointed that there wasn't more zombies and one person was disappointed in the storyline not following the books more closely.

Personally, I still think it's the best show on television and the human interest part of the storylines has been excellent.  I go back to the episode with the 2 young girls with Carol and Tyreke at that house where the older sister kills the younger one thinking she will be ok.  that was just deep psychological impact and the resulting decisions on their part with what to do with that girl. 

I'd also point to when Noah was allowed to die by that **** from the pacifist group in the revolving door.  The drama of the cowardice opposed to the bravery as well as the desperation of the human mind  was another really solid piece.

« Reply #821 on: August 27, 2015, 02:48:56 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
Walking Dead has had some ridiculous ebbs & flows in its existence.  Thought the show started out strong then sort've stalled out while at the farmhouse, then it picked up again at the prison, then fizzled a bit, then bounced back this past season. 

LOST was a bit similar in that regard.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #822 on: August 27, 2015, 03:03:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
just curious, what about the show do you think is worse since that third season?

I've heard a couple of other people mention that but one person was disappointed that there wasn't more zombies and one person was disappointed in the storyline not following the books more closely.

Personally, I still think it's the best show on television and the human interest part of the storylines has been excellent.  I go back to the episode with the 2 young girls with Carol and Tyreke at that house where the older sister kills the younger one thinking she will be ok.  that was just deep psychological impact and the resulting decisions on their part with what to do with that girl. 

I'd also point to when Noah was allowed to die by that **** from the pacifist group in the revolving door.  The drama of the cowardice opposed to the bravery as well as the desperation of the human mind  was another really solid piece.

There have definitely been some very good episodes in the last couple of seasons (particularly the "Look at the flowers" episode), but they've been surrounded by so many "filler" episodes that the show itself gets watered down. My inner nerd is coming out here, but it's very similar to Dragonball Z in that there seems to be SOOOO many filler episodes that you just end up losing a lot of interest after awhile.

Another thing that kind of ticked me off about the show was Terminus. They built up to it the entire second half of the fourth season only for it to essentially be a cliffhanger at the end of season 4 and a single episode to start season five. Then they took the opposite route with Alexandria and played it out a bit throughout season five. For me, the cannibal storyline was much more interesting than the pacifist storyline.

I think they should've modeled more off of the Game of Thrones model, or even how they were at the beginning of the show, with fewer episodes. Each season is only 16 episodes, but in all honesty it's so drawn out that it seems like there are 25+ in each season.

« Reply #823 on: August 27, 2015, 03:25:19 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
big comic fan and in general zombie enthusiast. (not over the top though in a weird way). I feel TWD has been excellent ever since Scott Gimple took over the helm. Season three started strong but soon became atrocious. They ruined the governor for me. Loved how they handled Terminus. The Survivors were seasoned at that point and knew how to handle themselves. Plus it wasn't just two episodes it carried on for about roughly 4 in total. The Hunters(cannibals) were never meant to be a major threat.

as far as FearTWD goes I probably wont watch it. I like Rick Grimes too much to support that. Plus I feel it will become far more repetitive to the earlier seasons of TWD. POSSIBLE SPOILER I do believe they created FTWD to have a show with much more zombies. TWD will soon be transitioning away from the zombie threat even further as more locations are discovered (including the next big bad/the wolves are playground bullies compared to this guy). I believe FTWD is meant to please the fans who constantly complain about the lack of zombies.
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #824 on: August 27, 2015, 03:29:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
My excitement for the WD was starting to wane a bit by the end of last season .   ....I think it is getting kinda ....mundane or old with me I guess.

Now......I think Hell on Wheels was the best season ever .....they seem to be getting more interesting ..to me ....I like western themes though and history is a kinda hobby.